TGIF! Development News for July 27, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 28, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

We’ve got a bit of a longer TGIF update for you today, so without further ado, let’s jump into it (apologies to fans of much ado):

New Crates Are Now Available!

New Crates are now available! Pick one up for a chance at a Legendary item! As a reminder, the top tier 3-pack of Crates contain one guaranteed Legendary drop.

A quick note on these Crates, we have updated the Favor Point cost for the top two tiers of Crates. This is a small adjustment to bring the FP cost more in line compared to the discount offered for Direct Pay.

We were alerted to this discrepancy earlier this month, but decided to hold off on updating it until the next rollout of Crates. Apologies for any confusion, please let us know if you have any questions either here or in Support.

We've also added new Loot items to the potential pool, so make sure to do your Daily Goals to earn your Cases/Chests!

Zombie Slayer Raid Achievements and Raid pass

Zombie Slayer players, the Aces High Zombie is terrorizing the skies above in his broken down fighter craft this week! As with our other games this past month, we have added new Raid Achievements to collect along with the Raid Pass. For more information on this, check this thread here.

New Mob Wars: LCN Co-op Boss

[​IMG]

The brutal enforcer for the Mexican cartels, the dreaded Sicario, is now available for the Mexico City Location! Make sure to team up with your Mob to take down this skilled hitman. Crafting will be available next week.

New Viking Clan Location

[​IMG]

Deep beneath the bowels of Midgard there is a labyrinthine necropolis, said to contain untold riches. None have made it out alive before, but you have traveled all over the Nine Realms and bested both god and beast. This should be no challenge for a warrior of your mettle...right?

The new Location, Midgard Sepulcher, is now available for Vikings Level 19,775 and above! Co-op Boss and Minigame next week, with Crafting following the week after.

Zombie Slayer Fight Actions Update

Yesterday we release a quick update to Zombie Slayer to shake up Fighting a bit as well as adjust Squad unlock thresholds. Here’s the list of changes in case you missed it:

• Increase max daily attacks against another player from 40 to 100
    • Raise XP limiter from 20 attacks to 80
    • Change Squad/Hired max unlock cap to Level 90 from 130/3,000 respectively
    These are just steps in a series of changes we’re planning if these are well received. If you have any thoughts, let us know in this thread here.

Mobile Settings Update (Personal Medic is now available!)

As mentioned last week, Personal Medic is now available on the mobile apps! Head over to the Fight section in the Settings menu to toggle it (if you have it on already on the desktop, it should be on by default).

Future Fight Updates for All Games

A bit of an informal section here for you all today. Earlier this week we here in Kano HQ were kicking around some ideas about how to give the games more options for player versus player combat.

Our current thought is some sort of “sparring” fight list. Right now, you can’t attack anyone who you are allied with. The sparring list would allow you to fight an ally just like you would fight someone on the regular list, but you wouldn’t need to unfriend them. The regular fight list will retain this restriction, this is would just be another avenue for players to engage in combat and test their accounts against their contemporaries.

There would be some other considerations, but that is what we are leaning towards right now. Yes, you can fight your friends by removing your alliance and then re-adding them currently, but this is rather clunky. Tell us your thoughts about this and if this sounds like a good change to you, or if you, what you’d like to see us look at around this.

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

A man walks into a bar holding a piece of asphalt.

He says: “A beer please, and one for the road!”

2. Ro-Schi

Ro-Schi New Member

I more wish you take care of the timezone issue of battle arena as this sucks for all european and asia/australia players

3. johno

johno New Member

fight updates be a good idea, look forward to that

4. A N T O N I A

A N T O N I A New Member

THAT FIGHT IDEA IS HORRIBLE .!!!!! ..best to open range and fight enemies i do not want to fight my friends :( KANO WHATS WRONG with you .. OPEN range a bit more !!!

5. johno

johno New Member

it hasnt even started and youre calling it horrible give things a chance, can be a good thing to work out A AN D for ech other
    the thing that is really horrible is the limits on Raids they require changing
    to many low levels get in and just sit

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

If this is done, I'd strongly suggest having some sort of "opt out button" for those than want no part in this. Currently if you want to fight a ally all have to do is send message and un-clan for the period of the fight. This would also clutter fightlist with friends that you have no quarrel with. Although this would be good for collecting friends bounties, but that's a whole different subject. Would this include slapping clan again?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  7. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

no open range, you fight your own closed range, if you want fight open range, then everyone want the same strength as your strength. end of rant

Old Salt and Edwoid like this.
  8. johno

johno New Member

the way it reads you would still fight your own level, not an open slather

9. SWIFTV

SWIFTV New Member

Wow really we want the fight list spread opened a bit more so we can attack more ENEMIES not our friends. What a horrible idea that is. If I wanted to fight them I would NOT be mobbed with them ffs. We want as you grow in level for the level spread to grow with you, this way smaller players are still protected. Also new price for crates is just greed. You are going to greed yourselves out of business just like Mafia wars did. Raids cost more last time. Seems to me the game has just turned into a cash grab.

10. Jeff Gumbert

Jeff Gumbert New Member

If this sparring list has an opt in/ opt out feature, I will support it.

GoddessFreyja likes this.
  11. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

“sparring” fight list? Lame.

Give us the ability to kick campers or perishers from raids.

12. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

A quick note on these Crates, we have updated the Favor Point cost for the top two tiers of Crates. This is a small adjustment to bring the FP cost more in line compared to the discount offered for Direct Pay...................ah, Just want to say I do not think an extra 20 favor points for 3 crates is a small adjustment. I only recently started buying crates after all my years playing. I have always been leery about doing so. It did finally get to the point around 4 months ago that I decided to give it a try. I was happy to get 2 legendary drops for 78 pts as I figured that would serve me well for quite some time in keeping up with the Joneses. I noticed today it now costs 20 favor points more, and even tho I tried twice on Facebook where I have plenty of favor points saved, and once on server 2, each time I only got 1 legendary item which was only slightly better that the ones I had gotten in the past few attempts. I will not participate in buying crates any longer with the inflated cost.
    Also wanted to say that I do not think the attacking/sparing with an allied person is a good idea. That brings us back to the old days where everyone spent hours trying to level up by attacking each other back and forth. I thought that was frowned upon in the past. Plus I can see it disrupting many longtime clans when one players decides they can beat the crap out of a person for great exp and refuse to ever clan with them again.

13. Edwoid

Edwoid New Member

No way on the wider range suggestion. Of course certain individuals who are maxed out want to beat on more lowers. But the rest of us want to keep it so that the mix is even, you win some and you lose some.

14. The Fatalist

The Fatalist New Member

I never posted here before but there you go. All in for your fighting idea, but let's keep it very simple for the players & for KANO lol...YOU COULD ONLY ATTACK PEOPLE OF YOUR OWN SYN WITHOUT DEMOBBING (and maybe alliance if you insist)...think about it, that would be awesome and so easy to change. You're welcome :)

15. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

I am all for a bit of fun :) Nothing wrong with being able to attack your friends, you can always ask them first if they agree to it :) Open range is out of the question.

Edwoid likes this.
  16. C.A.S.H.

C.A.S.H. Member

If you want to open fighting, I would support being able to hit anyone, mobbed or not, on the hitlist. As for the fightlist, or "sparring list", admittedly sometimes the only way to get someone from camping on you is to mob them. Would this "sparing" list add to total wins and losses? How about more of a improved fightlist refresh function. Im a ~5000 lv player and your telling me the same 12 and only 12 people are ever in my range on the fight list? Where are these 1million+ players? Show me every player in my range who's alive or at least extend the basic fightlist to show at least 50 or more targets at a time.
    I imagine this fight adjust does stem from high levels not having any targets. Looking at the leader board, lvls 12000 - 10000 and defintely under have a good bit of competition depending on how many like levels they have mobbed, but still some targets should be available. It is slim for those above that, but what are you gonna do, change game dynamics to help 14 highest level players keep climbing? Then again, I do imagine much like the economy, the top 14 or so people might be responsible for a vast majority of this games income... so you gotta keep you paying public happy.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This is already a option, click "out of range button" unless you want range open more to beat on lowers :/

18. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

105 DJ`s or FP`s? That is more like a highway robbery than anything else....

Instead of fighting friends, why not make the change on the hitlist so you can catch them there instead? If you want to test your account the current option to unfriend, fight and then re-add works just fine....

Angel withFangs and FancyPants like this.
  19. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

Ever hear,"If it aint broke, don´t fix it?"

GoddessFreyja and Kirsten like this.
  20. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

will this personal medic come to mobile web side also? or just apps like it is now ty for that :) but its healing automatically thou in mobileweb even u dont have option to change it atm