Reset Skill Points

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by WendelinR, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

It was tried in another game, Bilge Rats, and the game died quickly. It just throws too much chaos into the game. Its not a fresh idea, its just the lazy man's way out of paying attention to what he's doing. And I'm constantly getting clan requests from new players, more so than ever lately so you can talk about dying games all you want. I know, their dying because your idea isn't being implemented. If your going to post an idea you have to be prepared for the possibility it won't be popular and don't whine because people disagree with you.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Just my 2 cents here with these comments, if they restarted on KONG after FB because of wrong choices on skill point allocation, who's fault is that again? Their own, this makes absolute no sense what so ever in your reasoning. You feck up one time, restart over on different platform and feck up again? It's your own fault, delete your account and restart again or still have ARMOR or old MS to go to LOL.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Any one remember the HAVOC of 3 to 5 skill points change per level in VC? Recoop anything ever did wrong, that alone was mind boggling, or the stuck in the muck in Muspell and got the energy back in one lump sum? Those two were big game changers for a lot of people. Let alone the reverse recipes for the people that didn't pay attention, that was a big one as well. They basically went strongest on the block to weak as feck. There is no need for reallocation even if the cost is huge on FP's, work it out or quit.

4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

so how exactly does kano make money form the non pay players? lol you make no sence and should think before posting. sorry to be so blunt about it but i am speaking the truth here. and did you not read my post go to those threads and READ what has been discussed before so these same arguments dont have to be repeated i have given you several threads to look at and all have info about your so called fresh idea wich in fact ill go with your analogy a burger that has rolled under the grill forgotten found then cooked up again. seriously nobody going to want that lol

and PC dead? wow you obviously arent playing the same game i am i play on all 3 platforms(kong/armor same server) and the most "dead" one there is is kanoplay s2 which still has over 500 daily players sure that isnt as much as others but that is still a decent amount of people and they range from various lvls some low others high.

do you not understand that money payers if this does somehow pass will have a mega advantage over the non payers even more so then it is now. so what you want is for the payers to be able to reallocate as much as they want do you even know how much abuse that will be? imagine this the payers relocate to make a perfect battle person with no stam or energy before the arena starts then reallocate again immediately after the arena starts to their stats they want with stam and energy then obliterate every non payer. that is just one example of this going bad there are so many more ways as well.

i could go on and on about this but please i insist on going to the threads i have posted and READ all of them every post, then think on it for a day or 2 then come back here and post about it i can almost 100% guarantee that you will change your mind on this topic.

5. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Neill, of course there will be players who suddenly beat players they couldn't beat before.
    But that is the sense of achievement what the game's been missing.
    We'd have 10x more activity and if very few players like u ppl on the forums quit then it's absolutely no loss cause the majority of players profits.

What the game really needs is a combination of a big influx of new players (like when the Kong badges came out) with the possibility of resetting skills. That would push the game to a monster selling game.

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yeah uh huh, whatever you say, but we do play and so do my 2,000 clan so ,your facts about this platform are inaccurate and don't think cause few people come to the forums that we are the only people who play the games, there is NO possibility of resetting skill points. New players send me request daily . We don't need badges of FB to get more players . You are sounding like a very negative player with an inaccurate and negative opinion of the games and the forum has no need of negative people. The reason Kong is not a large platform is because what I can see of it ,it is not a social platform, like Facebook, some people like to be social,some just want a game platform, so Kong and Armor fill that need, If they make a success ,great ,if not it would be a shame,but don't think for one moment that FB games are dead .

Old Salt and diva of destruction like this.
  7. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I rated this thread one star, because that indicated "terrible"........... Alexandrite Status! Pffffft! Don't you know that all those things you BUY only make you stronger for a while? Keep playing, some No Pay or paid a little player will kick your character's butt! As I brought my player up, I adjusted where I allocated my skill points as the needs arose with who I had attacking me, and who I was fighting. If YOU leveled up with one partner you were unprepared for what the other guys were building and doing with their characters! Oopsie! Too bad so sad. No, no, no. Paying to reallocate skill points is a hideous idea. And Pirate Clan is NOT dead. :p

Kirsten and Old Salt like this.
  8. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

I'm near 500k figth strength and only stopped spending cause I lost the fun while playing, can up it to 600k in a minute if I want and thats very strong on Kong.
    Ok, I'll admit it: Pirate Clan is not dead as a lonsome player called "diva of destruction" holds the line there. If 1 players still plays there its not dead, technically.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Our stance on resetting skill points is the same as it has been: not going to happen. ;)

Moving this to "not considering".

10. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it. While some may think that it would be pretty cool to keep resetting skill points I have had first hand experience with it since it was tried in another game and it was a complete disaster.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

In my experience, resetting skill points only works in Player vs Environment games (PvE) where it's necessary to change your skills on the fly to compliment the rest of your team in a co-operative setting. There are exceptions to this, of course, but not in the same genre as LCN.

There Will Be Blood and Kirsten like this.
  12. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Chiming in since all the platforms are stagnant this evening so I'm pestering forums ;)

I have mixed feelings about stat reallocation. the only way I could see it working is if it cost skill points (or whatever they are called in whichever game you are playing) to reallocate. For instance. When I started I didn't fight. Felt guilty even attacking things for GP (thank goodness for undeads) (and yeah I got beat up badly as a slayer that healed so now I fight, but anyway) So I have more energy than I find useful. I might be willing to pay a percentage of the skills I allocate to put them somewhere they felt useful. This why yes there would be a bit of chaos but people would have to be stingy in doing it because they are in essence weaker for doing so.

But might I add, Dropping the stupid hired squads in did more to disrupt the game than allowing a one time change of skill points. ;)

Anyway, having rebuilt my account on the fly, it can be done, just takes some time and determination. So for those that quit because they don't like their build, they must not have the competitive streak or maybe it's hard headedness ;)

Kirsten likes this.