RAID BOSS

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Does someone care to explain to me the logic of the RAID boss battles? We're told to go to N Midgard and do a number of adventures (no idea how many or which ones), and then go to 3 other worlds - yet I've been doing each of the adventures in N and S Midgard, Aegir's passage, and Vanaheim, and I'm still short 1 key - and have gone through approximately 6000 energy. Something ain't right - seems that KANO needs to get their you know what in gear because we aren't told what we should be doing.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

3. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

maybe you could explain where to even find these quests, I looked allover the game and havenot found them

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

hover over the keys and it will tell you the location,just wish I could join the one I was invited to

5. Grand Master Fielding

Kirsten - did that and finally got to the RAID boss - now I'm even more pissed off - those things are going to cost me hundreds of favor points to kill - it's a complete waste of my time and my energy. The developers could have been working on a new world for us high level players - but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. They decided to screw around with this dumb thing instead.

ICE-X likes this.
  6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Are you inviting other Vikings to help you out? Trying to kill the Raid Boss by yourself is going to be a frustrating, nearly impossible process. It's designed to be a co-operative Boss.

7. Grand Master Fielding

I've invited several Vikings to help out - and it's not gonna be killed in all likelihood. I wasted alot of favor points and energy on this - and I'm beyond livid. KANO should have been working on new worlds and other new adventures or things. This RAID boss is beyond pitiful. Even my enemies are in agreement with me on this subject.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Raid Boss is week long event, so you have plenty of time. Communicate with your Raid, heal so you don't wipe and reset the encounter. The Raid Boss is absolutely killable.

9. Grand Master Fielding

Time Left To Defeat Boss: 1 day 23 hours 14 minutes does NOT a week make Mi7ch. That looks more like 2 days to me. Think on what you're saying Mi7ch. KANO messed us up here.

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Raid Boss is able to be summoned for a week. Individual bosses don't last a whole week, no, but you can get in on several Raid Bosses over the week.

11. Grand Master Fielding

Not sure I understand the difference - all I know is that I've been waiting patiently for a new world - and KANO gave us this monstrosity instead.

12. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

Plus the thing heals itself. I posted mine on world chat and have almost the max number of helpers and the health had barely moved. Then I watched it carefully for a few minutes and noticed it actually heals. That's B.S., particularly when it costs so much energy to heal our own character in the thing. All of that for a CHANCE at getting one of the drops at the end

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Raid Boss does not heal itself while you fight it, but if your Raid group wipes, its health will be reset. If you make sure to keep your health topped up, the Boss will not heal.

14. Eric Thunderbone

Some twenty thousand attacks between all of the thirty people who have joined mine -
    Cave Dragon Health: 882,572,732 / 891,300,000

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  15. Eric Thunderbone

At that rate, it will take almost two MILLION total attacks (or "actions") to kill it

16. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Seriously, at that rate it will take forever to kill it.
    People just attacking it blindly and don't care that the boss health its reseting back to full at least every 5 mins without healing with energy the Raid Health.

17. Eric Thunderbone

Even without resetting the counter, the boss is healing itself. That is what is unacceptable to me

18. Eric Thunderbone

Actually, the fact that it completely resets if your character runs out of health is wrong also. Even if it didn't reheal ever, even a little, a group would spend thousands (if not hundreds of thousands or more) of stamina AND energy to find the necessary keys and then to kill it. For what? A CHANCE at a drop. Eff that.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Boss does not heal outside of resetting when the Raid wipes. Could you PM me a link to your boss that I can send to the devs?

20. Eric Thunderbone

I went back in the boss feed and it looks like some of my attackers let the character die so it reset, giving the appearance that it was rehealing on its own.

Despite that, the fact that twenty-nine people could dump thousands of stamina and energy into a boss only to have someone reset the counter because they didn't heal as they attacked is crap. As I said above, it would take thousands, tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of attack and stamina to kill one of these things IF it never healed at all. For a CHANCE at a drop