what is a bully in a fighting game?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by The Protector, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Well we all can agree on those people. Trust me i have them also everyday of the week. But the difference is i laugh at them while i am sleeping at night. Or i am enjoying spending time with family and friends in doing something. Their whole life revolves around a game and trying to kill someone constantly in a click game. If they want to play 24/7 their choice to me that is sad and pathetic that your life only revolves around a game..

Micaylah likes this.
  2. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

Cross gaming is shit imo but it's there and everyone has to deal with it. No point in crying about something if the game mechanics allow it.

George Burd likes this.
  3. --Mz--

--Mz-- Member

Nope... tho i am concerned for my lower level peeps who get hit day after day by other people who are hundreds of levels above me so you can imagine how they feel...I am the highest level in my Armada and i am afraid of the relentless attacks will drive my smaller peeps out... 1 or 2 hits to someone should not get you attacked for days on end..
    I get that if I/you/they hit someone and you get retaliated on...yes that is part of the game and should be widely accepted.. but getting attacked by the same person as soon as you pop your head out of the water every day is a bit much for lower levels.. I am just trying to keep my lower levels in the game...is that to hard to comprehend ? I am sure you have a nice long list in your beacons of life ....

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Pfffft just deal with it everyone does

Crossgaming lol how about cross platforming , you should know george

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Well shucks. Last time i checked still a fighting game. And all of us have been pounded on by higher levels as you build. They don't want to lose then build their character not hard to do in the game. Kano gives you everything you need to accomplish becoming a stronger player. And as far as days on end for 1 or 2 hits. Yep still a fighting game. Don't get on someone's radar until you can fight back. And if your on their radar you can have yourself to thank for that or someone who is in your armada usually causing them to deal with the retaliation of another in a fighting game.

Orez likes this.
  6. If someone can explain how this scenario isn't bullying...

I was a member of a certain Armada & the Leader of another Armada took personal offense for being being attacked and/or beaten (don't know which) in Armada Wars by the Armada I was in at the time. They hit listed several times a day & also pistol whipped me to death at least once a day as well. To retaliate would be total suicide as the person is over 15,000 levels higher than I am. I have since left that Armada but this person has continued to pistol whip kill me on a daily basis despite my being told by others in the Leader's Armada if I left the targeted Armada I would no longer be considered an enemy & the attacks would cease. I have never once felt a need to retaliate in a direct confrontation nor have anyone do so on my behalf. Yet the killing continues. They also have other Captains bounty me so that they can kill me in that manner as well. It wouldn't be right in my opinion to ask someone else to fight for me so all I can do is let it continue unopposed.

If counter attacks could be applied to pistol whips as well as normal attacks there would be a balance to what is currently a loophole that is being exploited. This would allow pistol whips to still be used to try to provoke lower levels into an easy kill battle but also allow people, such as myself in this limited situation, to have a defense against it being used in an abusive fashion simply to try to apparently force people to stop playing the game.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

That is everyday dynamics in the game, I see it all the time, some people are control freaks and tell their members what to do and the sheeple then do what they are told, I don't think it is bullying but I think it is stupid, I would never tell people who or who not to attack , or else, and You are better off out of there, just ignore them, don't rant in WC, that always riles them up more they get off on negative attention, IMO I am clan with who I want in any group and not clan with those I don't like and I act accordingly, I list whip attack non clan, I also don't do alliances, but that is just me.

Micaylah likes this.
  8. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Thinking about certain people who constantly list pistol whips in WC and/or actually having counter attacks applied to pistol whips, I wonder how the game scenario would change, if at all. Might be an interesting experiment. :)

9. The irony of it all... it plays right into my strategy for all the games. I level slow & build equipment to a point where most people my level can't win fights/battles. They level so fast that they fail to have the best weapons, mateys, & ships of equal strength as I do.

This person is trying to anger me but instead is actually helping.

The idea of using counter attacks on whips just seems like a fair way to close the loophole. It might not stop them from doing it, but it might help slow down the frequency, and without upsetting the fight aspect of the games.