[VC] TGIF! Development News for Viking Clan December 8 - 12

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 13, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans November 29 - December 05

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 0
    KPs2: 0
    Kong/Armor: 0

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

Battle Arena - The Road Ahead

Hey all,

Wednesday evening, I had a lengthy meeting with the developers where we discussed the recent changes to the Battle Arena and the next steps for that feature.

To say that our recent attempts to shake up the formula have been contentious would be putting it lightly. The original changes were made with the intention of improving this feature and the subsequent alterations were meant to hopefully address the problems posed by the first round to “find the fun”.

Unfortunately this did not happen so we are going to be moving ahead with further changes to the Battle Arena. While we will not be going back to the original formula at this time, we have made a serious attempt to turn the Arena into something resembling its old form while retaining the changes that people were happy with.

The next Battle Arena is still two weeks out and everything below is subject to change based on your feedback. Please give this a read and let us know how you feel. Also, it is helpful to know what you have liked during past Arenas; things you have experienced for yourself that were fun and enjoyable and you would like us to focus on retaining.

• The Battle Arena is now a 24-hour event
    The Battle Arena was originally designed to last a full three days, however in the recent past it had been lasting a day or less (depending on your network). Players have told us that they like the excitement and skill of a focused event, so we’re going to try running a quicker Arena.

Because the Battle Arena will run for a shorter period of time, rewards at the end of the event will have to be reexamined to be appropriate for the new length. However, we can also now look at running the Battle Arena more often and on a more reliable schedule.

• Battle Arena is now focused on Sudden Death
    The last 16 hours of the Battle Arena will be Sudden Death, where once players are out, they are out for good. The first eight hours of the Battle Arena will allow players to return if they are knocked out. We know reviving is an unpopular feature, however we are keeping this in mainly for the benefit of players in different time zones who might have trouble being on for the start of an Arena and this gives them a chance to participate if they are knocked out before they can get to their computer. We are removing the option to pay FP to return, and at the beginning of Sudden Death all competitors who are knocked out will resurrect. Players will not be revived during the first eight hours of the Arena if they do not choose to do so themselves.

• Score will remain
    Based on feedback, Score seemed to be a reasonably well-received adjustment to the old Arena to help alleviate some of the problems with enforcing attack limits to be considered active. Score can be earned during both the opening part of the Arena and Sudden Death and you will still lose 5% of your score if you die in the first eight hours.

• Kill Rewards are returning
    During the Sudden Death portion of the Arena, you will again receive Kill Rewards to Health for shuffling another competitor off their mortal coil.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

Winter Wonderland Weekend Calendar!

The Winter Wonderland challenge has begun! Start unlocking those doors before the snow gets any deeper.

[​IMG]

Recently Implemented Community Ideas

A couple of community suggested ideas went out to the games over the past couple of weeks. These are smaller ideas, but it’s still important to give credit where credit is due!

Check Current Hitlist/Bounty Cost - suggested by JADES. Allows you to check your current Hitlist/Bounty cost on your profile page under Base Bounty/Hitlist.

Increase Clan/Familia Open Spots - suggested by Jess. Allows players in Viking Clan, Pirate Clan and Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra to add two more members to their Clan/Familia for a total of 20.

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday!

Busy times here at Kano HQ! A lots of feedback reviewing, meetings, and testing has been happening and people have really been focusing on the whole "Games as a Service" philosophy.

We do our best to foster positive relationships with the people who contact us, and for the most part I think we do a pretty good job at being friendly and professional and helping players out. However we do see the occasional comment that someone was bothered by the tone of a message or felt that a Support person was being short with them.

Comments like these are usually a surprise - we try to choose our language carefully so we can be as respectful of our player as possible. While I am pretty sure nobody at Kano intends to be abrupt or offensive with their messages, mistakes are always possible. Apologies to anyone who has felt upset or annoyed by our choice of words! We will work on being more careful in the future.

Peace,

Aardvark
    who likes using emoticons, because she'd rather risk looking like a dork than someone thinking she was trying to be a jerk.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
    Because if it had four doors it would be chicken sedan.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

George Burd likes this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As a small aside, we updated our icons for the game for the Holiday season and I feel like they're too good not to share:

[​IMG]

3. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Go back to old arena

Darth Vader likes this.
  4. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

WOW.... 0 bans in FB....is that a first ??

5. jacciiscottpowers

jacciiscottpowers New Member

Honestly i would like to see the Famila/Clan get upgraded to 24 that way for players in a full guild they can add all there guild members and not leave any left out

George Burd likes this.
  6. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

WOW -0- all the way around! LOL That has to be a first! LOL

7. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

mi7ch,
    Is there ever going to be a Best Attack and Best Defense Loadout Sets any more like there use to be???

8. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes, I would like to see full sets of attack or defense again... now I look at the new limited items, there is only one with high attack or defense that might interest me, after I start to think that how strange I will look with a rainbow colored loadout and end up buying nothing. :p
    I would like to see FULL SETS of attack or defense limited quantity's back.

9. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

I hope not.. it would demonstrate to me how little the game will evolve overall

10. haggis

haggis Member

how often is respawn for the new(est) version? 30min? 4 hours?

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

30 minutes.

12. haggis

haggis Member

thx :D and is score loss still the same at 5%?

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Correct! :)

14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

There is a new limited quantity:
    Windsinger
    [​IMG]
    Only 1196 left!
    30 Favor Pts.

Why should anyone buy it if there is something a lot better for the same price?
    Spear Raider
    [​IMG]
    Only 132 left!
    30 Favor Pts.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Smack responded to the other post about that, but that item was put up by mistake.

If you're one of the 9 people who purchased it, please contact Support if you would like that transaction reversed! :)