What exactly constitutes bullying?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Lance Mustang

Lance Mustang Member

bul·ly 1 (bl)
    n. pl. bul·lies
    1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
    2. A hired ruffian; a thug.
    3. A pimp.
    So you wouldn't call a level 2000 chaining the hell out of someone bullying? It is bullying, but it's also a game. If you don't wanna be bullied jus't don't play :D

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Nope...Ide say a level 2k chaining someone is called trying to get ahead in a game that rewards battles, slaps, hits and kills. Basically the whole idea of the game....lol. If that player is out of range of the level 2k then they obviously said screw the consequences and put themselves on their rival list, when that happens I feel the same way about them that they felt about the consequences prior to their act.

Totally agree that if someone feels like their being bullied in these games ...they shouldnt be playing these games

3. Lance Mustang

Lance Mustang Member

Not always true. In some cases it can be something as small as a world chat post, or just being in a faction. A level 300 who makes themself available or gets linked to a higher level doesnt always provoke the higher player. Someone such as myself was always asking to be chained lol, but there are some players out there who do get bullied. My personal opinion though; if you're getting bullied you can get over it or leave.

4. polishpimp

Whether they admit it or even realize it...there is always a reason. It maybe a WC post...it maybe they attacked/slapped a friend a single time for daily points...all legitimate reasons in a fighting game which rewards and promotes teamwork/Allies.

Nobody is totally innocent....EVER...lol

5. Lance Mustang

Lance Mustang Member

Of course there is always a reason for doing something or it wouldnt be done. Such as the person typed "hello" on world chat and some people were bored enough to chain them lol. Regardless, if people are innocent or not the definition of bullying still stands. Bullying in a game shouldn't be taken seriously though.

6. slave

slave Member

bul·ly 1 (bl)
    n. pl. bul·lies
    1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
    2. A hired ruffian; a thug.
    3. A polishpimp.

i read through all the posts and finally found an explanation
    it doesnt say slave under bully it says polish pimp...............

the real basic thing here is no one can whine about being picked on when they constantly find themselves on a so called "higher levels" rival list. they brought it onto themself, you cant take the pain? then dont try for the bounty, keep yourself off the radar.

i know i love attacking people i cant beat......
    come on, theres not a person in the game that loves attacking people they cant beat, we feed on the rotten meat of dying bodies.....
    thats the way it works, thats the way it worked in the past, that is the way it works now, and that is the way it will always work
    you only get xp for winning the fight, people will always take the easy fight wins, how can you not.

just kidding up above polish.....

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Tell that to those I randomly listed a few days back when attempting to prove a point in my bounty exp thread.

So what was the reason?

Someone said something so to attempt to prove a point to them I randomly list unsuspecting players?

8. polishpimp

LOL....its all good....Im still chuckling. Oddly enough....I've never really had the the "bully" rap, sure every now n then I get a whiner bellyaching but nothing that has ever stuck. Guess im just not trying hard enough....lol

In the end....its these rivalries that spur the games on, Kano knows this thats why most of their canned messages are designed to egg things on. A big lovefest in a battle game doesnt exactly spur people on to spend the bucks to kill one another....lol.

Their are 3 diff types of people that play these games, the ones that get it and actually like it and use it to motivate themselves to continued success, those that that couldnt care less about anything and those that like the game and are just get butt hurt because they realize they are not nearly as good at it as others so the whine and cry. The third option are the ones that r fun to watch....they are usually the worst offender s if ever the opportunity presents itself.

9. Holy crap.. Its unbelievable that one person can write so much crap in one tread Polish.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  10. polishpimp

Wow....way to bring something to the table there big guy. Im guessing your game is in the dumps so ya took a lil time away to come up here to the forums and be even more irrelevant? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  11. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

as a player who has come up the ranks the hard way i do attack players that are higher level than me just so i can determine what i need to do to become stronger. while coming up in levels i was and still am being attacked by higher levels but i am winning against some of them. so through hard and determined effort it has and is paying off for me. anyone that cries "bully" all they shpould do is stay quiet and build their character to win against the higher level

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

And still losing to players lower in level :D

13. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

so what you lose to players that you should be beating also :)

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yep...at least I don't omit that.

15. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i didnt omit it i was just letting those players complaining that they should strive to build so they can defeat the players they want to... and i dont rely on counters as you do just to get wins from players that beat me

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh she starting to lose a little bit again :)

Weird since I fell behind almost another 100 levels than before.

Anyways counters are effective.

Back on topic to this thread now...as a in game bully the ONLY way someone can be a in game bully is by dictating others how to play their game.Other than that there is NO in game bullying at all.

17. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

at your level you shouldnt need counters .........but back on topic they should strive to build to beat other players and forget aqbout the so called bully

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I'm allowed to counter ESPECIALLY when said player is higher in level :)

Yeah easier said than done building account up...counters are there for a reason.

Doubt they'll ever get removed entirely as achievements can always rise back up again.

And overattacks/listing is NOT a in game bully at all by any means.

19. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

nice that your admitting that your not as good as you think .. go keep slapping me you cant do more than that unless youspend gold ...lol and if you do that i will kill you first

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh I said easier said than done...never said impossible :)

I didn't get that high being clueless..

No worries my account is fairly fixed up on the app I like most...

Just needs some minor little tweaks and then back to crushin u all :p