[LCN] Raids vs leveling partners

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bite Me Yes, Nov 13, 2015.

1. otty22

otty22 Active Member

For me it's ok, i like how is working the game..

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

PVP yeah it is only happening in one of the games, during Raids, Raids are just a nail in the coffin, Pirate clan has become pirateville.

3. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

for me, fights gives the best xp in the game, certain player I get 600+XP so i target them ofter, average xp per stamina in my game, my level is between 400-500XP still better than raids. I go for leveling partners than raids, raids just for fun man, they need to fix the stamina xp on raids, its all good for certain class,ex: my friend who hit the mile high club have to get 7,000,000xp to level up, info he posted on our group, don't know the validity. in that case,best is the leveling partner, but then again you've the problem,nobody wants to be your leveling partner if there's no mutual benefit :/

4. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

PVP is the best exp for me as well. I get like 800 per stamina with my best leveling partner and 700's for my second group. The worst leveling partners I have is high 600's and is around the same as I get with RAIDS if I don't do over 25 million damage. Once I get into the 30 million or more, it starts dropping. If I do more than 100 million damage, I am in the 500's per stamina. Most of the people I level with are lower level than me so they normally get their best exp per stamina against me. I would like to see the exp raised for the higher levels only because it takes so much to level - PVP or RAIDS. I don't know about the claim "my friend who hit the mile high club have to get 7,000,000xp to level up" as I am over level 11k on Kong LCN and I need 2,576,851 experience to level and the highest level on FB LCN as of when I posted this was [TFSM] Nino DeMeo Level 12974 Sniper. Seems hard to believe that in less than 2000 levels it would go from 2.5 to 7 million. But either way, I have long thought the experience per level gets completely out of balance after around level 5000 or so. Even with RAIDS and doing close to 200 refills of stamina and energy I am lucky to get like 180 levels. And my stamina max is not that low as it is 7775 and my energy is close to 5000.

And for those who want to put a cap on levels, quit focusing on the levels by higher levels as believe me the higher levels already have a "cap" as it takes us three or four times as much work and fps to get the same levels as the lower and mid levels. If you want to slow down mass leveling, maybe there should be a cap on how much one person can do on one RAID. That would at least force others to do more and maybe (I only say maybe as I am not 100% sure) that would force the free loaders to do a little more and it would help spread out the damage by the big hitters on a higher number of raids and not concentrated on just one or two.

5. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

about 7,000,000xp I mentioned the source was unconfirmed and don't know the validity, that's just he posted on the Syn. chat.
    however the point was leveling partner can give a mutual benefit if he's stronger or equal.

6. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

This is exactly why I suggest they lower the xp/stam on raids until they meet minimum requirements. You should not be penalized for doing more...quite the opposite, you should be rewarded with a higher xp/stam. Do it on a sliding scale so the more you do the more xp/stam you get. Penalize the 'free loaders' instead!

Rhenkle1 likes this.
  7. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

The only reason I suggested the cap on damage per RAID is a lot of people feel like RAIDS have ruined the game as they have allowed a new player to go from level 1 to level 5000 in the matter of a month or two. I believe in leveling 100% but I do find it frustrating that a player can "buy" what it has taken others years to do. There has always been spending for such things as items and refills but "levels" at least used to require some dedication of time and commitment and it may not have prevented the spenders from "buying" those levels but it was not like it is now. So even by making the exp better for the higher levels, caps on the max per RAID would still not be a bad idea. If you just raise the experience for the more damage or actions done, more people will just expect the spenders to do all the work and will then have the argument that the experience is better so why shouldn't they do it?

8. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

While i don't disagree with what you suggest, in fact i totally agree that buying levels in raids has hurt the game, i'm not sure that there is any easy solution. on the one hand people want to have better xp/stam in raids, comparable to pvp leveling. on the other hand, people that level pvp are limited to 5k attacks per level partner. to make it fair to all, kano should somehow limit raids or remove the limit to pvp leveling.
    my suggestion is kind of a hybrid. it doesnt limit the raids, but it reduces xp for the people doing less so the bigger the spender the better the leveling.
    let's face it, kano will not do anything that will reduce their income from raids...it's a cash cow for them. so let's reduce the overall leveling from it except to the huge spenders.

9. leveling partners are hard to find and its not easy like old mobw sam. may be we should try to level but think we will both lose to each other

10. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

yup, that'll do :D may be we can switch loadouts. and win win situation

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  12. AXXO likes this.
  13. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

and if that's ok with both of us, doesn't matter how many different ways you puked, keep puking

StoneCK likes this.
  14. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I have no idea what this even means?

That is actually the core of my issue with RAIDS - I don't want to see it so easy for "big spenders" to level. It might be because it is personal to me and how it affects my game and/or rank in levels. I already cannot compete with spenders on strength as they can buy items that put all of the job drops and boss drops to shame..... I am already losing to level players at level 4000 while I am over level 10,000 and maxed out on job drops and boss drops through Moon (Victoria just came out and that is helping) and now players can start on a Tuesday and be a level 5000 by Saturday. (Okay maybe not that fast but you get my point LOL) And within just a few months the "huge spenders" have not only bought items but have the advantage of levels as well. People talk about wanting "a balance", RAIDS have totally erased the value of time invested and replaced it with nothing more than who spends the most.

And I understood your point.... in many ways, when it comes to PVP leveling, I feel like I am an expert. In my few years on Kong, I have over 8 million battle wins..... I used to level A LOT. The only person even close to me on Kong is just under 5 million and they have been one of my leveling partners sine almost the beginning. As far as your comment about the 7 million needed to level - I know you said it was unconfirmed and that you did not know the "validity" of the claim. I was just giving you some information as well as my opinion with the facts regarding my level and experience needed to level. So I was not questioning YOU but rather doubting the person who told you that it took 7,000,000 experience to level.

AXXO likes this.
  15. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

Spenders are gonna spend. Look at Funlover...she did 10k levels primarily on the back of challenges. She spent tons for LQ items and to buy keys and became the strongest in our game, as well as highest level (until she stopped leveling because there was no fun in it when there was no challenge from anyone). We will not compete with spenders if they are determined enough, and rich enough.

16. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

This is true. But before RAIDS, only Funlover and Shant leveled so fast on Kong. Most everyone else was taking their time and not flying through the RAIDS. The spenders were gaining ground with items in strength but without the help of the higher level bosses and job drops, higher level players could in some way offset the spenders by having access to those drops. Now with RAIDS, we are seeing more and more players gaining 500 and 600 levels a month from raids and getting those job drops and boss drops. If you compared my item list to a mid level spender in the past, I was weak on the top end of the list as I rarely ever bought an item. But my lowest item used was awesome as I had items from the highest city jobs and bosses. So I could compete a little with the spenders. Now, those spenders not only have superiority in the top items, they are leveling into the top cities and filling out the bottom of the list as well. Wrecks alone has almost doubled my Total Attack and Total Defense in just 3 months of playing. RAIDS have completely changed the game and given the spenders a HUGE advantage that cannot be overcome by non-spenders, or small spenders.

17. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

And this is what Kano wants...everyone who wants to play to spend, mortgage your houses, sell your kids, and spend it all right here.

18. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Which is a shame because spenders will get bored and move on..... the long term money is in the small spenders who will play for years. It would be better to have a high number of long term small spenders rather than a few big spenders. Look at Shant...no longer here. Funlover, now a part time spender. Wend gone. Even SemperFi was a pretty big spender, just not a high level. I dont know much about FB LCN so chances are that it is different with spending there and I know that Kong LCN is just the left overs from Kano. So what happens on Kong LCN really doesn't matter much so long as people are on FB spending.

19. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Yet I see a lot of games fall into the same trap, which makes me wonder how much income actually comes from the biggest spenders vs small ones. The 80/20 rule is often true in life, so Kano might think that the short term gains are simply worth it, even if it kills the game in the long term.

20. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

It would be nice to believe that Kano does care about longevity but in the way Kong LCN is going, it really is hard to see it.