Upcoming Battle Arena Changes Effective Next Week

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 16, 2014.

1. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

did I miss what exactly are the scoring changes they will be making to the next battle arena?

2. ben

ben Active Member

atts and kills that one get ...

3. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

Hmmmmmm....... mixed emotions on that........ any chance some one can post a link to that topic?

4. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

check the mob wars and vc announcements. i don't think it's been rolled out to pc and zs, but it will be. i'll see if i can find those and post them here.

5. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

6. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

7. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

So I finally had an arena I could play. OMG it's worse than I thought trying to remember which one you attacked.

Could the lines be numbered, it'd change every refresh or better yet have the character they've chosen next to the name? Or at the very least make the gray/black change more obvious?

More stam was wasted than I care to think about and wowza talk about a roaring headache from looking so closely at the screen.

Seriously, it was not at ALL enjoyable to play this way.

I like the no names just fine but something HAS to be done about the viewability of the arena. It's simply a nightmare to play without any way to tell what you've done and where you were at.

Pretty pretty please Kano do something to make it easier to look at. It's truly dreadful to play looking at it as is.

PS. NO you can't see if you've already attacked you just have to remember or use the save.

Kehvyn and JADES like this.
  8. AlterEgoT

They still do. You just don't see them until the leaderboard shows.

9. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Completely agree. Nothing's worse than getting a headache because you have to get so close to the screen just to make out the barely noticeable changes and differences.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  10. AlterEgoT

Yes there is a link. killed by slayer, you can attack that way if you choose.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. I still don't understand the point on anonymising the names. All it does is make the people who have the ability to singlehandedly kill someone do it even easier, but you can't team up on targets properly anymore.

12. AlterEgoT

That is exactly the reason they implemented it. Folks were complaining that they were being ganged up on and targeted.

They also wanted to cut back on the Hey that one is a friend so I don't want to kill it.

so basically yes, they wanted you to have to do it on your own. and use faction wars for team attacks.

My understanding is it stemmed from complaints that folks were being targeted and the same couple of people kept winning.

Didn't really help much as far as I can tell. Folks are still upset they got killed. And the same ones remain at the top. They are good at the arena that is why they were there to begin with.

Kirsten and RainSunGone like this.
  13. ben

ben Active Member

i think we are always going to see people upset for one reason or the other ... people really need to work on there build for arena ...

AlterEgoT and Kirsten like this.
  14. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

My point further back in the thread was the changes they gave us took the excitement from the BA...and the revive that was added took the whole game to a different level..a level of lopsidedness .....i usually place in a decent place in the BA..with this revive i could only stay healed 40 seconds...till death was dealt ....i dont mind dying but when i cant even get a hit in because the viking hitting has 100 times my heath and my defense felt as though it was absent for this battle....many can buy the fp to revive instantly and many cant or dont..i didnt and i wont...i normally would spend fp on BA to get my hits (stam) ..now thats not even an option ...they are needed revive..so the question is revive or get more hits for the fp we have saved or buy....like i said earlier in this thread...this was my last one ...unless revive is removed and they bring back sudden death...!!!

RainSunGone likes this.
  15. ben

ben Active Member

when they added revive to ba it wasnt ba anymore ... i would call it more like slaughterhouse ...

Kirsten and LaScepter like this.
  16. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Should be called...journey to
    Ragnarök .....:rolleyes:

17. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

FB/ZS is in 3 days so im anxious to see what changes make it there...

AlterEgoT likes this.
  18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No further changes are planned for any of the Battle Arenas. If/when we do plan on changing something, we'll give you plenty of notice. :)

AlterEgoT and RainSunGone like this.
  19. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

thnx Mitch :)

20. AlterEgoT

Has there been any mention of tweeks in the aesthetics of the new BA? It truly is a major headache as currently laid out. Even a slight change in the color blocks would help.

Thank you.