Raid Boss Exploit (IMPORTANT)

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by oXo Q u a n t u m oXo, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, so I think I am the first to find this I am un-sure.
    But I would rather not explain it here to due others being able to exploit it easily.
    It needs to be fixed ASAP or MWLCN is going to get owned by this exploit.
    You can contact me by email or skype whichever is easier and I will show how easy it is.

~Quantum

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No your not the 1st, and if "the change" in this area, they messed up again. Most won't know how, but don't tell anyone or all 2 know.

I hope watching this, which should even though weekend.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Well I doubt you'd know what I'm talking about, it's pretty well hidden but it'll take you a few hours of lookin for it to find it.
    I accidentally stumbled onto it while playing and was like LOLWAT, it's so easy to do but it'll break the game completely lmao.

4. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i doubt it. this was exposed in VC a while ago. and there are a number of other exploits that haven't "broken" the game yet.

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quantum I sent you a PM but if anyone else has info around this exploit please let me know as soon as you can. We always look to reward those who bring exploits to our attention.

6. Submitted ticket,
    Replied to Smack's PM.

7. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

so since there was a exploit ..and people pay money to buy weapons to beat people and stamina to beat bosses.. the people who just played the gamed correctly with out looking for "exploits" ..what is being done by KANO to correct the the levels gained by the exploits and weapons gained from the explored bosses..i recall 160 levels gained durning the raid boss by the person who started this post in what 18 hours.. then another killed 16 raid bosses by the person who noticed the leveling made by Q..Im sure kano can check gf used vs rewards and find who knowly used the exploit and used it as much as they could ..so much they spent there syn war alt refills allowance on it (cough,cough) .. Or Is it easier for Kano to just make me pay more money to keep up? .. So u notice an exploit and use it AND get rewarded? wtf? i also remember the post in the world chat ..which proves it was used by the posting party.. the raid boss stats were unreal and it was defiantly used.. So how does Kano make things fair to those of us who spent real money (like kano intended) instead of doing something someone knew wasnt right .. i mean 8 days and 333 levels..wow and doing more damage then me in less attacks.. this app is unreal.**************.Attn Kano hire that guy and pay him some real money id feel alot better continuing to buy Godfathers with someone like that checking your work******************

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  8. You're absolutely right, Mr. Pejchl

Jess and Daniel Pejchl like this.
  9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I can answer that question. Nothing. It's just like the other exploits that have been (and currently are) being used. I have never seen anything "taken away" from players. Once Kano is aware of an issue, they make an effort to put a stop to it, but that's it. At least you can take comfort in knowing that it won't be continuously abused in the future. And if there are continuing problems with a particular account, that account will be "retired".

10. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i hope this is fixed before it's rolled out to PC. i know there are players that will be taking advantage of this on server 2. i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Vito Corleone Family likes this.
  11. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

OMG nothing... really ..Then how do we know that these are honest mistakes and not favoritism.. they leave a loop hole letting favorites know.. they report it so everyone knows it is the exploit that is responsible for extra ordinary advances .. then they get to reward the person they leaked the exploit to.. using an exploit is a violation of the ToS the acct just started right before the raid boss started.. that person who could be for all we know the KANO programmer responsible.. the alt acct issue now i hear they do nothing to those who knowingly benefited from an exploit.. i think with the amount of money people pay maybe there are legal issues that need to be addressed here

12. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

Isnt the TOS a contract of sorts...Isnt it telling me kind of playing experience i am buying from them... im putting my money into their app based on what they are telling me what they are providing for me to play on.. here buy godfathers and invest time ,,here buy refills in tokens and compete for rewards in our contests ..buy stamina to try and win rewards in battle arena ..(look what happened in the battle Arena) the Alt problem is so bad they had to hide everyones link to prevent retaliations.. just to make BA marketable to the general populace again.. Then they do nothing when a "exploit" to correct the unfair gains made by those whom used it.. the same ones who also have alts that are beyond Kano power to police.. Are you kidding me so a person fills raid bosses with un police-able alts and uses the exploits with all the accts in the raid boss and we are expected to continue to shell out money.. Shell out money to try and compete. compete in level and strength and achievements. Are you serious. It HAS TO BE A SCAM .IF IT WASNT A SCAM THEY WOULD MOTIVATED IN INSURING ANY WRONGFULLY ACQUIRED GAINS FROM AN EXPLOIT, AN EXPLOIT ,THAT AS DESCRIBED IS TAKES KNOWLEDGE AND ACTIONS THAT ARE SPECIAL AND NOT REQUIRED FOR NORMAL GAMEPLAY . KNOWINGLY PARTICIPATED IN BY PEOPLE TO GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.(. SO THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS NOT AN INTENDED ACTION AND THAT IT GIVES THEM AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE ) THERE BY REQUIRING EVERYONE ELSE TO PAY UP AND PAY UP MORE TO KEEP UP..SO KANO LACK OF ACTION GAINS THEM MORE PROFIT THEN BY DOING SOMETHING ... AND THAT IS GROUNDS FOR A LAW SUIT .. THE WORDING NEEDS CORRECTED SOME SORT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT. HECK PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE .. PAIN AND SUFFERING .. THE STRESS OF TRYING TO COMPETE IN SOMETHING THAT NO MATTER WHAT A PLAYER DOES IF THEY FOLLOW THE TOS .. WHAT KANO IS SAYING THEY ARE PROVIDING IS UNATTAINABLE.. PEOPLE COMPETE TO WIN .. IF THERE IS NO CHANCE TO WIN WHY WOULD PEOPLE INVEST IN GODFATHERS OR HAVE TO SPEND MORE THEN ANOTHER TO ATTAIN THE SAME RESULT.. OH YEAH TIME AS WELL THE TIME WASTED NOT ONLY WOULD KANO ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL FUNDS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH THAT ARE ARE PROVIDING WHAT THEY SAY WILL.. THEY WOULD ALSO BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE TIME SPENT (WASTED) IN GOOD FAITH .... YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS THAT KANO WOULD RISK LEAVING THEMSELVES OPEN FOR SUCH LITIGATION BY SO ANY PLAYERS.. BY ALLOWING AN EXPLOIT.. AN EXPLOIT THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR .AND ACTUALLY EXPERIENCED PRIOR TO THE RAID BOSSES INTRODUCTION TO MW....THEY KNEW ABOUT IT AND IT WAS STILL THERE.. I HAVE HAD IT (IF THEY DONT ACT TO CORRECT THIS)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  13. Jess

Jess Active Member

I'd love to hear the whole story behind this one day... Hm...

Kano should take action against this. But unfortunately we all know they won't move their finger...
    Like Kirsten once said, after all, they're nothing but a small indie company, that can't afford to lose players, even if it means more botters/cheaters...

Also, I like pineapples.

14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

When you see something ,say something and the person did, and yes they are a small indie company and they did get in touch with the player who found it and if you think, there is only one exploit out there,you would be wrong, as soon as they get a handle on one,some DA finds another, that is very common for people to find these things,in online games, I have seen it in many games with other companies, and how do either of you know that Kano did nothing about it.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This exploit was cut off as soon as it was reported, so there's that. It was discovered by the OP who reported it to us, after which we found out what they were doing and closed it off.

When it comes to exploits in the game we do lift all of our fingers and place them on the keyboards to put a stop to them. Depending on the nature of the exploit, warnings are given out and if actions persist before the exploit is stamped out then measures are taken. If the exploit was particularly harmful, any ill-gotten gains from said exploit are removed. There was a case on a network last year where players were able to gain a lot of experience quickly; needless to say they did not keep that experience.

We always appreciate when exploits of any nature are reported to us and we move to get them out of the games as quickly as possible. If you or anyone you know has discovered an exploit please report it to us and if we are able to reproduce it and take actionable steps, we always say thanks in an appropriate manner. :)

Also be mindful to take with a grain of salt answers provided for Kano/Apps by people who aren't actually employed by Kano/Apps. ;)

Kirsten, Jess and Smack like this.
  16. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

what you have not said Mi7ch... is that after you closed this known exploit (this was exposed in VC a while ago) down.. that u checked to see who used it... u reference something from a year ago, what i didnt hear you say is...after you closed this exploit down ? ( If the exploit was particularly harmful, any ill-gotten gains from said exploit are removed) how is " particularly harmful" determined.. the length of time an exploit is avail ? how many people used it .. you're statement sounds good and all.. It still leaves alot of unanswered questions... 1st What is particularly harmful ? was this exploit particularly harmful" ?...

(what i wanted to hear you say is that after you shut it down u checked every raid boss to see how far the exploit had been taken advantage ). i dint hear that at all.

Can you change the damage done to a Raid boss once it has started? i doubt that would go over too well with players as they are trying to kill a raid boss to see the health go up ..

did you bother to check all raid bosses for this exploit ? (you never said in this case that happened)

If i am reading your post correctly you stopped the exploit , classified it as NOT particularly harmful . and that was the end of it...

Is that what happened ???

i just wanna make sure I understand what happened. and your response in this case,
    and why Kano does not remove any and all ill gotten gains from every exploit as a manner of practice ?

Thank You for shedding more light on this Issue

***How long after the raid boss opened did it take to shut down this exploit ? raid boss opened on 14 it was reported in here on the 15th ****

worse case what we as players looking at... it took a day to shut down an exploit on a very costly raid boss (great exp btw.. i like the raid boss) and after that nothing .. (no checking of opened bosses to see who and how many accts used the exploit) ..

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It would have been "particularly harmful" if a top or even mid level player could have gained as many levels as you stated above which was not the case. Therefore this was not particularly harmful at all. For any exploit we will evaluate the spread of the damage and if need be take restorative measures.

Raids are a brand new feature that scale to all levels of players and as you have noted there have been a few bumps along the way of rolling this out. We are human and capable of making mistakes but it is completely offside to jump to the conclusion that we allowed these exploits for a select few people. That is in no ones best interest at all. However we do incentivize anyone to be a good samaritan and report exploits they may find. That is just being neighbourly and we appreciate it.

JADES likes this.
  18. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Sounds interesting I want to know what the exploit was not that I'm gonna use it.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

To clarify a few things, this is not the same exploit that was found during the Viking Clan run. That exploit was removed for the LCN and any subsequent Raid Bosses.

I will provide more responses when I am in tomorrow morning.

JADES likes this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well said Smack and MItch, props.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.