[VC] Guild Wars Open Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Nov 23, 2011.

1. It's less than half your level, right? That would be offset somewhat by the higher levels being able to get far more battle wins, though. If I'm missing something let me know. It's late and I'll admit I'm probably missing something. Thanks.

2. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

OK i agree with you Athestic that wars are not for everyone..but from your comments it's like you're saying that VC is only for bullies in levels 5000-8000 because only they have fun bountying and attacking everyone, i think that wars between guilds will have it's self destroying because only 2 - 3 guilds that everyone knows who they are will stay in..if things stays like this time will give me an answer..because this was done only for highly levelled players not for everyone..off course i can't take the heat, who will be so proud to be killed killed and killed? if things have to change and if guilds are in war, only same level players should do points, and if this have to be done than i dont only say 5 attacks but could be 100 or even more..because sometimes it's very annoying just watching the monitor in that i agree with you..but 5 attacks from 25 in a guild that have mostly level 4000- 8000 players that's something completly different.

3. some lower levels are taking the heat

some can take it while others cant

just cause a low level cant take the heat YET

they may still go far and turn the tables one day

for those low levels that can take the heat they will go far

for those low levels that can take the heat AND dish it back will go VERY far

@ Blood Eagle: while its a very rare chance of this

maybe all the rivals are injured or the higher levels used up all there attacks

its only 5 attacks if they werent directly attacked(and only the 5 count for points anyway)

and axe slaps are only worth 1 point(unless your lucky to land a kill)

even then though with that bounty rule higher levels are missing out on the points

just my 2 cents

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

If I somehow offended you...I apologize...it certainly wasnt my intent.

As far as guild wars goes...YES, if a lower level hits a higher level...they deserve to get smashed for 15 measly WP, Its exactly the same as it is in the rest of the game. This is "Guild wars"....its not a solo act, When a guild opts in...THE ENTIRE GUILD OPTS IN!

Sorry to hear some players left the game.....but if they left the game over something as simple as getting whooped on after they themselves attacked a higher level....well,,,,sounds to me like they wouldnt have been around long anyhow, seems to me a rational person would/could have just opted out or simply left the guild and joined another that wasnt participating.

Yes...Kano does want to add more features to entice more players....until this feature was released every other update was aimed more at the friendlier peace loving vikings....this particular update as Kano has now said countless times was aimed directly at the segment of players who wanted and liked this type of action. There are plenty of features to choose from, not all are for everybody....no one feature is going to please or work for everyone...so there must be a variety of features that allow each player a choice that better suits them

5. Maler

Maler Member

i think that about summes it up. however, i think there will be people who will still comment/dissaprove.

6. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Just to set the record straight...SN did not receive any advanced info on the guild wars...We did however go to LCN and TRAIN for the upcoming event...ummm pro active and preparation for the GW in advance ...!! As a leader it was my job to prepare my guild so they would know the ways of the land in the event and not get caught with our pants down..My only complaint about the guild wars is our alliances should not be showing up in our war tabs...other than that ,,...bring it !

7. very nice post

8. Eric

Eric Administrator

This is a beta feature and we're going to make changes to cover loopholes and balance the feature. At the same time this isn't a feature for everyone, I consider it an intermediate-advanced feature which everyone should understand before opting in. As well as a balanced feature this should be a challenge and easily attacking and bountying lower level players for example isn't much of a challenge, that's why there are limits in place. To rank high in Guild Wars you need to beat the best.

9. Eric

Eric Administrator

We're currently evaluating the level limits for War bounties, acquiring War points is meant to be challenging and bountying extreme low level players is not that. This is an open discussion so please continue to send your suggestions. We will keep everyone posted with any upcoming changes.

10. level 2000 seems like a fair range

by that level players SHOULD know the game

and also strategies

11. Eric

Eric Administrator

At the moment Guild alliances/enemies only serve to show your association with certain Guilds as tags throughout the game. There aren't any plans to put in attack blocks for allied Guilds but we can escalate this suggestion for review.

12. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks for the feedback, we're reviewing the suggestion about bounty actions only landing you on someone personal rival list. We are trying to keep the feature a challenge so we won't be introducing bounty caps as to encourage players of similar levels to war against eachother.

Correct enemies and allies are there to show your association with other Guilds any other integration into the game is planned for future updates which we are reviewing.

The mention about alt accounts, we encourage people to contact support to report these accounts as we investigate each one on a case by case basis.

13. Toker

Toker Member

I agree with this, And Lowering the loss of XP from WAR deaths. Hard for a low level in my guild to level if they are negative 15,000 xp in the hole from bounties.

14. Toker

Toker Member

And Maybe take Clan Members off the War rival list. Im not gonna delete every clan member just for points.

15. Eric

Eric Administrator

Updates coming up:

-war bounties will put you on your enemies personal rival list as well as Guild war rival list. This is necessary to prevent players skipping in and out of wars and Guilds bountying people without repercussion.

-war axe slaps and attacks will not add you to your enemies personal rival list but will add you to the Guild war rival list. This is intended to keep some of the attacks at a minimum for some mismatched players rather then having them added to a personal rival list for a days whooping outside of wars. Note if you do go over the limit of 5 attacks or 4 punches per day you will be added to your ememies personal rival list.

-war bounty points will be increased from 4 to 10. Hitlists do cost more and now with the level limits deserve a higher point reward.

-bountying for war points level restriction change, you can bounty another player for war points if you are less then 3x their level, or if you are greater then their level divided by 3. This will give a wider range then the previous multiplier of 2.

16. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

Hey Blood Eagle, which guilds are those mini guilds you mention?

I have some questions myself as to how players who are below level 300 can have a bounty in excess of more than 7T so quickly.

Hey devs, are bounty amounts figured differently during guild wars? I dont see any evidence of this, but it does seem strange to me how this is possible.

17. Not sure this applicable to GW or not.
    A longer personal rivals list would be good.
    I dont believe in attacking people who go for my bounty. Good luck to em I recon. Only problem is when I fly 3 or 4 times, it clears my rival list of my real enemies. Mainly the ones who slap me offline.
    Perhaps the option to clear bounty attacks from your rivals list.
    Perhaps I just shouldnt piss so many people off ...lol

18. could you guys explain why you are changing the rules just to cottle to jj and Polishes whims? Whats the deal on Wednesday i got warpoints for bountying the ultra high levels then Friday i cant, now i can again, would you guys make up your minds?

19. anglo payback

anglo payback New Member

im over level 3000.i dont like it, i dont want to be killing some level 1100 from some 2bit guild ive never heard of.i want to be killing dk vs ccc(and there lovers).the way its set up your just going to have 5 or 6.maybe you could have leagues.let the top ones fight it out.cause i see no sense in any player under level 1500 going anywhere near it.

20. Maler

Maler Member

leagues would be a nice idea, but how will you make them? for guilds or for players?
    there are guilds with players' levels ranging from 500 to 5000. in what league would you place that guild?