Upcoming Battle Arena Changes Effective Next Week

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 16, 2014.

1. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

it will eliminate the turtles and thats a good thing ;) but all the big players are in chats, they will figure out who is who and still agree who is going to win... sorry but i just dont see it changing, and as far as i know its always decided when its down to 10-15 players, not at the beginning, at least on FB/ZS anyway...not trying to rain on any1's parade just being realistic ;) i have 1 BA win and 1 arena ach left to get...all i do anymore is try to top 50...

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Maybe not , I will never win it and I usually rank decent, if I can even play, but those turtle builds have to go, and that will make me happy ,One of our usual turtle build top 10 ranking actually played this time got kills and I was impressed, another did like 114 hits and ranked better than the ones who busted their humps and that player needs to play some other game and stop being the joke of everyone's comments, cause that player is not a fighter in any sense of the word. So when player like that get theirs , happy happy happy :rolleyes:

RainSunGone likes this.
  3. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

i agree 100% w/ you on that Kirsten :)

4. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I agree, when there are only 100-200 players left, many times when I refresh the fight list I just get the same players, now will be just rechecking and rechecking the same unknown players without knowing.

I newer was a team player in arena and rarely used the search function, maybe 1-2 times until now, but removing the nicknames, and showing the same generic name its a bad idea from my part.

With this changes I think the number of players until next year will be halved.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    AlterEgoT and killer karaman like this.
  5. Carpet Bagger

Carpet Bagger New Member

I think the changes are great so far, but that scoring system is definitely needed. Some of the higher players like to hide in D mode until the very end, and they get placed in the top ten, with some type of scoring system that wouldn't be possible. :)

6. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Scoring system sounds great! Too many ppl do their 100 hits and hide with high DEF, and make it into the top 10! :-/

killer karaman likes this.
  7. I don't think any of these changes are going to make it any more interesting to the few of us left on the MS server. If anything it will be driving a lot of the few remaining "original players" away from the arena. I think the arena should be left as is.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  8. Matt Gerrits

Matt Gerrits New Member

So, this might be hearsay from the chat-room, but I heard something about a buyback for Battle Arena. Is that an actual concept or just rumor?

9. T-Gar

T-Gar New Member

Finally you got it.. arena should never had that search function, nor should it be made as a team-working-thingy,, a battle arena should be a "game in the game" where you work by yourself and testing your skills, both in batteling and how you have built your character with skills.

RedTurtleGames likes this.
  10. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

I heard a rumor (or read somewhere maybe?) that in the future for FP you'd be able to resurrect if you die, and continue to play Battle Arena? I think this would be a bad update, and would take away from the spirit of Battle Arena...

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Any future changes we're planning on making will be up for discussion and feedback when we're ready to announce them. Stage two of the Battle Arena updates are still in development so things might change between now and then.

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

one question i have yet to see an answer to is will we still be able to see wins/losses and biggest attack? for lower to mid levels this wont mean squat but for the higher levels its pretty much how we can tell who is who no matter what name they pick and seeing it will throw anonymity out the window

13. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

I like the way it sounds! bravo Kano! I have to say very nice start! & even better? get rid of the wins & loses on stats, while it might be true higher lvl's have a better chance of winning arena, it just might not be the same ones tag teaming over n over & who knows just maybe a lower lvl might win! Only thing I see happening is when just a few remain & they figure out who is who lol :D

Kirsten likes this.
  14. ExtremeRules

ExtremeRules Member

I think major changes need to be made to BA Arena in LCN as it is completely pushed towards people that spend a lot of money and people that are in high levels that win, the time differences are hard as well as you have taken a strategic move away from members that use defense mode and instead classed it as inactivity but as i said it is used for strategy procedures if say you have work the next day or it starts at like 4am so now you do not get a reward for a good strategic move it blows to be far as that was the only move for somebody that does not buy the win.

15. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i agree with Kirsten. keeping the ability to team up on players down should be an improvement. it doesn't necessarily mean that the strongest players won't continue to rank well.

Gunny from PC likes this.
  16. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

So now we will all be fighting in "Blind Arena" instead of "Battle Arena" will be fighting like blinds without knowing how strong is the oponent in total chaos, no place for strategy and nothing , I dont like this

AlterEgoT likes this.
  17. Kirsten

That is how it was supposed to be, in the first place, no more gang style playing, every man or woman for themselves and may the best player win.

Gunny from PC likes this.
  18. Kirsten

Not even sure why it would affect"" strategy""

19. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It will affect the strategy of ganging up on everyone else and taking them out, then making everyone wait for the arena expire after 3 days to collect rewards. I must say, I won't be sorry to see that end.

Kirsten and Gunny from PC like this.
  20. Kirsten

Yes I have heard that being done, and that is just mean, on FB I get on my 3 to 4 friends who are left in an arena when they are just taking a break for a bit, to finish up already lol:rolleyes: