[ZS] Developer Update December 21st - Zombie Slayer Mobile

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Loren, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Loren

Loren Administrator

We have just released a Zombie Slayer Mobile Beta available on the Facebook platform. This product is in the early stages, so we would greatly appreciate any and all player feedback.

Our initial release has been targeted towards a Single Player game experience. What this includes:

- Quests
    - Boss Battles
    - The Shop
    - UN Offers
    - Achievements
    - Arming
    - Skill Point Allocation

To test out the new Beta, visit Facebook or load the Facebook App on your mobile device and click your Zombie Slayer Bookmark. We will continue to tie in new game features as we work our way through the initial kinks. If you have a feature you would like to see integrated, please voice your opinion here.

If you encounter any issues, or have other feedback, we encourage you to post through this forum. This gives everyone the opportunity to share any common information / issues.

2. would like to see this also on Pirate Clan ت

it is a good step, keep going kano ت

3. Loren

Loren Administrator

Thank you Salman, once we stabilize the product a little more we will be developing a Pirate Clan version as well.

4. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

definitely noticed I like it in general, but

1) All links get redirected to the mobile app with no way of accessing the full site if you want. I even tried to type in the address as it says apps.facebook.com/zombieslayer and I still got redirected to the mobile version.

2) There's no slider for boss attacks. Was stuck playing on the phone doing 5 pt power attacks takes awhile to use 700 stamina.

3) I now see your going for a solo experience but completely eliminating the message system and access to faction messages kinda sucks

4) No gifting? or game feed. If I was reduced to only having the mobile app and was on vacation I would not be able to complete help points for my faction.

5) No way to access energy boost.

6) The floating bars at the top and bottom are nice but extremely jerky when trying to scroll and if you zoom in at all forget doing anything!

I do like it and I think it ran faster than the full site on my phone but over all I still want to be able to access the full site and not always get redirected. Tried two different browsers on my phone just to see and in both cases had the same outcome.

5. pulser0

pulser0 New Member

I always play from my mobile phone, an with this update the game is unplayable. Please give me back the ability to play from my phone, as currently i can only use the new cut down version, which doesnt let me play the game.
    Choice would be acceptable, but with the current state i have no choice but to quit the game :-(

6. tried it.
    hate it.

like pulser said. unplayable.

7. Anthony Nurse

Anthony Nurse Member

Rubbish get rid of it cannot access the full site.Would have thought you would have concentrated on improving game play not ruining it

8. pulser0

pulser0 New Member

I have to say that the full game right now is great fun, so please let me have my full fun, and not reduced fun.

9. Loren

Loren Administrator

@kamikazeweasel
    Thanks for the feedback, we realize that the game as it stands is limiting. We will continue to develop it, and plug in the missing features that you outlined to turn this in to a full featured game.

1) We will be updating the link, but you do still have access to the full version: http://fb.kanogames.com/zombieslayer.
    6) Are you running Android? 2.2 / 2.1?

@pulser0 / @BorisGrishnikov
    Is the 'unplayable' label given because of the limited game features? Or does the game not work at all on your mobile device? If the game is not working, what platform are you playing on (Android / iPhone / iPad .....)

10. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

thanks for the link update that should help with the limitations,

I use a Samsung galaxy s2 running Android 2.3,

And to be more descriptive on point 6 - the floating bars don't stay attached in their respective areas. when scrolling the bars stick and when your done scrolling the bars jerk into place. If zoomed in the usable space with the increased size of the floating bars is very difficult to play on mainly affecting when links are to close together.

11. pulser0

pulser0 New Member

Sorry if i was not clear enough. The game works fine (android 2.3). My problem is the lack of features compared to the full game (missing boosts, gifts, challenges, etc), so I am now at a big dissadvantage compared to other players. My preference would be to play the full version, as it works fine on my phone.
    The thing that made me most unhappy last night is that i have now failed a challenge just because the game wouldnt let me do it last night. Will try the link from above, and let you know if it works for me.

12. pulser0

pulser0 New Member

Thanks for the update. Game works great now :)

13. Loren

Loren Administrator

Our first round of updates was just released to Zombie Slayer Mobile:

- Squad Bosses are now available for attacking (note the list is limited to the first 20)
    - Slayers can now call for help on Boss Battles through their Facebook Feed, this also gets posted to the Game Feed available on the Full Version.
    - Boss Battle leader board statistics are now listed on the Boss Battle page.
    - You can now JOIN your friends Boss Battles by clicking on their Facebook feed.

Other updates:
    - Boss battles are sorted, with the active boss getting listed first.
    - Client updates for better handling expired Facebook sessions.

COMING SOON:
    - Mobile browser compatibility updates.
    - Inviting Friends.
    - Manage Top Squad.
    - Gifting.
    - Credits.
    - Vault.
    - Inventory Upgrading.

14. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

Glad you guys can do this for MySpace or Hi5.......oh wait silly me.

Yet again, you guys prove you only care about Facebook. You're lucky anyone on MySpace or Hi5 still plays.

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

This is a mobile web version of the app that Facebook supports, MySpace and Hi5 does not support mobile login options on their mobile platforms.

We will be looking to take versions to andriod and ios early this year, there may be options to join MS and Hi5 accounts from those versions.