Stamina/Energy/Health Refills

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by usmcjames, Apr 24, 2010.

1. T5000

T5000 Member

All great points Susan

Id also like to mention the fact that yourself,Joel ect help so many others doing there boss jobs to get them to move to the next stage.

Could you imagine if we all just used our stam for fighting and ONLY OUR BOSS jobs.

Many would only come on and play every second day

2. SickMO ToddEO

SickMO ToddEO New Member

NO Please NO! NO to limits on attacks!

I totally agree with the 50 stamina refill being too low; and it should be revisited. I have never understood why it is so low. Its almost funny to see when you get to upper levels as it becomes token at best; but making a change to the number of attacks to compensate for more stamina is a horrible idea.

Case in point, your other game Zombie Slayers. If I had 5000 stamina it would hardly matter if I dont have a fight list. I deal with limits on that game all the time and I twiddle my thumbs and end up walking away bored outta my mind. I cant play unless I want to wear out my mouse clicking on a boss job; which is not that fun. This is what would happen to LCN with fight limits in place.

If you put limits in, then others just ambush to remove themselves from the list and your list of fight targets will disappear. Or worst yet, they let you exhaust the target and go about their business without doing anything.

I understand what you wish to accomplish but the side effects are worse in many cases. Putting a limit on fights would bring about alot of these bad side effects and I think you would loose alot of active gaming time spent with each user.

Stamina increases will speed game flow and thereby bring the excitement back into the game. People will have more options. The more excitement, the more active gamers you have. Easy to figure.

The early stages of the game usually are the most fun and most exciting. Alot of this is because its looser, less restrictive and you have more options. This feeling gets lost as you level up. The structure and rules become like walls that slowly close in on you. Keeping this from happening is the key in my opinion.

Recently the walls got loosened with the adjustment in skill points that happened not too long ago. This change brought back excitement and options to the players, so lets not crank things back down.

Ideas on stamina increases to add excitement would be to tier the increase in stamina regeneration but do it in a random lottery method where its a random bonus that can be attained. Put a base increase of stamina but on different gaming situations you might get more or less via lottery; or just totally random increase.

One other idea is to give stamina multiplier drops that show up and they can be used to multiply the stamina you have currently. Or how about an XP multiplier or boost. When you have this boost in play you get more XP thereby streching your stamina.

These are only a few unique ideas with less than 5 minutes of thought invested. Lets think outside the box on this stuff and not simply limit what we have. Certainly the Kano creative team should be able to source some more creative alternatives.

Limits are never fun or liked, and the side affects that result can really sour the experience. You have a creative game here so lets not limit it. Look for a solution that increases our options, build excitement and ADDS to the overall gaming experience.

thanks for reading our posts and listening to your customers.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  3. This isnt zombie slayer

Kendell,

LCN IS NOT ZOMBIE SLAYER so do NOT make any type of change to LCN that Zombie Slayer has.. That Limited Attack & XP is absolutly rediculous... All we are asking for is more Stams refill for players over 1000.. 50 is NOT enough.. I know you LOVE making tons of real monsy off us but there is a point where we wont buy ANY GF Points if you dont work with us.. As you probably noticed i stopped buying them because of reasons like this.. So give everyone over level 1000 more stams refill and DO NOT give us any change that has AYTHING to do with Zombie Slayer.. Zombie is not anywhere near as good as LCN and will never be..

Thank You
    La Cosa Nistra

4. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

What if the refill was 1/2 of your max? If you have 100 Stam your refill is 50.. 200/100 - 300/150 & so on..

Also, what about more options on using points for 1/2 refills? 5 points for 1/2 refill instead of 10 for a full. There is a thread that suggests this here.. http://goo.gl/vo5n

5. Julie Detroit

Julie Detroit Member

I hate to be the bad guy but all 4 apps are different and I know 3 of them don't refill with stamina, and I only have a level 250ish in this app but to me out of the 4 Kano apps Mob Wars is the most difficult to level. Which is one of the reasons I love it, plus with all the extra skill points everyone received in the adjustment I think the app is fine(I wish Pirate clan did the same)

All that being said I would welcome 50% or even 25% refills, 50 Is really low.

6. T5000

T5000 Member

The half stam for 5 UN credits was my idea for Zombie Slayer only (At this early stage)
    Its a different set of circumstances over there as the game is new and there are not many high level players
    I think both games are driven by stam
    Theres stam required for fighting (if you got a list)
    Theres stam required for bounty hunting
    Theres stam required for your own Boss fights
    Theres stam required for helping others move on with there game

At the level some players are in LCN there next level is very high.....they NEED more

Other lower players plead to help them so they can move on to the next level
    If it wasnt for the bigger levels helping the lower levels out,the lower levels wouldnt bother

7. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I don't think this necessarily has to do with just high level players in only one app.. I play all 4 apps & many times just need 1/2 energy or 1/2 of my stam to level.. which is why I think your suggestion for 1/2 refills for points is a good one.. as well as 1/2 refills on your max when leveling up.. which would be better than just 50..

8. Julie Detroit

Julie Detroit Member

Just to be clear about my position I was talking about 50% or 25% refills when you level not for favor points, although I like the idea of have the option of purchasing a half refill.

9. T5000

T5000 Member

Yeah thats what im talking about as well
    LCN needs more than 50 stam return when you level
    I started the game late and spent a few $100 on H/G's ect but it was clear i was never going to get up to the big people to compete with a 50 stam return when i leveled so i gave up as many have.

Ive swung over to another of there Apps where at least ive got some chance

10. Julie Detroit

Julie Detroit Member

Well I find myself getting board with all apps eventually but now with the Kano apps I keep all 4 open and rotate between them . Even recently before Zombie I found the differences between the 3 apps enough to keep my interest peaked., but part of of that is I let them sit for 9 months before I really did anything.

11. I agree something should be done with the stamina refill. Almost all of us on here posting pay to play this game and have paid a pretty penny to reach the levels we have in such a short period of time. I no longer have a leveling partner and my fight list consists of people like Harley who is level 1400 or La Cosa Nostra who is level 1228 what I am suppose to do when I am level 891. There is no way I can beat those guys so I basically have no fight list and must rely on doing boss jobs or prey upon the poor sap that wants to attack me off the hit list or just wants to test their mob when they see me healed on their fight list.. Most are not that stupid so I basically default back to having no fight list. I have no way of knowing which lower level player is close to my fight range or mob size as they do not show up on my fight but I show up on theirs. I like this game but it would be nice to have more people to fight... It would be nice if the range of eligible fighters was opened up a bit more. Not sure what the range is selected but it appears that once you get 50 levels or so above some one they seem to fall off your fight list.I just need more people to fight and more stamina to do it with.. Thank you for listening

12. Lucky Susie

Lucky Susie New Member

This is embarrassing to admit, but ... I just looked at my super rewards account .... I've purchased 21,123 favor points for LCN in 196 days of playing ... an average GF point costs $0.20/ £0.13 each that's $4224.60/£2796.69 to Kano.

Break down of spend ....

725 x HG - £942.50
    14 x GF Special Items - £45.00
    Refills of Stamina - £1809.19

I honestly had no idea I was wasting that kind of money on a daft game :(

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  13. Moe

Moe New Member

I totally agree with the posts above and I like the idea a couple people mentioned from Scott Weeden.
    I'd like to mention two things:
    1. Endless levelling is a tradition in MWs and we all know it's been abused in MW1, mostly as a result of bot users and scripts. Why is this a concern in LCN ? Human effort needs to be fostered and perhaps encouraged. Isn't this how many of us pass the time? Allowing players to reach higher levels - allows us all to be logged in longer and play more.
    2. I recall that its possible to create a 'levelling loop' and literally level non-stop up to around level 300 (when the skill points were only 3 per level). I believe that Kano has 'created' a NEW 'level loop' with 5 skill points per level - where a player could probably extend the levelling loop way past 300 and likely closer to level 500. Isn't this a recipe for disaster that will encourage armies of 'alts' or 2nd accounts ? I think the game may soon be ruined by multiple accounts that the owner has little 'vested interest' in and are willing to level at a lightning fast pace. What then?

Re: Ideas mentioned.
    I agree we are being limited far too much with so little stamina. Scott's idea seems best so far.
    I strongly disagree with a 20 attack limit or tiered experience. That is the worst idea.
    Limits should be removed from a war game. In a minor conflict its normal to trade attacks in high numbers. This is a war game after all. Levelling partners should be allowed. Perhaps the only limit should be aimed at reducing the advantage of 'alts'.
    The game will soon be ruined if the players flood the environment with fake accounts that are 'not accountable' or are easily sacrificed.

The answer is complex, levels should be difficult to get - progressively. NOT IMPOSSIBLE !
    The idea about faster recharge rates by level should be paired with the tiers suggested by Scott in such a way to allow 5 levels per day being POSSIBLE for virtually any level player that devotes the effort.
    I feel that everyone is thinking small though, or rather, short term. The devs did this assuming level 1000 was a difficult goal. I suggest that rather than assigning stamina replacement rates per level tier we occupy, it would be equitable for the formula to adjust as we gain levels... Thereby not setting future limits. Each level would result in slightly less recharge times and slightly more max stamina that is replaced as we level.
    eg. A level 100 may get 50 stamina replaced when they level and each stamina takes 120 seconds to regenerate. A level 1000 gets 500 stamina replaced when they level and each stamina takes 12 seconds to regenerate. Something along those lines.

Thanks Eric, for your efforts.
    Great ideas from everyone too.

14. steal toes

steal toes Member

:eek:Yeah not a bad haul for the Devs from one person playing a free game.

I thought the party pack was the reason the Devs have such a.:D every day.

15. Lucky Susie

Lucky Susie New Member

Really is a shocking amount of wasted cash :eek: ... especially when the dev's don't think answering a few of my post is worth their time :mad:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  16. steal toes

steal toes Member

Yeah but if you spend 40 a month on your enjoyment and leave it at that it's not such a bad thing..

The Dev's kids gotta eat too.

The more money the game makes the more attention the Devs will give it.
    No money for the Devs = Dead Game for us..

So....

..fetch that pocketbook and nick me a few GF point, will you? :rolleyes:

17. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Thanks everyone for adding your thoughts on the subject and making your suggestions.

I agree that 50 is low especially for higher levels and will likely introduce a new formula that will offer different max refills depending on your current level as well as faster re-charge rates based on level. This is on our radar and will get improved.

So I plan to make this change at some point but need some time to consider options as well what the formula will look like for both the refill and recharge rate.

So to answer some questions yes we are considering this change and it will likely start to see some changes next week or so (hopefully), but keep the discussion coming on this topic, as always I am interested in the players opinions / suggestions. I assure you I go through, read each opinion and take it all into consideration even though I do not reply to each post individually.

18. Lucky Susie

Lucky Susie New Member

Thank you Kendall .. its nice to have our posts acknowledged :)

19. wolfj

wolfj New Member

my stamina does the same thing i have 145 stamina and only get half whats the deal it's annoying why have that much if you don't get it all when leveling up

20. stam is set to refill to 50.