Temporary down-time

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

We are currently experiencing some unexpected downtime as of 10:50am PDT because of server issues with Amazon Web Services. We are working as fast as humanly possible to deal with the issues and have the games up and running again.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and will update when the issue is resolves. Thanks for the understanding everyone, this sucks.

2. sTINKer

sTINKer Member

Thanks for the quick update ;)

3. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

hope they extend the calender, had 2 tiles left :(

4. sTINKer

sTINKer Member

had one left in fb :(

5. Wonder Bread

We realize that a lot of players are concerned about being unable to finish their calendars because of the down-time, so we're going to extend the calendar time by two hours once the games are back up and running. This should mitigate the time lost because of the server issues.
    The new deadline will be 2pm, PDT. Sorry again for the inconvenience, and we really appreciate you all being awesome about this.

6. Well I did finish my calendar just before the server went down. But I most say the fair solution for players who didn't finish would be to give them the free keys they would have been able to get in the remaining time. You cant expect players to get up in the middle of the night to finish the last 2 or 3 keys when the mistake is kanos.

7. Sorry dude, I don't mean to fuel the fire but 2 hours really?
    I mean the Games have been down for 3 hours now. Just award everyone the clear bonus and be done with it. Not that the calendar time matters much to me, I cleared my third one last night and even if the game was up and running its not like there would much for me to do considering the fact that there is no fightlist to play with these days *kicks rock*

Good luck with the server and kill'em all... oh wait they're all already dead :/

8. ya the game has been down longer, but the calendar would have been finish long time ago too.. There was less than one and a half hours left by the breakdown.

9. Yeah you're right...
    I'm really surprised that this thread isn't blowing up with ppl complaining though.
    Does that mean that they can't find their way here without the in-game link or does it mean that they just don't care so much anymore :O

LOL... I'm just mess'n wit'cha.
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade ;)

10. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Ok it's now 4:30 PDT I believe. Do we have an ETA or at least a hey folks this is what is going on update?

Just want to know if I should hang around or go clean. Would much prefer to hear any minute now is the eta so I can hang around (Xd)

11. I was just able to get on PC for long enough to click a key and burn a few stam and than it was back locked up... still haven't got ZS to load at all.... It flashed for me earlier long enough that I could see the "you were killed by XXXX and lost XXXX XP" LOL
    Bet my bounty is reset too

12. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

8:00 pm...still nothing.

13. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

The bounty resetting bugs me the most. I was at over 1 tril. Would be nice if the folks that get me there each time weren't rewarded with me resetting whenever this happens.

14. Christian Reed

Christian Reed New Member

Yeah the level of suck this is emitting has caused Webster to coin a new vocabulary word to describe this monumental failure. 2hrs?!?!?!? PFFT!!! I had 6 hours left b4 your servers crashed. now i have less than 1... Gee thanks... there goes all my UN credits to come close to finishing (but not finish.. ). This is my first impression. not very pleased by Kano's performance and it's meager attempt to reprimand its own mistakes. Have a nice day.

15. WOW!!! aren't you like level 400 or 600 something? 1 tril bounty, thats hawt :p

Games back BTW

16. Wonder Bread

The games are finally back up! Official announcement here!

17. You may have had 6 hours left on your calendar, but in reality there was less then 2 hours to complete the calendar when the servers went down. Something that was not Kano's fault. And they're apparently going to credit those two hours when the servers come back up. So you'll still have an opportunity to finish it.

18. alka

alka Banned

The extended time came while Europe slept..Nice one Kano.

Not Kano's fault?? Anyone piggy backing someone elses Servers to run a business only have themselves to blame when they crash and lose the company money :(

19. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Your bounties shouldn't have reset. Kano fixed this issue a while back.

20. Eraser

Eraser Member

The bounties didnt reset because of the server crash, They reset because of the alloted time that passed Durring the crash if that makes sense.

I was happy to return with full rivals and bounty price, Even a game history, That was awesome.

but other did get thier bounties reset, because the time it reset, was durring those hours that the game was down.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012