[ZS] Protection Feature (Out of Date)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Mar 15, 2013.

1. How about this for a suggestion Mitch. Instead of making it where someone can use protect and then keep listing other faction members, make it so if someone uses protection they lose the ability to list anyone themselves. If it's a case where someone is getting bullied they should have no problem doing that since they arent doing anything to provoke it. If is someone that is abusing it, it stops them from provoking it or they have to deal witht he consequences of their actions for listing others.

kamikazeweasel and Jon Thomas like this.
  2. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

@American Nightmare - I like this idea. If they can't attack you and you can't retaliate then that means both of you get dropped off the rival squad list too as a bonus. +1 this idea.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No dear I have been playing for over 4 years

4. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

ohh the explains a bunch! Neat!

5. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

i like it nightmare :)

6. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

7. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

On Facebook, I've been listed twice by a protected player and I can't attack them. The protected is one level ahead of me and has been bountied 94 times including my 3. Something not right here.

8. Kirsten

Is the player under level 300 or playing less than 30 days

9. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

played 97 days and level 489

10. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

I think American Nitemare has the right idea of reducing the ability of protected players

11. Kirsten

How about we just get rid of the protection feature, and go back to the way it was .

12. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

We get it Kirsten, you don't want us to stop you from beating up on lower level players, but fact of the matter is new players deserve a fighting chance and you can't trust other players to stop taking advantage of them thats why there is systems like the "Protection" feature and threads like these discussing improvements too it.

13. Kirsten

Everyone gets beat on lowers also attack stronger players , no one is immune. If u keep healing and let someone beast on u to the extent that protection shows up that is on you

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey @American Nightmare can you go ahead and put that one up in Ideas? I'll toss it up to the devs, but I'd like to get a feel from the overall player base as well.

15. Kirsten

We can always play patty cake

16. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

Pattycake, pattycake, baker's man. Bake me a cake as fast as you can. Roll it and pat it and mark it with a B And put it in the oven for Baby and me. ur turn :p

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

Thats the problem though! You tick off someone higher level so they attack you and then boom you got protection status. Now you can pick on anyone without retaliation.

That Loophole in the current system is what were discussing here.

18. Kirsten

Nice ,was on my phone and didn't want to type that all out thanks for finishing it;)

RainSunGone likes this.
  19. Kirsten

I feel if some loser is gonna use the protection ,feature which I doubt I would ever use, they should not be able to go after a bounty on the person they are protecting themselves from, Protection has been abused by a few lower level weakazz players who go after stronger players with their cronies, like a pack of dogs and then when they are retaliated against the pull the protection card, thing is most of us know how many times to list someone or when to stop so they cannot use the protection ,feature,and those players are the types who abuse other features.

20. Kirsten

depending on the level they have to attack you 1,000 times I believe,are you actually gonna heal and let someone hit you and give you 1,000 losses just to get the option to use protection??

I have a player in VC who if I heal will attack me and has attacked me 1,000 plus but he loses he gave me three levels ,and used a boatload of stamina where I just kept clicking heal, I figure he set up and auto attack walked away from his computer not thinking I was playing and kept healing, it was hysterical yet boring as hell and I was on my phone.