Should We Improve Raid Boss Achievements and Rewards?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asha

Asha New Member

True, some of the raid killers are new players, but the problem raid killers are higher level players. Also, the players that end up killing the raids didn't do so because that was their intention, but because the actual raid killer left the raid at such low health that the next player to attack who doesn't look first will end up killing the raid. One possible fix would be to use the "you are at too low health to attack" gimmick of world coop bosses, battles and cage matches where you cannot attack unless you heal back up. That would, partially, fix the problem of players kililing raids on their first attack after a raid killer nearly suicided the raid almost all of the way down.

A way to limit those types of players from causing problems and punish them at the same time would be to give the player who startedthe raid the ability to kick a limited number of players from the raid and be able to block certain players from joining their raids in the future. This would, hopefully, make the players that try to get raids killed either think twice about doing so, or prevent them from entering raids entirely. Right now there are no real consequences for a raid killer, and they will simply keep putting raids on the brink of death whenever they get the chance.

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  2. Mujimbo

Mujimbo New Member

As a long time player of ZS, and ZS only I personally really enjoy the Raid Bosses, especially since the tier system was overhauled. That said the drop chance for a superior item is far too low (my experience puts it at about 10%) and even then their stats are too weak too be of much use anyway. The ability to craft common into superior and superior into something even better would be appreciated. So long as it is actually something better as in +100 to stats (which still keeps them subpar to what's available in store, but a decent reward) rather than just a sad joke like with the world boss items or frankly the benefits of crafting in general as things currently stand for ZS. –why aren’t there any achievements for crafting!?!

Also I think the Raid Bosses health in ZS need a review. They’re simply too high and creates a catch twenty-two where higher lv players who typically do the summons don’t invite low lv players because they don’t trust them yet it’s the low lv players who do most of the damage since they benefit from constantly gaining levelling up refills to sink into the raid.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  3. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

For me i still say quiet raids over all... It still destroy the battle game it shall be

4. JenniferJ

JenniferJ New Member

I agree with GATMAN. I am one of the new players. To me the Perish ability is causing a huge rift between the newer players and old players when only a few of the newer players were at fault. If you are going to keep the Perish ability, then tying a superior reward to the number of heals might help.

GATMAN's statement about the "Flawed reward system" is correct from my point of view. Why work and spend the FP's to be at the top of the raid and receive a common item as reward more than 50% of the time? I think a tiered reward system based upon actions would be the way to go, but it needs to address the inequity in the FP's spend.

The return on the reward and the FP spend has got to get better. Why would you want to continue to do raids when you can simply buy a limited time item and at least know you have a decent item when you spend the FP's. Increasing the FP's per level even if only done during a raid would probably help fix this if you didn't want to tie it to the reward. As it is, it appears that the inequity in the FP per level as your level grows aids in the topsy turvy where the higher level is not incentivized to spend or participate in the raid.

5. Robby Boyd

Robby Boyd New Member

"Our surveys and analytics have shown us that Raids are one of our most consistently popular events, though I know not everyone is a big fan. We’d really like to make them fun and useful for all different types of players, so if you have any suggestions around our current idea or ones you’d like to pitch, I’m more than happy to hear them"

Its a WAR game FGS. Who wants fun and cooperation We want anger and frustration and confrontation.If I want fun I'll miss my child support payments and watch my Ex... Give the ability to the top 5 say to suspend the gameplay of those below for a period. Imagine the steam coming out of their ears when they are just below the 2k and suspended lol. And of course the race to be in the top 5 will be self motivating esp in the beginning, Stuff fun. lets whack an AULDY :D

Deblovscats1 and Birkebeiner like this.
  6. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Good idea - makes perfect sense

7. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I compare the drops to what else I can get for the same amount of FPs today. The new players with less stamina and energy to refill can make far better deals with buying new limiteds or sale weapons, and even with a lot better drops the RAIDs would be a worse deal to them.

Instead of spending 3.4 refills or way more to get a 1 superior drop, any player can buy 2 way better weapons at Sale than the superiors, without any risk that he will end up with a common, but its ok if you want to run a few extra circles and make us wait several months until there is an update.

About a more complicated achievement and reward system: with 12 Raids each one will be available one every year, that means that you have 7 days each year to try to make some achievements, and about the drops: the one that is appealing now, I am sure that after a year will be far less tempting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
    Deblovscats1 likes this.
  8. Dixie Chic

Dixie Chic New Member

I totally Agree + perhaps raising skills points when you level up...!!!! :D TY

9. Dixie Chic

Dixie Chic New Member

YES ~ YES ~ YES to this thought....!!!!!!! :D Ty

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

So do not invite anyone you know is a raid killer , it has been said time and time again, keep ya raids private, and a raid killer is a raid killer, just cause someone doesn't take the time to check the health ??? really ?? and they kill it is on that player .

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  11. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

i'm too lazy to read all of the past threads, so here's my two cents worth...if it was covered already, oh well.
    • Raids are often enough already.
    • You have tiered levels for entry, why not have different rewards for each tier so they are useable for everyone that gets one, but not making noobs too strong too quick.
    • I think with the number of high level players in the game you could add another tier at, say, 7500 and up. That way there are more people in a raid to do damage, they might be killed quicker so more people opening 2 or 3 raids per season. Also, a fourth tier would allow for rewards more commensurate with the level of the player entering the raid. ie, what is useful to a level 4500 is far less useful to a level 10k. Again, tiered reward items to the level tier would be awesome!
    • Current rewards suck for the amount of fps required. Provide xp on a pro-rated scale so that the more damage you are doing beyond the minimum, the higher amount of xp you get per 20 stam attack. Make it a sliding scale so there is more incentive to doing higher damage.
    • You really don't need to change the invite codes, people can just post "i have a raid, pm me your level and i will send invite" then only send to the ones they know and trust.
    • The problem with changing to one single invite code is that if you send it to someone in tier 3, they could pass it to someone in tier one, which might not be someone you want. I could see it useful only as an icon to share into your syndicate feed and that link is not useable for anyone not in your syndicate, but beyond that it should remain as it is.
    That's all I've got for now.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  12. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

I don't think there should be a limit on how many raids you join. I would like to see a single link that would work without turning on public sharing. As it is, if you use the "Post to armada feed" link, it doesn't work unless public sharing is turned on. And I don't use outside groups, since I don't know who will jump in. I prefer Captains, people I am allied with, to join my raids. Non-Captains joining is counter-productive, since I am just helping make my enemies stronger.

Changes need to made to the tiers as well. The first tier fills up very fast, 2nd and 3rd tiers are harder to fill. On FB/KP1, there are only 72 people currently to fill the top tier. Not all smaller level players have enough bigger players to be able to fill their raids without help. I often get a dozen (or more) raids sent to me by other 11,000+ players trying to help fill a raid. I think 4 tiers would be ideal:
    0-4500 - 4501-8000 - 8001-11,000 - 11,000+ - allow 8 spots per tier.

I also think raids are too frequent. I always thought they should be bi-monthly (once every 2 months) or quarterly (every 3 months). Make the event longer, just less often. Say a 10-day event, every other month; or every third month have a 12-14 day event. And make BA and AW a monthly event. Not that I bother with BA anymore. Got all the achievements and script-kiddies took it over, so I don't even look at it anymore.

Above all, I think more Rule achievements should be introduced before making changes to other aspects of the game. Additional skills achievements, and even hoard achievements (for those that like the hoard) wouldn't hurt either.

13. I have no idea why players think the top 5 players get a superior drop. That is so not true. Whatever changes you make did not discard the tier one players. Maybe disabling their ability to kill a raid party could be an idea to look at. But, that should be limited to their age. Since raids are once a month. Maybe this limit should be applied to players 75 days or less. That I think is enough of a helping hand.
    Crafting weapons maybe an idea. But, I can use every weapon I get in Mob Wars, Pirate Clan, and Viking Clan. Zombie Slayer common weapons are unusable to me. Crafting new weapons will be useful in the future, so I won't complain.
    The suggestion that a health alert be applied to the raid as it it is in the world boss is not a good one. It would mean that a dead player or one in the hospital cannot attack a raid. Do not place a health requirement on the raid. What if a player decides to kept another player dead in order to hinder their ability to fight a raid. Don't do it. I have enough cash on hand to counter that. How many tier ones have that?
    Give good thought to your changes. You cannot please everyone. Frankly, you if make no changes, give out awards and/or achievements, or make crafting available, I will continue to to fight the raids exactly how they are. Why right now as I type, I planning for next Thursday's raid in Viking. It will be a gas!

14. do you have to be rude?

15. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I have watched too many raids get destroyed by players who were only weeks old, and some even just hours old. I think a player should have to reach a certain level before they can participate in raids. Last raid season I watched a player who was only 6 hours old sabotage several raids. He did not kill them himself, but he ran the health down into red so low that the next person to join ended up perishing the raid. It was obvious by the guys smart arse comments in the feeds that he enjoyed seeing the effects of what he had done. I realize not all new players are out to cause trouble in a raid, but still, they should have to learn the game first at least, and build their characters to a certain degree.
    But if this is not going to change, at least take away their protection when they join a raid so we can bounty them for causing a raid to be perished! They may not care if they are bountied for it, but at least it will make some of us feel better knowing we can make them lose any exp they had gained off attacking the raid.

16. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

to set it straight there will never ever ever in a chance there will ever be the ability of kicking players, raids are set up according to each players attributes and once the system is set if 1 was to leave the whole system is compromised and xp and total health def, etc is effected and then it would have to have a overhaul during the raid which is really impossible, this has been brought up and explained so many times..... SORRY THERE WILL NEVER BE THE BOOT OPTION due to raid coding and physics

17. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

That's what I've heard also, from Kano admin..

18. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

they have explained this time and time again

19. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

ehm, No, thanks. it's a clicking game and we like clicking LOL :D:D:D

20. braatt10

braatt10 Member

I like the raid bosses and agree there needs to be more than one achievement, not just one per raid boss event. And reward drops need to be substantuailly stronger than items that are already in our inventories. Also, drawing more interest from players to do raids bosses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.