Update to the World Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 10, 2015.

1. WorldB

WorldB Member

As feared, the WB was dead before I logged on (9:30 AM my time). This is now exclusive for a small group whose day starts at just the right time and excluded for the rest of the world.

Cisco likes this.
  2. Cisco

Cisco Member

This is a bad idea, might as well get rid of the Guild/IC Leaderboards as they you can now get over 200 hits on WBs in a few hours.

3. Cisco

Cisco Member

It seems to really skew the whole drop system and exp from hitting them.

4. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

This will make world boss achievements easier. I am working on getting 30 attacks.

5. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

I have gotten twice that amount on a zs boss and it died,also I have done this on both servers and ended up killing the boss while waiting 15 mins between attacks. It just takes a very long time.

6. PrimeMoverX

PrimeMoverX New Member

Obviously, Kano Devs will look over the participation rates and outcomes data, and decide whether to keep this update as is or tweak it further. For my two cents, the change felt a little too heavily weighted toward endgame over consistent play. Maybe a compromise would be to restore the 20-stamina hits or split the difference and go with 10s for the early stages of battle, but change the attack timer from 4 hours to 2 hours, and rather than going to the extreme of an attack per minute on the last day, drop back to something like every 10 minutes. This would be a more moderate change that would still make early attacks relevant, but allow players to get in more hits along the way. It would also lessen the effect that time zones play in the outcome.

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I play daily and last boss only had ~32 attacks in, just making the mark for drop's.. The boss was dead VC FB on that day before even logged in, pass on 1 min attacks...

What happened to lowering the health, so won't occur over and over again?

8. Cisco

Cisco Member

On the last one I had 64 attacks and then the 1 min thing kicked in and several people shot past me to 240+. I was asleep. I think the one min rule really makes it back heavy and if you are not in the right time zone, you totally miss it. Every 10 min or even 5 would be better.

9. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

I think the change is a great idea. At least it will pretty much ensure that the world bosses will be killed. I find that it's impossible to make everyone happy regardless of what changes were made. Before, players were complaining that the world boss didn't die, now players are complaining even when the world boss will die.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

How about you just change the homepage back to what it was then you wouldn't have to make any world boss changes.

11. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

I still think a better update to the World Bosses would be UPDATED REWARD ITEMS that would make the World Bosses more relevant to higher level players. I can't use any of the rewards on 2 or 3 of them, even when upgraded to Legendary... and that takes a god awful long time to get as it is...

12. My feedback???
    I am totally agree with 1 minute attacks on world boss lol :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    That' s amazing xp!

Attached Files:

13. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Come on Kano when are you going to fix this WB mess!!
    As soon as last day starts boss is dead within 2 hours and only a select few are benefiting from it. People getting over 1000 hits on boss when the rest of the world get zero. They are getting huge bonus xp, the rest of us would like some too!!
    Why can't you have a staggered decrease in attack time. First 6 hours of last day 15 min, next 6 hours 10 min, next 6 hours 5 min, and final 6 hours 1 min. Going from 15 to 1 min is totally unfair for most people on the server.

14. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

that's just like anything else in the game. only a select few benefit from certain things, sometimes due to timing. now that we have raids, i don't really think it matters what other changes are made, everything is out of whack now.

Kirsten and Mark Spicer like this.
  15. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

I totally agree, the game balance is wrecked by the raids. And with everybody shooting up in level, the World Bosses will continue to lose relevance. There is just over 3200 involved with Calypso, and just over 2700 on the Ghost Fleet. There were 3300 on the last Kraken, 3400 on the last Sea Phantoms and under 3400 on the last Cthulhu. In every case, far fewer than are required to unlock the first power attack on any of them. So instead of letting the few who do hit the World Bosses struggle until the last day, and then allow an attack every minute, they could reduce the number required to unlock the power attacks, and leave the attacks at 15 minutes in the last day.

16. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

This new world boss 1 minutes is crap it is only beneficial to a small amount of people with others having no chance to hit this boss I like the 15 minute deal what they should have done and if by 12 hrs into the last day the boss attacks drop to 10 minutes and last 6 hours make it 5 minutes this would make it fair for everyone to be able to get in on this. As it is not just not fair really

17. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I was one who got to take advantage of the exp gained by hitting the world boss every minute, but it is not something I particularly want to do every minute. I think 5 minute intervals would be better, or even 10 minutes might work.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

So many people kept complaining that world bosses were not getting killed off, so Kano did something,some times somethings are not gonna please everyone.

19. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

True, you cant please everybody. If hitting the boss every minute is what is needed for it to die, I am all for it. I do however think they could have tried a little longer intervals first so more people might have a chance to hit it on the final day. Either way, I am glad this one died!

Kirsten likes this.
  20. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Yes, things are never going to be fair regardless of what changes are made. We should all be pleased if the world boss gets killed at all.

Kirsten likes this.