[LCN] RAID Boss New Ideas to Promote Team Play

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shaun Mannings, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Shaun Mannings

Shaun Mannings New Member

These are a few ideas to help RAIDs become a team event and prevent camping by those who do little and try to get drops by blocking RAIDs from active players by sitting on 1 or 2 actions until the boss is near death. That kind of play defeats the object of RAID team play and is not in the spirit of the game and also deters continual play from those who end up losing out and can lose players from the game.
    Some of the idea's are interdependent. Please let Kano know if you approve/dislike, add your own and promote the good ones.
    1. To start a RAID is costs Money, Stamina and Energy as well as keys. it also costs to join.
    2. Limit TOTAL number of RAIDs active at any point, say 100or a reasonable number based on previous event defeated bosses
    3. Players may only participate in, for example, 5 RAIDs (Killed, Queued or Active)
    4. New RAIDs over the active 100 (or other amount) go in to a queue
    5. Killed RAIDs need 1 heal from ALL members to RESUSCITATE,if using 4, after which they go in to a priority queue
    6. Killing a RAID deducts normal death XP loss from that player.
    7. Killing a second RAID deducts 2x normal death XP.
    8. Killing the same RAID more than once multiplies the XP penalty x 2.
    9. Killing a third different RAID blocks you from the next RAID event.
    10. Expand the number of players per tier to reflect active players on that platform i.e. 15 low, 25 med, 10 high on FB
    11. Tier drop requirement on number of RAIDs joined. i.e. 2k for first, 3k for second or use a multiplier of say 1.5 per RAID
    These are just my thoughts and most would be detrimental to my level however I am for team play and I think implementing at least some of these would help make then more accessible to all players and retain lower level activity.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

If a raid gets killed I am not doing any more on it so no to idea #5 once I get my min in and it gets killed I will not waste resource. #3 No

3. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

just leave the raids alone be careful who you in vite enjoy get your levels spend your un and enjoy

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Totally, I was on my phone earlier when I posted my comment , but that is really the bottom line, and if we join a public one and it goes south, we get what we deserve.

5. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It already takes quite an effort to open one. You seem to want to limit the raids to spenders.

This opens the door for griefing/abuse. A bunch of people can lockout everyone else by opening a lot of raids. Especially with alts.

Another consequence is that slow/abandoned raids will become a big problem. If a raid is filled with non-serious players, it won't die, but just expire after a few days. During that time it will block a spot and serious players can do nothing about this.

5 total? That will make a lot of spenders upset and cost Kano a lot of money. Not saying that it is a bad idea, just not very realistic.

Do these get opened when the time is up? It seems like this would extend the event to run way longer.

So if 1 member doesn't play, the raid dies??? This is absurd.

1 too many, IMO.

6. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I think that opening a RAID already uses way too much energy and people already complain about that fact. Adding more to the cost of opening will only make fewer people interested in playing - especially on Kong LCN.

I found that there were a lot of RAIDS I was not in that my friends were in. Making it only 100 active would limit players who say signed on 12 hours after RAIDS started and could not get into any since that 100 would have already been reached. Also, if it was not for several players in a ton of RAIDS, most RAIDS in Kong LCN would have perished as I have said in other forum topics regrading RAIDS that it was because of a few players in KONG LCN that were spending on RAIDS that many RAIDS got completed as most players did minimum and nothing else. There are not a ton of players spending on RAIDS and it takes a lot of fp's to kill off all these RAIDS.

As I stated in idea #2, without a few players doing all the work for everyone else, many - and I mean MOST - RAIDS would go defeated in Kong LCN. If you limit those players to just 5 RAIDS at a time, you will hurt everyone else as I don't believe the other players will step it up and spend more. The RAIDS I saw perish were because everyone did minimum and were missing the few spenders in the RAID.

This would NEVER work. So many players already join and do 1 action and then disappear. Not sure what they are doing as they certainly cannot expect any sort of reward from one attack with one stamina. But they do. If a RAID party was killed and players were still trying to finish it off, to have to wait for that one player to do his one heal would kill the RAID. And what about scheduling? What if I sign on with my boosts ready to do some damage to the RAID but several players cannot get on until the next day? Timers on RAIDS might run out just waiting on trying to get everyone to do their heal. TERRIBLE IDEA since the loss of exp after a RAID is killed and having to make up all that lost ground is bad enough because of one jerk.

I do believe something should be done about players who kill RAIDS. Such as Leon on Kong LCN killed his RAID 4 times in a row after players had joined and started trying to complete it. The problem with the idea here is you are under the impression these players would care about being killed..... believe me, he had done this before and he had been listed more times than I can count for a couple of weeks. It had been several months and his friends tried to make the case that he had changed and we should give him a 2nd chance... we were stupid enough to believe it and we learned our lesson. Leon didn't care about dying and has been listed this time around more than a few dozen times. Players who kill RAIDS do not care. They do it most times purposely to piss people off. Killing a RAID twice (same RAID or two different RAIDS) should automatically block them from joining anymore. and killing RAIDS in two consecutive RAID events should block them for the next event. OR maybe a feature that you can as the RAID owner block a person from joining any of your future RAIDS : similar to a mute feature.

I think adding more players would help. 30 players seems like a lot but when you do the math - that is like 16 million damage per players on 500 million health. That is like 3500 or so stamina and 2500 energy. For tier 1 players, that is way toooo much. So what happens is the higher levels and mid tiers have to make that up. And for those few who actually do all the work on a RAID, it becomes like needing to do 70-100 million damage to make sure the RAID gets completed. Adding more players per tier at least on Kong would help a lot of these RAIDS get finished as another five tier 2 and five tier 3 would be another 50 to 100 million damage done even those ten just did minimum.

I hate to say this- but if Kong didn't want to add more players to a RAID, then make it TIER 1 and 2 combined. It is mostly the TIER 1 spots that don't get filled. And the TIER 1 spots that do get filled often times don't even do minimum. Or make it just 5 TIER 1 spots per RAID with 15 Tier 2.

I think everyone who does a certain amount of actions on a RAID should be guaranteed a Superior. Say the top 5 or something. Most of the time it is the TIER 3 players fighting for the superior doing all the work on the RAID while a TIER 1 or TIER 2 player does 3000 actions is #1 in his tier and gets the superior while three TIER 3 players all do more than 15,000 actions each and two get the common. It makes me not try as hard if I see certain players in the RAID with me as I know they will always do more than me for the Superior and they can out spend me.

This was just my opinion on your ideas with a little expanding maybe of my own thoughts.

Aapje likes this.