[LCN] Update Regarding the Referral and Rewards Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Dawn Allington

Dawn Allington New Member

I wasn't going to comment but you should hear the real story about the new player Promo before you judge the players that used it .
    1- we were notified from Kano that there was a new in game promo that would give the new players that we got to sign up and ourselves rewards once the new player made X amount of gamer points per week
    2- Once the first week passed and rewards were able to be claimed , i noticed that each time the profile page refreshed, or a new tab opened the rewards were available again , at that time I sent a ticket to Kano .
    3- I looked everywhere for a full explanation of this Promo , one that showed limits it how it was actually supposed to work , NONE found .. NO response from Kano , and the promo was still active with unlimited rewards
    ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    The first reward for a new player completing the task was stamina, the next week it was energy , and the final reward for the 5th week of them playing was Favor points . And i didn't think it was fair , but since i told Kano and nothing was done , i thought that they were trying to make the game more level , so there would be 3 tiers of players , Low , mod and high , but i dont think they realized what would happen when free favor points came .. Now I can only speak for myself , but i was getting hit but higher level players along with other new players non stop , so i used the FP to get stronger so I could hit back .
    ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    then I got a message from Sol, basically apologizing for this "error" and that they would try to roll us back , that he remembers us having a conversation about this issue .. kinda . ( not sure what the kinda means ) . They were Unable to actually fix my account so they removed it and immediately offered to let me get another . I said No thank you .. after seeing how they are not completely honest and how they treat players and that they KEPT the real money that I spent on the game ..

I Don't blame people for being angry , but ask yourself this . If you had the Promo , and You let Kano know about the issue , and nothing was changed or communicated .. what would you have done ?

and i was part of the group Mw Addon that made scripts for Mafia Wars .. and there are NO scripts being made by us for any other games .

2. Dejaa

Dejaa New Member

Sad, I stared on the Facebook version about the same time as the folks moving over from Maffia. I came over from Kongergate at the request of a long time player. I was never offered the rewards, nor do i have the Godfather's Absolution, so everything I have earned I have done on my own or with cash. To see accounts that are my same age or younger, far surpass me in mob and weapons after I have spent hours at this game, I truly feel for the players that have played for years. Not sure I will last that long if this continues.

The Gab 03 and naughty but nic3 like this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

As far as the Godfather Absolution , we all have that, that is not just for new players. What it actually is is to try and bring back, FB players who have quit the game, if they come back and play , I think for a certain amount of time ya get a reward of some kind, I don't bother with it cause usually people who quit rarely come back anyway.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  4. Donsuz Ki

Donsuz Ki New Member

WTF we play everyday for levelling up and GF points. Buy I don't chat with any programs. But any players since 58 days have full (mobster,weapons)and can beat me. I can say you are the cheater No 1.Kano !

Seppo likes this.
  5. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

No Nuts 4u and Kirsten like this.
  6. Dejaa

Dejaa New Member

I do not have Godfather's Absolution. All I have on my profile page is down to the Fight Strength tab.

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Maybe ya have to be a certain level, and I believe it is only on FB but could be wrong. I don't remember much about it, but ya not missing anything, if ya just came to FB recently that may have something to do with it, since it is designed to contact FB players that have left the game. But I honestly don't know. The other referral reward thing might have been only for the mafia war players ?? don't know cause I never saw any info on it, as I am not an x mafia player. I believe what ever they got was for a limited time and coincided with the mafia players starting an account in LCN.

8. Nefarious

Nefarious New Member

I have played for years and now people with 57 days under their belt make me look like a fool- 70% weaker than your enemy LMAO. I used to Play Mafia wars years ago, why can't I get super powers Kano?

naughty but nic3 likes this.
  9. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

What can be done about the players who have lost access to their fb account and can't access the godfathers absolution? Can it be hooked in to the kanoplay server 1 platform or would you suggest us that have lost access to our fb get our game moved to a new fb account, have to rebuild mob and possibly end up with a buggy account that we can't access bosses on, etc...?

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  10. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

should say different theres alot more newbies that can be brought to the game compared to the ones that we are trying to get back which rarely works, Newbies i can see easily getting a few a week if i really tried

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Reg Hahn

Reg Hahn Member

12. Dejaa

Dejaa New Member

Guess my point in saying there are three types of accounts on Facebook LNC is that it totally creates an unfair playing field. Old Timers that have put in thousands of hours to the game, folks like me that recently started, and gamers that Kano is trying to attract from a closing game. And Mi7ch is saying that the godfather absolution is the old timers version of the new intensive. The intensive should have been given across the board, many of us new and old timers know folks that played Mafia Wars and could have 1 helped ask them to join, 2nd it would not have alienated the old timers and made them feel like the developers just really do not give a rats arse about existing players. What they created is a logistic nightmare, no one will ever trust that it has been cleaned up and fixed. There will always be that nagging question how does that player have way more GF weapons and mob. I can fully understand them wanting to capitalize on a game closing and get the player base, but they need to learn to take care of their long term customers and that is what we are is customers. If they do not do things unilaterally instead of one sided they will never be any better than the next hot fix game that only cares about start up players for the quick 1st months money and then get a new crop of players.

[SIKU] KillerK and Kirsten like this.
  13. [SIKU] KillerK

[SIKU] KillerK Active Member

Dawn,

Thank you for your honesty and hope you are able to speak to KANO about a new account to replace the one lost.

It would seem to me that they'd provide not only the account, but the CREDIT for the monies you expended if they admit the glitch or promotion that shut yours down (and others) was the reason you were removed.

The staff is very reasonable here and do answer our questions (if they can) in a quick manner unlike Zynga.

I hope you stay with us I know you were very dedicated to Mafia War..

KillerK

Easy to Remember,

The developer and creator of the game MOB which MOB LCN was second to (MOB was created and put into play first) sued Zynga. There are multiple links to this on the net.

https://www.johnheath.com/news/game...-copyright-infringement-lawsuit/#.V1WFvREgMck

I do not know the financial relationship between KANO and the developer but you hardly ever see BOTH in a law suit in fact many such lawsuits are SETTLED with a protection clause (public gag order).

Hope this helps!

KillerK

14. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Back in 2008 we opened up shop as a small, indie game studio here in Victoria, BC. Around the same time, a young, independent developer named Dave Maestri built the original Mob Wars game on Facebook. When that became a major success, a number of competitors built games such as Mafia Wars, and at one point there was a dispute between Dave Maestri and Zynga over similarities between the two games. That case was settled out of court in 2009, and as far as we know there haven’t been any followups since. We at Kano/Apps weren’t involved at all with that suit or either of the two games.

Directly from the Kano Support page. Posted by Mitch on 12 April 2016 09:27 AM.

Hope this helps!

[SIKU] KillerK and Killa Queen like this.
  15. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

most of us "old timers" came from another game and we built our mobs from scratch. we got nothing special, as it should be. truth is these mafia plays would have come here anyway, even without the extra goodies. but they got them, over and over again. you want to fix this? take away the stuff they got illegally and close down the ones using script.

Reg Hahn and [SIKU] KillerK like this.
  16. [SIKU] KillerK

Absolutely! As in most lawsuits out of court is the best. My other sources told me the amount settled was 7 to 9 million American dollars so it surely was a smack on the paws for Zynga!

Thanks so much for your awesome confirmation!

17. [SIKU] KillerK

Mary Lou,

They did shut Dawn's account. There were 10 accounts given a promotion that glitched.

They offered her a new account. I am glad she was kind enough to share that there are no scripts written for LCN for I am an old school player (by hand) and had played Mafia War like that for 8 years with great success.

18. foxysiren

Funny girl! You don't have to thank me, amusing how throughout this thread little by little you actually changed what you said in each post as people corrected you...I guess you're a case of BBB!

No Nuts 4u and [SIKU] KillerK like this.
  19. [SIKU] KillerK

Foxy,

Where I come from a lawsuit settled is won. If I did say KANO I meant the creator because generally a company that executes games have to obtain them from developers. Rarely do you see a developer market a game and go through the daily platform, cache, and other customer complaint obstacles that KANO does.

I appreciate your bringing the information forward. I do hope that today when our old game is reported to shut down the huge amount of players that played right till the end do not FLOOD the gates of MOB LCN. Those that did come forward early were prepared to lose the game and looking for a substitute type so to speak. LCN has some very interesting avenues that the old game did not have, but it is my hope the FLOODGATES do not cause technical and personal issues as it has thus far.

We loved having new players on our old game and as a veteran player I supported thousands. Every person playing a game comes with skills or innate talent. Strategy more then software creates really strong players.

I have since learned that there are several platforms to enter this game--that can cause major issues as veterans of LCN have mentioned, and I would not want to be KANO trying to keep all platforms level and equal. For example losing a FB account meant for Mafia War losing your account. We have watched many get cut off from Zynga with no explanation and it usually was due to a TOS violation.

On that note to the MANY VETERANS who are in my MOB here who message and have added to my FB account thank you for welcoming me (us), and hopefully KANO will create what the veterans here need and want very soon.

Peace, I'm out now...

20. foxysiren

No idea why you are preaching to me, i've been here probably the longest apart from the kano accounts.
    Dunno but it sounds like you nominated yourself spokesperson for Mafia players lol you go on and on and on. I'll be really honest I read the first line and the last line of what you just typed, that's how interested I am.