What is your favorite method for battling a BOSS?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by hyperfixx, May 15, 2012.

1. hyperfixx

hyperfixx Member

What is your favorite method for battling a boss?

1. Attack the lower level bosses, leveling quicker and getting weapons, etc to create elite and legendary items.

2. Attacking higher level bosses, not leveling as fast, but receiving more weapons, etc. with a higher attack/defense.

3. Other

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Other.Not saying why.

3. hyperfixx

hyperfixx Member

Just curious to know which of the above method players feel is the best one.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

attack bosses that you can do the min on. and do as many as you can, so you can craft and depending on your level do not worry about elite or legendary items, it is better to have alot of loot , when you get to a level where you no longer use that loot then you can consider making it elite or legendary

attack people in your xp range that you can win , you get more xp that way especially if they have alot of clan

do not worry about leveling fast, level at a nice rate and use your skill points wisely, a run to the top only gets you a real small fight list , ya gotta be strong so concentrate on all aspects of the game, and take your time,

be sure to get full crew, 1,000 real peeps and 1,000 hired captains

and read the info in the help section this game is very well balanced if you follow the guidelines

5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Linda nailed it on the board. Best solution is to do as many bosses you can and get the min rewards at most. Never worry about getting to the top. Sooner or later you will get to play with the big ones. But be well equipped and well prepared when you do. Kano has lots of different ways you can build your character it just depends on your game style and how you play.

6. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

always do your high xp bosses yourself
    on the bosses that give good drops do as much as you can of your own bosses
    attack them with 2 stam attack you get more drops overall than attacking 5 stam attack
    always do other members bosses with bigger drops do the minimal on damage
    just do what you are comfortable with

for the LCN players also

7. I do both, I love the level 1-10 bosses that are in places such as Palermo, Miami, Paris etc. much less hits required for a min damage reward, and I like to do my own high level bosses for achievements also :D

8. hyperfixx

hyperfixx Member

Thnx for the advice guys. I will get back to this thread, when I have a little more time, and ask a few battle related questions. Until then....happy gaming.

P.S. Linda, you sound so badass. Let's get married. I'll let you touch my peg leg. :p

9. Just realised this is Pirate clan related question :D I would do the same here as I do In LCN, low level bosses for easier rewards, and my own high level bosses for achievements :)

10. hyperfixx

hyperfixx Member

Linda: "attack people in your xp range that you can win , you get more xp that way especially if they have alot of clan."

I usually attack ppl who are lower than me, so I don't lose and bring my stats down. Is this a good or bad strategy?

Linda: "attack bosses that you can do the min on. and do as many as you can, so you can craft and depending on your level do not worry about elite or legendary items, it is better to have alot of loot , when you get to a level where you no longer use that loot then you can consider making it elite or legendary."

So what you are saying here is to attack the lower lvl bosses, use the drop items I can, when I can't use them any more, then craft the elite/legendary items? I still attack the lower lvl bosses, even if I don't get anything useful, just for the elite/legendary items. It seems like a waste in a way, but then as I beat the bosses, I lvl quickly, which increases my E and S, which helps me to get more drops I need from my adventures and to battle more bosses. I'm not really trying to lvl faster but rather trying to build up my arsenal. The side effect of this, of course, is to lvl more quickly.

Linda: "be sure to get full crew, 1,000 real peeps and 1,000 hired captains."

I have 1000 crew and could add more if I wanted to. The game will let me add more real ppl, is what I mean. What is the difference between the real peeps and the fake hired captains?" I can't add any more real ppl after the first 1000 then?

The KING: "attack them (bosses) with 2 stam attack you get more drops overall than attacking 5 stam attack."

It seems like when I use the 1 or 5 stamina attack, I don't get as many drops, so I always go full throttle and use 20 stam. Is this a good strategy to use as far as getting more drops per stamina?

11. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Hyper what linda is basically saying

If you want more experience battle players near or above you for greater payouts. No stats do not matter in the game unless your just one of those players who wants low loss ratios it's not going to give you anything in return for having them. So it doesn't matter. It matters about being able to keep moving in the game at a good pace and hitting lower players with low exp yields when you have players who you could possibly beat give you the higher exp yields is the better end of the deal

Always keep all your items until your no longer using them then craft up. But becareful when your crafting. You do not want to use two of the same item category to just be able to make one item. So if you can craft a matey who is just a little bit better but it takes two mateys who have good stats already don't do it you will make yourself weaker if your still using them. Speaking from experience on this one.

And the 1000 hired captains is a good thing to do. You can keep adding players in the game yes. But they are not going to be added to your captain account since it stops at a 1000 actual friends for the limit. And sooner or later those 1000 hired captains will help you in the long run against other players who are already doing this or haven't done this.

And everyones drop ratio method is always going to be different on use of stamina and bosses and getting drop items. The best solution is do your own method. If it works for you doing 20 stamina then keep doing it. But it means you also run out of stamina quicker if new bosses get posted to do the min rewards on those.

12. hyperfixx

hyperfixx Member

Jon, good advice and tips. I will keep what you said in mind as I play. Thnx for your help.