[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News Sept 21 - 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 25, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans September 14 - September 20

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 3
    KP2: 8
    Kong/Armor: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Changes to the Invite Flow

Our old invite process was a very outdated one based on some old Facebook requirements. To update this system and reduce friction, we’ve rolled out a new process for invites.

The old process was three steps: you get an invite, send an invite back to the requesting player, that player accepts your invite and you are now friends. In the new system, a player sends you an invite and you either accept or decline, ending the transaction. Here are some handy screenshots to show you what this process looks like:

Pending invite:
    [​IMG]

Invite previously declined
    [​IMG]

Invite previously accepted
    [​IMG]

Loyalty Points Survey!

A new set of Loyalty items is due to drop very soon! Help us out by taking this short feedback survey!

Fall Item Creation Contest Winners Will Be Announced Next Week!

I know you’re all eagerly awaiting word of who won the Fall Item Creation Contest and we’ll let you know next week when we announce the winners and release the items in one fell swoop! Keep your eyes on the in-game news feed for the reveal!

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Weekend!

We've got some fresh blood here in Support! Some of you may already have spoken to Tatum S, or @AdmiralPenguin here on the Forums. She's a lovely person and picking things up very quickly, so you'll be in good hands. :)

She'll be helping to take over tickets from @Velksy , who was helping us out over the summer and has now resumed his university studies, and @SamC who is going to be focusing more on marketing and development.

Cheers,

Aardvark
    who now keeps a Nerf pistol by her desk in case @mi7ch's puns get out of hand

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What's the difference between a hippo and a Zippo?
    One's really heavy and the other one's a little lighter.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

I have a general issue about replacing players who accounts have been banned it is impossible as their accounts aren't active so when the so called gods list them I can't hit them would like very much to clean my account purge those accounts leave my account open to new players dah dee dahd dah etc.o_O

3. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Yes you can, here is how: Go on chieftains page, click inner circle, type the Viking that you want or find from list and on the far right you have a small box with an x on it click it and you be asked if you want to pay a small amount of coin, click yes and will be gone ;)

Zoonie and Kirsten like this.
  4. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

So your question was, how do I (de/un)clan someone? :)

WOADLORD's reply is correct but did you know that your invited clan does not stop at the 1000 limit? You can in fact have up to 5000 invited clan but only 1000 of them take part in battles.

The Gods hit listing banned clan of yours shouldn't really be that much of a problem unless you were clanned with a lot of dodgy players :) As a rule the Gods list dormant players and you are much more likely to see active clan listed. But, if you really want to clear out inactive clan here's how:

• Go to the Inner Circle tab of Chieftains as stated by WOADLORD
    • At the top of the Chieftains list you will see 2 tabs. Select the Activity tab.
    • With your chieftains now listed in activity order go to the bottom of the list.
    • The last page of your chieftains will be to the left of the Next button
    • Click on the last page to get to the end of your list
    • You can now start Xing/deleting from the bottom upwards.

You can also use a version of this to see how many active clan you have. My cut-off for active players is a roughly a week (Mon-Mon, Fri-Fri etc.). Skip pages until you reach your cut-off date (today is 2nd Oct. so I need to look out for 25th Sept. For me the last entry for the 25th falls on page 30 so at 20 Vikings per page I know that around 600 of my clan are active players.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Aardvark likes this.