The Official Syndicate Wars Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

Any chances of getting the stamina refill when leveling to be a little higher? 150?

2. Jess

Jess Active Member

I don't know if someone already said it, cuz I'm too lazy to read through 7 pages of posts, but it'd be nice if we could get higher/better rewards for the SW.

3. blackie66

blackie66 New Member

Would be even nicer if we got a fair deal :)

4. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

I don't think a full refill of tokens would be balanced for just 3fp. However, I think it would encourage more people to use refills and to play in the SW if the refill amount was raised to 100 tokens. I've played in SW synds for a long time and currently (for those that don't pay to play) refills are rather counter productive due to the relative low rewards of high placing during SW. Example, your whole synd tries really hard and get 3rd, all investing on average 8 refills. With the 5fp reward and say 10levels gained during the wars, you're still losing 9fp for some bonus xp and cash. Of course asking for something for nothing would be unfair and to place well in SW needs to be some sort of investment but at the moment I'm put off by the large fp cost of SW's.

5. Vic

Vic Active Member

i agree. maybe a full refill is too much, but it should be more than 50 tokens.

6. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Since the first place prize is over 20 fp, its not very motivating to spend 3 fp on a 50 token refill. I think that the prize for first and second place should be a bit higher to encourage players to refill more! :D

7. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

Yeah but making the rewards bigger, just increases the gulf between the top syndicates and everyone else. If you want the game to stay fair, competitive and balanced, surely more tokens per refill is a better option than just increasing rewards? Increasing rewards means that the most powerful synds keep harvesting the rewards whilst 90% go without. Simply increasing the rewards will not encourage the lower strength players to try harder, as there is little or no practical opportunity to win. Good game improvements don't just tailor to the existing player base, they need to encourage new players to keep playing. Otherwise, there will come a day (some may argue that has already come on a couple of Kano's platforms) where the player base is so small that the community and the game become stagnant and dull. By introducing a new element to keep new players on we'll help keep the player base and the genuine competition alive! I guess what I'm getting at is, an increase in the tokens per refill would benefit the whole community, not just a select few. It would increase competition in game and should keep the community strong and the game fun :)

RedTurtleGames likes this.
  8. RedTurtleGames

You can see if its your syndicate by watching the fedd for "Killed"

9. RedTurtleGames

Good point Reesy... Perhaps a fillup being 300 SP would make more sense, and definitely motivate the fill ups a lot more! :D

10. Drawgth

Drawgth New Member

Well I would say all of You are right from certain point. I vote for rewards increasing, coz:
    - SW requires much, much more effort & mainly teamwork to get a good rank than BA
    - to reach the Top5 U HAVE to use the refills (unless U r Smeg)
    - the current rewards dont even give U even back the FP U have invested, even if U win, thats weird. U always loose FP, but shouldnt a competition have reversed logics?
    - lower lvls might not have enough stam to raisen the tokens per refill
    So in my opinion, the FP rewards shall be raised. However the purpose shall be to motivate & to create the possibility of GAIN, the principle of pay-to-win is... Means the weight system shall remain, not to make the gaps between strong/high & lower Synds even bigger, but the range shall be extended in both count of rewarded Synds & amount of FP. Something like F1 went from the 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 to 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1

11. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

to be honest with you, i don't think it matters how many refills you get on kong, you'll never be able to get into the top 5

Reesy901 and RedTurtleGames like this.
  12. RedTurtleGames

It has always bugged me that the refills are 3 FP, but the prize is only 20 FP max. So, if you need to do more than 6 refills then you are doing it more for the prestige than the actual prize. (Kind of a bummer to spend 48 FP to win 20 :-/ ) Perhaps it should be that if you win, you get back any FP you spent on refills! :)

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

LOL. Kano is a business we do not want them to go out of business

14. RedTurtleGames

True that, but a prize that costs more to get than its worth?

15. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

yep. and the bragging rights aren't worth it to me. i just get the xp that i can.

16. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

yes, i guess there aren't enough motivated players to take away the top spots from the regulars.

17. Has anyone mentioned the glitch about getting killed in the wars 2 times in 1 minute? Our syndicate just got killed twice in less than 1 minute by 2 different syndicates. Now how would that be possible? i have screen shots for this that i can provide. Just curious if anyone else has seen this or had this happen.

18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Nope. I've never even heard of this. I would definitely send a message to support so that they can take a look at it.

19. Drawgth

Drawgth New Member

Happens time to time You will get a double kill - inone time we get 3000WP & 2800WP rewards

20. RedTurtleGames

Yeah, I've definitely seen that... When everyone is going for the same Synd at the same time, and 2 people get it...