Raid Boss: Should they stay or should they go?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Oct 6, 2014.

?

Raid Bosses: Should they be removed from the game?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2014.
  1. Yes.

74.5%
  2. No.

15.7%
  3. Not sure with reasons I will state.

9.8%
  1. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

Those that do use the Raid Bosses to level up fast, that's good in some ways, but you have to think about your income and bounty amount. My income is half of what others at my level and my bounty is a lot lower there others. So if you got people that was a level 1,000 and at the end of the Raid Bosses able to become 2,500. They will be getting bounty a lot more and they won't be able to bounty back or use a bounty trap, because of the cost.

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I leveled from 400 to 2500 in PC on Raid bosses. I can't afford 10 units of much! :) Yes. I am succeptible to bounty etc but my character attributes and play is not going to get me into a lot of trouble. I still think these Raids have no place in this game. They are now a fixture of them and what will make them a longer term proposition to the "players" has been left out of the question. Another player quit today ... high level and a really good enthusiast of the game in VC. He see's the writing on the wall: the pay for play players will dominate the game. The small contributions he can afford won't cut it. And his desire to compete is strong. This is a backbreaker. To see your opponents gain 1000 levels each month ... and the money to compete ... uh uh. Its not happening.

If and I think I said this elsewhere, the game was upped in terms of FP's the mix of players who pay and who don't pay would be more competitive. To this, Aardvark was out of the world on the option to spend. There is no option to spend: you want to compete? How do you compete v. a spender? Answer: you don't. Doi doi doi.

My list of players who quit over changes and who saw the "future" is growing. Soon I will add myself to this list too. I will stay at my level and drib and drab levels. Others will spend a ton and pass me and no, I won't chase them. Its becomes not a game but a snore of click click click click be it arena or raids.

I think Kano has lost touch with what made this game great and what detracted from it. These Raids are a prime example of the game going to the Zynga style. Buy what you like. If you can't battle, get an autoclicker: if you pay, you are off the hook. If you get caught, 1 week off with income to boot. The whole thing to me stinks. The messages were at one time serious looking when you were frozen for any reason: you cheat, you are out. End of story. Not now.

The Raid Level Festival monthly where the regular game is on the back seat, you have the future, monthly. You like it? 75 % didn't. Do 75 still not like it not want it and want it gone? We will find out over time as people vote with their money. Yes money. Not time.

Birkebeiner and Deblovscats1 like this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I "kinda" like it these guy's leveling up fast, got more targets that can't do chit against me. Only one way I can say is I feel sorry for those that hit my in-range.

But, yes they should go or going to hear bunch crying can't fight own level because to weak...

LaScepter and Kirsten like this.
  4. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Get rid of the RAID bosses and now.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I could do without them, and yes it will bring some fools into my range, But there are also other ways to level fast, that many have used in the past and still use, be it a boss leveler,or a partner leveler, and at a Low level yes one can level fast , IMO leveling with a partner should have been squashed from day one, For me I have lost a lot of interest in the raids, I joined a few in VC and will prob join a few in PC but not like I have in the past, It does take over the game ,not as bad as the first few, because I see people not going nuts as much with them, they happen too often .The idea of leveling fast to go nowhere than have a problem with others that do, seems , well...........:rolleyes:

6. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

lol i level 1000 times in 1 day on server2 without spending i used what i earned as i leveled but it was way easy, I enjoy the raids but once you reached lvl 1850 they give out the darn near same xp as you grow your xp for a level gets huge and the xp for raids for 30 stamina stays the same big joke, and for someone to level fast it does nothing but make them very weak for that level I on server 2 cant not beat anyone and for daily gamers to get well i lose ever battle. I just dont get the raids at all I would think the xp ratio to the level experience you gain off 2 stamina should stay the same from the bottom tier to the top, if it was regular boss's and people 3000 levels lower was getting same xp off of boss's there would be alot of complaints if you cant fix the xp where it is fair i will keep complaining and more people will see where i am coming from and once this happens i see alot not participating

7. Sir Opinion Alot

lvl 1800 18000 xp for lvl 20 stamina got 1600 xp
    lvl 1850 37,000 xp for lvl 20 stamina got 1600 xp
    lvl 3129 93870 xp for lvl 20 stamina got 2200 xp
    here are some examples
    the funny thing is the first 2 i showed here is my server 2 has 247 cheifs
    the 3129 is my facebook 6 times stronger on overall att and def has 1327 cheifs and get 600 xp more that dont seem right to me the bigger mob should get way more than that. And the only reason i am saying any of this as you reach the so called bench marks for the major increase in xp your boss's, job challenges, job help, and all other aspects of the game take this in consideration and they adjust for it as you go. I would like the same aspects placed in the raids also
    Last edited: Yesterday at 2:50 PM
    Jamey Kean, Yesterday at 2:12 PM Edit Delete Report
    #172 Reply
    [​IMG]
    Nic21 Member
    I just check and I am at level 6400. I only got 2313 XP here ya go Kirsten this shows they are only good til you get to lvl 1850 after that the xp for these things are a massive joke for me if they want them to stay i want to see the payouts being better i dont wanna see me raise up through the levels. I was getting 8 lvls outta a refill not bad when i hit lvl 1850 and the lvl increased i now get 4 levels outta a refill so next bar for xp goes up i will get 2 maybe 3 outta a refill so as you get higher you have to pay 2 to 3 times more to level as someone who started and thats not fair

8. Sir Opinion Alot

Basically what im saying if you did boss's and the xp stayed the same as you leveled you would stop doing the boss's or if challenge help never changed and went up when you leveled you wouldnt do them anymore, so to me if the raids xp dont go up as i level i wont do them anymore

9. chip lock

chip lock New Member

go go go waste of time

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  10. Sir Opinion Alot

so basically these raids are going to keep degrading due to fact boss's A&D is always going up

11. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

i worry the raid bosses are coming too frequently too. if they remain they should be a rare occurrence maybe coming on without warning.... like a bonus once or twice a year... same applies to the 3 and 5 day calender. i see a situation where we will end up with huge monster levels of 50k etc like what happened in the old MW then bots will become common and generally be overlooked. all people will do is play to level. what has kept LCN nice is that there is actually a reasonable balance of levels. highest being 11k.... thats not so bad. old MW they reaching 250k and more. the game should be making it harder to level as opposed to easier. and all these "good" drops will unbalance the game.

I like the raid bosses but they should be the exception not the norm.

Deblovscats1, Lasinagol and Kirsten like this.
  12. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

My personal opinion, they should be changed to a similar things as normal bosses with the 10, 25 and 50 man power attacks. I do agree the way they are currently set up is in ruins.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  13. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

The current set up is better than the original. My main issue is still with the amount of energy needed to get the keys necessary. 8000 plus energy the last time, to get only 3 keys (I'd had one extra key already) is ridiculous. KANO really should be ashamed.

Roland Sea likes this.
  14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The key drop rate has been buffed in player's favor for the Raid Boss currently running (in LCN) and I am sure that change will make its way over to Viking Clan next time.

15. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

haha.. i been thinking that raids and new ba are exploits for kano itself... they will get a bunch at the start but lets see after a year... no more new players + players quitting because it isnt a hard game anymore... you can level way very easy now, you can win by just spending more... kano please listen to us.. thats all

16. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i see no problems with making it hard for the higher levels to obtain the keys but it should be easier for the mids and lowers...everything SHOULD be harder for the highers

17. June Hawkins

June Hawkins New Member

If you are all ready 100% where the keys are. What do you do to get the keys??

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Re-do the Jobs in the Locations listed, the highest Energy requirement job has the greatest chance of dropping a Key.

George Burd likes this.
  19. Sir Opinion Alot

i understand higher you get the harder. 2500 stamina and 1200 energy to lvl 1 time on raid is getting out of hand tho when lowers get free energy and spend a heck of alot less to level i should how the xp jumped for each lvl and most time when it jumped the xp for raid boss's dont they stay the same or close to it for almost 50% of the top players. If others aspects of the game gave same xp for someone half your level everyone would be complaining about it. say a level 8000 and 4000 and they both get on average same xp for 20 stamina is that really fair

20. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

As a new player I found them great! However, by the next round I won't be lower tier so they definitely need to be tweaked a little bit. Every RAID I've seen has had space for low levels meaning that there aren't enough low level players around. One reason for this is that you don't stay low level for long when levelling up fighting RAID bosses!

'David Ramos and George Burd like this.