[LCN] World Chat Barring for NON Obsceneties

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shaun Mannings, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Shaun Mannings

Shaun Mannings New Member

Why do I keep getting barred under the guise of obsceneties when I haven't used any ? I wasn't even accusing people of cheating which you use this message as a poor excuse when barring.
    If I am doing something that is frowned upon get a proper message organised to say so or let me post. Better still, let everyone know what non obsceneties you are barring for so we can avoid usage.
    This happened when saying people using the game for nefarious reasons.
    This being the case, it would appear you prefer non gaming, nefarious accounts above those who spend time, effort and money.
    Is this because they generate page hits and you get income for that from FB ?

AXXO likes this.
  2. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

It's incredibly frustrating that "torpedo" "alt" and "script" are all banned words.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

torpedo?? odd
    I wanted to call someone , and it was a friend , who is a raid whore and got a time out lol

Yet, people can call me a xxx and a xxx in WC , I report them and they don't even get a time out let alone a ban,

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  4. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

In Kong chat I cannot believe the obscenities that are used, the discussions that get extremely sexual in nature and have to tell me 12 year old to leave the room so she doesn't read chat over my shoulder, and the insults that are really personal that are on Kong chat. But when you do send in a ticket, their response is that Kong chat is not Kong or some bs that it is Kano or something. Either way, there answer is that it is not under their control and that chat is run by another entity.

But you certainly have to be careful in the forum as I know several people who have been banned from posting from comments made that Kong found "inappropriate".

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  5. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

Why "torpedo" is impossible to write? Is this word so obscene? Next time i will want to say torpedo, i will say "the t-word" :p

6. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

I am hoping this won´t get me banned..... %#*?$+;! Let´s test it, shall we? Seriously I do wish I knew which words are in the filter because I too have been accused by the system for obscinities where there are none (or at least not intended).

7. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I have a feeling it's because of torpedo without the tor.

8. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

really? pedo? like pedophile or something?

9. Kirsten

Yeah maybe, My mind did not even go there till you mentioned it lol

10. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

the is something illogical about not allowing alt or bot, but allowing words like dick.
    How come torpedo isn't allowed when alternative is?

11. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Kong chat FTW! ...tor 'pedo' is probably the reason why

12. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

well I got banned for 5 mins for posting "Nah" I meant NO lol, please define Obsceneties lol. and if the mobster name carries the term ALT or BOT we get banned too. that's absurd then you shouldn't have make that kinda names in the first place. I got banned before for posting a PK on world chat, I killed LA BOT A ME WTF lol

13. Kirsten

Oh geeeze the player has that name, how can that have that name, then. A bit of pretzel logic there.

14. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Where are all these people getting banned? In Kong LCN chat, words like Alt, bot, and many curse words and obscenities are used every day. And people attack each other about sexuality, character, and all kinds of insults all the time. I have never seen anyone banned for it. The only people I have seen banned in chat were alts that got caught...... and I am sure that was a ban due to the account being banned.

15. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

[QUOTE
    Where are all these people getting banned? In Kong LCN chat, words like Alt, bot, and many curse words and obscenities are used every day. And people attack each other about sexuality, character, and all kinds of insults all the time. I have never seen anyone banned for it. The only people I have seen banned in chat were alts that got caught...... and I am sure that was a ban due to the account being banned.][/QUOTE]

I do know of at least one player that got banned from Kong chat. I believe someone must issue a ticket and report it first. Chat monitoring however is non-existent.

16. Kirsten

on FB

17. Bleeny

Bleeny New Member

You are mixing up Kong chat and World chat (aka "blue chat") here. KANO can't ban people for their behaviour in the Kongregate chatrooms, as it's none of their business (if you want to report someone for what they say in the Kong LCN chat, you'd have to do it via Kongregate support). But they can ban you from the World/Job/Group chat that's part of the game itself.

18. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

@GOING TO CATCH DAVID
    it's on facebook, server 1. some words like in the BOT situation they banned me for like 15 mins, but it was the mobster's name lol. second idk why I got banned may be I punch killed too much that day on WC LOL. they banned be for possibly "Nah*, they say it automtic system, don't know what's wrong with KONG

19. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

banning from WC and banning from game is different. you don't have to submit a ticket to ban someone from chat, it's like strict liability offenses, if you used a naughty word, you get banned, but you can still play the game. I guess anyone knows how to get banned from the game lol :D

20. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

wow. Thanks for the information. I guess if I post anything on FB chat I will be careful what I say but I don't think I have ever posted on the blue chat in FB and I rarely play there. So far I have been okay on Kong LCN chat. Thanks again!