TGIF! Development News December 22nd 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays, all! No matter what you celebrate I hope you all have a safe and happy season. (This is Mitch again, animating Scoughman like a freakish marionette.)

Not a lot of news this week, but there are a few notes to cover so let’s get to it before we scarper off for the long weekend.

Holiday Raids
    Zombie Slayer just finished up their crack at the Holiday Raids, assisting Commander Claus and blew past their assigned goals for the event. As a result they unlocked a grand total of 16 Holiday Raid chests which of course contain a chance to get some sweet, one-off Holiday themed loot. This is of course on top of all the XP, Cash and Raid Drops they got from the Bosses themselves.

Mob Wars: LCN is going through their Holiday event right now (walkthrough here). Viking Clan, you’re up next week!

Boxing Week Sale
    While Boxing Week is more of a English tradition (and by extension Canadian), we notice that it has been creeping into the world-wide vernacular much like Black Friday is becoming more of a thing up here.

Next week we’re going to be offering some great new bundles featuring both FP and items, on top of the regular stuff (Hired Guns and refills, especially useful for killing off those last few Holiday Raids!) Make sure to check out the sale next week if you’re so inclined towards great deals!

Facebook Contest Winners
    Every week on Wednesday we hold a new Facebook contest, and every week there are new winners! This week’s lucky few one a Limited Time item set in their respective games. Congratulations are in order for:

Skylar Priscilla Inez Sommerfeldt
    Alberto Bazzica
    Vera Monka
    Jim Neal

Miguel Peixoto
    Abbie Lynn Grubb
    Monte Heath
    Ralph HdComan

Sharon Russell
    Michael Inn
    Andrea Jonathan Fasiello
    Elizabeth M Taylor

Sara Phillips
    Bran Boier
    Angela Brackett
    Jason bar

Frozen User Log

Holiday Support and Community Update
    Just a reminder that Monday and Tuesday are Holidays up here in Canada so the Support and LiveOps departments will be off on those days. We’ll be back in the office on Wednesday full of tasty Holiday fare and ready to work so ticket and forum responses will resume then.

Lame Joke of the Week
    How does lumber access the Internet?
    It “logs” on!

2. shane7

shane7 New Member

its not happy holidays its MERRY CHRISTMASS and or CHRISTMASS HOLIDAYS

Navy Chief!, Daryl G and Jimmyjamzit like this.
  3. Which ever holiday or festive season just wanna say hope all kano staff have a lovely one, bless you all thanks for the updates xx

OLAF and Vulpine like this.
  4. depends on which religion you are, by the way christmas doesn't have to ss lmao but merry christmas to you too ;) x

Kirsten, Vulpine and Jimmyjamzit like this.
  5. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

and the calendar pic is suppose to be happy? doesnt look like, kano is sick

6. ok past my bed time but are you serious? this is a fighting game get over the pics they are just animations of the game, maybe just maybe the thugs and fighters are real softies at the end of day, even harden criminals has soft heath think that, it's just based game lmao

Carl Stahls likes this.
  7. Good night everyone xx

8. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm all that enthused about the holiday raids. Why would a high level really want to invest in these raids when it doesn't much benefit them? It's a nice thought but EVERYONE gets the same randomized stuff. The drops from the holiday cases aren't strong enough for most of us that have been around to use.

I mean let's break it down this way. You giving the drops to everyone. And I mean everyone. So basically it works out in reality like this for higher levels.

We use UN to help on these bosses since with stamina costing 2 sp and so little to do and capping the refill on level at 1000 we can't really stock up stamina without in essence wasting everything above that level refill cap every time we level. Or we use every resource on these things and sit there at 1/4 of a level and have to wait a full day to be able to do gp and eek out a few more attacks. However, small accounts can level out of the world on these things. GAINING UN each level to use for strength purposes.

Most of us at this point have spent un (whether saved or purchased) to buy items to fill our inventory. And now you are handing out items that allow new folks a chance to have strong items to fill their inventories right away.

So it breaks down like this to us (or how it feels) We have to pay un to level, we pay un to give new folks spiffy items, we spent un to get items.

I mean, I get it. We are your bankroll. But dang Must it be rubbed in our faces?

I knew the items wouldn't help us much. I mean we are all hoping for the 500 energy at this point. And you know what 500 energy gets me? 2 clicks. TWO. That's roughly 9k in experience. Do you really think that puts a dent in the 3,029,760 xp we need to level?

If it is decided doing something like this would be fun in the future PLEASE keep this in mind.

At least require some actions on the things or something.

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

there still are required actions, that hasn't changed :)

10. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

not exciting about holiday raid, the loot are same craps as always.... why take away 10 skill points from first raid ?

11. Kirsten

because it is a holiday raid that will not be repeated, stop whining, if ya don't like raids, don't do them if it is such a disappointment, lol

12. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

Happy Holidays to all!
    Any chance a new boss for Mob Wars LCN coming soon?

13. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Not for the cases at the end there wasn't. Folks that didn't touch a raid got the same ones those that put massive actions in did.

14. Kirsten

aaahh OK, gotcha, but it is also a global, meaning across all platforms,

15. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

regardless holiday, kano do not take away skill points from raid..... you are one who whine to my comment, Xmas to you say cheese :p

16. ed rigsby

ed rigsby New Member

I have a suggestion. Why not give the player who post a raid boss, to have the ability to remove a player from their raid when the assisting player clicks on the raid one time, sits there and fails to assist. On numerous raids I have had 5-10 players assist on the raid and do not the minimum damage.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Post #8 here> http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/had-enough-with-raid-boss-killers.26465/#post-183361

But the ability for Raid owners to remove people is not going to be something we're going to look at implementing because it is such a technical and gameplay nightmare. While the concept is simple, the implementation of such a feature makes it impractical. Every player that joins a Raid becomes a part of that specific Raid's calculations and there's no clean way to remove them and their contributions, even if that contribution was not particularly helpful.

Kirsten and neill1990 like this.
  18. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

how about blacklist for the raid lol, not sure if it is techmical feasible

19. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

regarding loot case, could use staminas loot .... we have energys loot and i have no seen staminas loot yet

neill1990 likes this.
  20. ed rigsby

ed rigsby New Member

How about adding a message in the SEND MESSAGE , saying, "You joined my Raid Boss, please do minimum damage instead of a few hits.