[LCN] War Mode Participation Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by graveyardgabby, Jun 30, 2015.

?

Why don't you participate in war mode? Please select all answers that apply

1. I'm too weak or too low level

2. My syndicate doesn't want to participate in war mode and I don't want to leave my friends

3. I can't get into a good war mode syndicate

4. The rewards are too low or not distributed among enough participating syndicates

5. I don't like to die/I don't like to fight

6. I don't have enough time/It would detract from other activities I enjoy more

7. There's too much drama

8. There's too much cheating

9. It is dominated by a few powerful syndicates so, there is no point in joining

10. I quit war mode . . . please post a comment explaining why you quit

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

Note - Current war mode players, please refrain from voting for improved rewards (or at all) as this poll's intent is to determine why players don't participate. Skewing the results, if the devs were to act on this information, in the hope of improving the rewards that you currently receive (or whatever) would not necessarily improve participation which, I'm sure is something most of you would like to see happen.

The recent survey results regarding the lack of interest in war comes as no surprise considering how few people participate. I am curious as to why that is. I am not a war mode player and I know why I'm not interested in it but, I do have some friends that participate and consider it a very import activity for their enjoyment of the game. I'm sure many of the current war mode players are concerned that the results of the recent survey may cause the devs to consider eliminating or radically altering this activity. I would hope and prefer they chose to improve it both for the sake of those that do participate and so that other players might join and have another activity that will keep them active and enjoying this game. Adding new content can be a long and arduous task and there is no guarantee that something new will be better so, it only makes sense to ask the devs to improve on those activities that already exist especially if all that is needed is a minor tweak or two.

Unfortunately, I have only a limited insight as to why some players don't participate and only so many options are available for poll responses. If you don't see your reason for not participating in war mode in the poll options, please post a reply explaining why you prefer not to join.

Current war mode players, please, tell us what you really like about war mode. Who knows, you might inspire some other players to give it a try.

Players that have left war mode, please share your experience and the reason why you left war mode.

All players, please post any ideas you have that you think would increase war mode participation and enjoyment. Also, please post a more detailed explanation of why you voted the way you did if you feel the preset responses are too limited.

If you post replies to this thread, please state whether you have played, currently play, or have never played war mode.

2. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I quit war mode because it is NOT a war. It is just exchanging attacks and with the power heal, getting a fight kill is very difficult. A real war would allow points for ambushes, rig ignitions, and more attacks and punches. WAR is beating your opponent into submission. What would be nice is if there was SURRENDER option in war mode. You attack a player during the week and if it gets too much for them, they get to keep their points but the can individually surrender and no longer are a target or involved in WAR MODE until the new week /season. A war should be more of a war and not some slapping contest.

3. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Ive never been involved in WM so I cant comment on the current state of WM. I do think it would be interesting to have a Synd vs. Synd WM lasting 24 hours or so. That way smaller/weaker synds could match up against each other in a fairer fight and perhaps have some fun in WM.

4. Vic

Vic Active Member

i've never bothered with it. i get killed plenty each day as it is. i definitely don't want my enemies to gain even more of an advantage at my expense.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I'm in warmode and I die less thank a lot of people outside of warmode. If you're clever it's not difficult.

Gabby... I didn't vote so don't tell me off!

6. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

no thanks.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. graveyardgabby

LMAO bobby, you're too funny. I figure you'll find my other poll and tell me to stop being so gabby on the forums :p.

@ GOING TO CATCH DAVID, you mentioned a point that I was curious about and thought was probably the case. The limited attacks etc., it just seemed to me like oh boy, war mode I can attack someone and punch them a few times a day and then that's it. How is this war and how does it add to the fun of the game? Sure you get a reward if you win but, more fun? I can already do attacks like that what new does it bring to the game except a reward? Sure, a higher lvl can go after some lowers that they wouldn't normally (I think) but, why would that be a big thing. It just seems very limited and not very interesting. I like your surrender idea because, if players are scared to play as so many seem to think in chat, this would give them a low risk trial. Surrendering would have to cost some war points though because, if not, you could just surrender to the best players and stop them from making an impact.

@ RafeDavid I was wondering if the reason so many synds don't join is because they feel they are too weak. Early voting seems to be trending that way. I wonder what everyone thinks of putting synds into classes like in syndicate wars would help and then let A synds fight A synds, B synds fight Bs, etc. Give a reward to the top of each class?

8. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

no thanks, for all of the negative reasons mentioned above. and i have tried it myself, so i have an informed opinion.

9. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

I just think its dumb in general because synd with all the higher level players ruin it

10. graveyardgabby

Yeah we were just mentioning in chat that a very small synd is incredibly strong and doing well in wm. I really think breaking it into ranks/weight classes would change the dynamic

11. SwiftlyInnocent

I agree breaking into division like in SW and you can only fight in that division would help greatly

12. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be interesting if things were divided not by level but by days joined? LOL Some people have taken the two years playing to level but might be weaker for their level while others did nothing much and stayed very low level but have used the two years to build. Not fair necessarily for a newbie who has been leveling to run into a person who is the same level but had 2 years to build..... make it by time joined! Then players would be matched up by their age in the game and what they did with that time rather than the ones who flunked 9th grade 10 times to be the biggest freshman football player on the team. LOL

13. graveyardgabby

Well, giving it some thought, there is absolutely no way to divide wm into divisions at this point anyway. There's simply not enough players for that. Until a lot more people start playing it, trying to do that would be pointless and counter productive. Probably the best but, most controversial thing to do to increase participation would just be to place all syndicates in war mode for one cycle then see what happens from there. I'm sure there would be some converts and for those that don't, it's really nothing lost. It's very easy for me to, sit back and pick at it as I don't participate in war but, that's kind of the point behind this discussion. Maybe it would have been better if I made a poll asking people what would it take to get you to either try war mode or start playing it again. I know it seems extreme but, before the devs do something that will ruin it for the folks that love it as is, they should just put everyone to war mode once then ask for feed back if they are considering changing or eliminating it.

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I have never been interested in this. I get pounded so much every day that I play anyway, that I wouldn't stay alive long enough to get many points. The player base is too skewed now to make this feasible for me.

15. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

I think war mode is fun.... Gives the game a bit of structure and something to shoot for each week... But I do think the rewards should be higher!

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I do not do it in VC cause I do not care for the team thingy I like to dy own thing plus there are rules I do not like rules it limits and there are limits no thanks

17. SwiftlyInnocent

No one likes limits

18. SwiftlyInnocent

But think of it this way if the rewards were higher then maybe more people would play therefore higher competition

19. SwiftlyInnocent

Like stated earlier they need to divide the mode into brackets

20. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself... It would be nice if more syndicates were encouraged to play...