[LCN] Update Regarding the Referral and Rewards Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

Proven wrong, and offers no apology whatsoever, instead pretends she was right, and has a great source called google but pretends to be ITK. I am still waiting for your proof KillerK where you called my friend a scam account, you cannot throw around those allegations without at least some evidence or proof.

4 and half days and counting

2. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

You can't do to much with those links anyway, clicking on them you only see a : This account is no longer available text.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

When the godfather starts listing them, you will know, but that could take a few months, and if ya click on the link, it is not gonna do you any good.

Zoe Bell and No Nuts 4u like this.
  4. Dejaa

Dejaa New Member

This is too funny, after pointing out earlier that not only was I never offered the referral program nor did I have the godfathers absolution all of a sudden I now have the referral tab on my FB account

Kirsten likes this.
  5. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I am new to the forums but not so new to the game (LCN). I joined in 2008, played sporadically and left in 2010. Yes, I played MW but quit last year as it was rivaling school work and real work in time commitments. When Zynga announced it was closing MW, my MW family discussed what game to move to and they picked LCN. So I reopened my account, logged on and helped them come over. So far they are loving it. I love how little time it takes per day. Like most of you, I've seen other new accounts come in and level super quick, and have obscene amounts of high end items. Now I know how they got those items. I thought perhaps it was from the Starter Pack offers (which I did not get but my fellow MW family did). I was a low level when I left so I did not see any Godfather's Absolution. Today I see the Referral and Rewards program (see below). A little late for me! As I've already gotten most of the family members over. It looks rich to me. I can see where people might abuse it and invite over their minis. For me, I'd just like a crack at one of those starter packs!

Attached Files:

No Nuts 4u and Dejaa like this.
  6. Kirsten

You joined in 2008?? don't see how that would be fair, for you to have the same thing as the ones who came over after the announcement, which I believe is the criteria, but glad ya took time for your studies and job .

7. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Looks like my math is wrong. Joined 2339 days, 9 hours ago. So that would be 2010. Which is the last year I played.

I don't have the same as the new players. I didn't get the extra 50 FP for joining. I didn't get a starter pack offer. Nor did I get the referral option until this morning (and now everyone has it). I also didn't get extended protection. I came back at around level 100. So besides having played the game years ago (and it must have changed because it did not look familiar), I did not have any advantage. Nor am I asking for one. Just said I'd have like an opportunity to get a starter pack.

8. No Nuts 4u

No Nuts 4u Member

yeah we all
    yeah the big issue does lie with the super deal they was given basically 86% off and to get a full mob od hired guns also 15k fp and 600 le items for 1 grand and not 7 grand at normal price. would be nice we got this deal too as a game as a whole, the other deals are useless to us people in UK because very poor exchange rates and a fictitious charge by fb of vat when they arent british registered so we shouldnt be paying them any vat, because they dont give UK GOV this money they have sweetened deals.

Its a shame u didnt get this tab in time though u could of deservedly benefitted something from it, never got my absolution to work people came back i checked and nothing it just kept resetting even within a few days hope u get better luck from it lol. welcome to the forums btw its a mad house ;D

9. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

still waiting to see how the devs plan to equal this out. giving us the option of inviting 25 ex mafia players is nonsense, we don't know who they are! so what is the fix?

Zoe Bell and the Doomlord like this.
  10. Tony_G

Tony_G Member

What a useless piece of rubbish this referal program malarky is, I gave up playing MW and there was another spin off around 4years ago!! So this referal reward thing is for MW players that I supposedly know considering that most of my friends on FB are either Mob wars or current LCN players so it's of no use to me, I think it should be changed to invite other game playesr to come & play LCN

11. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

We can reference the names of accounts if Kano provides us with a list in order to check in our mob to see if they are in it which is what I want to do to remove the frozen accounts. Also, there is a limit on how many friends people can have on Facebook, for those who are close to the limit they can use the Mob Wars ID provided within their links to remove them if added to their Facebook friends

12. Kirsten

the limit on FB is 5 K

Zoe Bell likes this.
  13. Kirsten

New players usually get the starter pack, regardless of where they came from, I have seen it when I opened an account on Kong, it is something that was not available back in May of 2010, when I joined my first Kano game, but I don't think Kano owes me one .

JoDy likes this.
  14. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@No Nuts 4u, we do have Starter Pack deals available to new players but each one is only available once. There's definitely no way to get a full 1k Hired Mobsters, 15k FP or 600 items via this deal, stats like that would only show up via the exploit (leading to you being banned) or by spending a ton of FP at regular prices.

@Tony_G and @Mary Lou, re: the Referral program, there's no need for the players to be Ex-Mafia Wars people, that's just the copy that we put together for the program initially. We thought we'd roll it out to you guys ASAP rather than wait for new content to update it. We'll see if we can set it up to show older players different text or find another workaround but for now it'll work for any new player.

JoDy, No Nuts 4u, mi7ch and 1 other person like this.
  15. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

That reads like No Nuts 4u was banned

16. Dejaa

Dejaa New Member

It is nice to have an incentive to invite new players. Thank you

No Nuts 4u likes this.
  17. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Ha, sorry @foxysiren, not my intention — I meant players using the exploits were banned. I'd change it but that'd make your post look odd.

You're welcome, @Dejaa. MW was officially shut down today I believe so if you guys do know people from that game I'm sure they're looking for some new friends right about now.

18. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

Yes... some are at that limit- I'm ok atm but I know others that are at the limit and unable to add new friends because they are at the limit

19. No Nuts 4u

No Nuts 4u Member

that puts my mind at rest now if they only got it once ty Scoughman for the clarification i had been seeking which worried me the most, but having multiple windows open or refreshing source in window was there any cases of this. Also what incentives are you going to have for the longer serving players to stay on game and not feel like they want to end account and leave.

That puts my mind partly at rest now if they only got it once ty Scoughman for the clarification i had been seeking which worried me the most, but having multiple windows open or refreshing source in window was there any cases of this. Also what incentives are you going to have for the longer serving players to stay on game and not feel like they want to end account and leave, even if its a one time deal only too, its something. I'm always championing fairness and i help tons of new players, so what would help them more is some sort of guide on how to play in game because so much effort gets wasted because they didnt know, raids dying for example and low scores in synd wars which is where i have been stepping in to help many friends to improve. Maybe a guide for them would be helpful its quite frustrating for a good portion of the new ones moved over.

I really appreciate your clarification on that =)

the Doomlord likes this.
  20. JoDy

JoDy New Member

Being a new player I am glad that Kano finally worked this out to count for all members, I haven't used the referral add because I found it unfair. I don't feel a need to get special treatment. Might use it when all get the same option :)

Kirsten likes this.