[ZS] Server Failures Feb 25 2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We are currently investigating server failures and will update when fixed.

2. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

WOW. This is lame. I should be credited with UN for waiting all freaking morning to do my GP and Spain Death Death. Only to log on to a bunch of frozen and lagging screens. -_-

3. And once again a BIG THANKS (it's ironic.....) to all Kano problems...

4 hours ago
    POG Mc FISTED is just a COWARD is under heavy attacks from Ssss Gas The Jacks The Butcher of Blunderland hm.

Top RivalsAmbushes and Booby TrapsPunches
    SQUAD LAST ATTACK
    No rival squads available, check back soon.

I ambushed him a lot...he attacked me....but HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

In order to setup an ambush, Ssss Gas The Jacks The Butcher of Blunderland hm must have attacked you at least once in the past 24 hours.

THANKS KANO !!!!

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

ZS is back. Unfortunately we had to move to another new cache array which means rival data, counter attack costs, gift counters, help counters, game history feed, etc will be reset.

We managed to get hitlist cost increases over to persistent storage this morning so this should not reset.

We will work on the rival data early next week to minimize impact if we continue to have cascading cache server failures.

We currently do not know the exact root cause, but since the December 18th upgrades we have been meet with varying instability in our cache servers since, each failure has been what appears to be separate issues.

We apologize for the inconvenience and want you to know that we're working to resolve these issues and make sure they don't happen in the future.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  5. Deltan

Deltan Member

Hey everyone, games are currently offline again as of 12:49pm PST. It's our caching servers again. It's being working on. More updates asap.

6. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

AGAIN IN 1 WEEK. Can't be serious with this BS

7. Matt Stewart

Matt Stewart New Member

These are the minds working behind the curtain lol.

8. Deltan

Deltan Member

We're back folks!

9. DragTheWaters

DragTheWaters Member

BTW Kendall, our bounties all reset, so whatever you guys did to persist cache didn't work.

10. Eric

Eric Administrator

I checked out your account and you currently have 1 bounty against saved in our database, any future access to your bounty value will be from persistent storage. It is possible you were still on the old system if no one tried to bounty you from the game, or your old bounty price reached the day expiry and and was removed.

11. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

Get better servers ! Sheesh. Twice, in a few days is kinda ridiculous. If you're gonna reset everything, why not the world boss? Or our challenge helps/outbreak helps?. My bounty reset as well, I know it didn't reach the expire because TF listed me muwahahaha. Try again Kano. ;)

12. DragTheWaters

DragTheWaters Member

Hey Eric, I was listed just after the reset, by Scott The Snowman...check the time on it. However,I had just been list earlier in the morning, so, I shouldn't have reset. Also, everyone else reset as well that I could chat with at the time, this wasn't just me.

Thanks for checking it.

-- DragTheWaters

13. Stevie Mac

Stevie Mac Member

Ok for the second time I have had attack counter reset on a player who has hit me 14,000 times in 7 days - not that I use many counters on him as it's mostly waste of time but I would prefer not to be paying top whack if I choose to do so.................

Once ok then I can understand but twice in as many days..........? :0(

14. alka

alka Banned

Thread: Server Failures Feb 25 2011

Are yer servers a year behind too? lol

15. Eric

Eric Administrator

@DragTheWaters - our records show you were only placed on the hitlist an our ago (by scott the snowman). You can also check your squad feed on your profile to confirm this.

@L1LOne - same as above, you were hitlist an hour ago (by Alan YNWA), no other records of you being on the hitlist.

@stevie mac - development is currently actively working on a solution to fix this issue which will be posted shortly within the next few days. Server stability is also something we're actively working on.

@alka - good catch! will update :)

16. DragTheWaters

DragTheWaters Member

Eric, that's kind of the point...we can't check our feed...they're wiped out when the cache servers go down. We also can't provide information about our last hitlist prior to the cache servers going down, because those are gone too. I appreciate you checking though. What we're saying is, Kendall said that this would be persisted now, and it's not....and I'm just letting you know, because if you think it's working and it's not, then that's a problem, right?

-- DragTheWaters

17. Eric

Eric Administrator

I checked your squad feed, it's not wiped. On your profile beside your player avatar you'll see 3 tabs, click the squad feed tab and you'll see a history of past events. You currently have 1 Hitlist logged today. For an example check out your squad mates profile Dr Lucky's squad feed, you'll see that the feed will log the last 3 times you are hitlisted.

18. DragTheWaters

DragTheWaters Member

Hey Eric,

I know that I don't have to tell you how things work, but the squad feed does not hold even a 1000th of the real feed, so checking it doesn't provide the fidelity required to determine if there were other hits or not. The whole point of this is to say, I know that many of us reset. Is there an argument to be made that this was not the case for those that reset? If you're saying check your squad feed is it, then that doesn't hold muster with reailty, since squad feed doesn't provide the info needed to prove that. I guess the lesson here is, if we see the server start hanging, go have someone screencap the hitlist price, so that we can show that we reset, otherwise we're not going to have any info to provide to show that we actually reset. Kind of a catch-22 system we have here... thanks for helping though. Hopefully I'll be able to screenshot someone else's hitlist price to show what's going on.

-- DragTheWaters