[LCN] SW and Groups need rethought

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sir Opinion Alot, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's pretty sad to see all those high level players leave. The game is not the same as it was a year ago.

2. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

Some new people are coming Aapje... And this game takes time, and is very addictive too :p

3. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

When BA in Kong LCN is now down below 300 people, I would begin to be a little concerned about the life of the game. There used to be a much more active base and greater competition among players. Even though there were still spenders, no one was jumping out at any record pace and the players still remained pretty much within range of each other. Over time it would expected that some players would eventually move out to greater levels and strengths and new players would feel some gap, but now players who spend can go from nothing to some of the most powerful in a few weeks to a couple of months. It used to be that the best items you could buy were stats of 170/60 or 60/170. That has changed to 478/213 while the base items that you get from job drops and inventory have not changed. What that means exactly is now you can spend 1/3 less or spend the same as it cost three years ago and be three times stronger. Three years ago you had to use leveling partners to level which took time, scheduling, and coordination with other players on skill allocation and items to level together. Now you can just use RAIDS and BA to level quickly. If you think about the fact that it took me 3 years to get to the level I am, there are players now who may have a Joined Date of 3 years ago but they just now started actually playing Kong LCN and have went to nowhere to be found to Top 30 already on the leaderboard. Anytime a player can go from nothing to half my level in 3 months and stronger than almost every single player in the game, something is off balanced.

Sorry if I got off topic LOL But I think this issue is a huge factor in everything as it is what I think is big part of why we are losing players and lower numbers affect War Mode, Syndicate Wars, BA, and the simple competition between syndicates themselves. And as most threads do, comments lead to other comments and that creates a response to the last comment which might in turn again, create another response.... so the topic might go from "the forest is green to the forest is losing trees to we need trees for paper to we should replace paper with chalk boards to there is a shortage of chalk". Everyone replied to the last comment but eventually the topic moves far beyond "the forest is green"

4. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

It would be interesting to have stats about how many active players (playing 5 days a week for example) are here? And one year ago? If it decreases, one solution... We all (us, players) need to recruit!

5. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

When I want to play SW (which is not very often), I just accept an invite from another syndicate to come over as a guest for the event. Sometimes it is because the syndicate is not full or sometimes it because a regular member is going to be absent and is willing to leave long enough for me to join to participate and then leave after. Sometimes the invite is to a syndicate that doesn't place much higher than 10th or 11th and sometimes it is to a syndicate that makes a good fight for 1st or 2nd. Rarely do I even bother joining my syndicate up for syndicate wars as I just get tired of dying every 15 minutes. LOL I have a little pride even though I know when being in a syndicate of 3 people you are just doomed no matter how much I add to my mobster :)

ChewbaccaSW likes this.