PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Guess you haven't been around long enough to know when and why it was implemented, so maybe you need to research that :)

Old Salt and Jon Ward like this.
  2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I think most people dont have a problem with cagematches, and a minority try and push their own prerogative, when noones looking

3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Stop trying to fudge the issue. There are no personal attacks going on here. I'm simply stating my opinion as you are stating yours. Seems to me your only defense of cagematching is to scream that others don't like losing. That's not good enough. You cannot defend it on any other grounds, and the one you have chosen is shaky at that.
    I never complained about losing cagematches. That is something you and a few others keep repeating and I guess now you have convinced yourselves of it. You want to bail out of the thread because you can't defend what your trying to keep that's one thing, don't try to cover your tracks with talk of trolls and haters.

4. Kirsten

No I was just curious cause this change if anything should change would not even affect you for a very long time, and I do know you are not a dev,admin or mod,Sorry ,I missed your earlier response to my question,been busy today :)

5. George Burd

I dont want to lose cages for the one and only reason it lets me plan out health as I battle people so I can kill them, doesnt matter what lvl i am I want to be able to kill them.

6. Kirsten

Ok everyone calm down, we are having a debate/discussion,we all have our opinions, and we are all entitled to them,and the fact of the matter is it is not up to any of us, in the end, It is up to Kano whether they make any changes to the games for "any" feature.

George Burd likes this.
  7. Kirsten

First off George,I forget what level you are in Kong,and on FB I know and I know you wouldn't even be affected by this particular change, if it were to happen.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes thanks for the reminder @Kirsten :)

For the most part this discussion has been on point, which is why I haven't stepped in yet; however as passionate as we are about the games our emotions do tend to get the better of us. I haven't seen anything yet in this thread that is worth removing or locking it over and I'd like to keep it that way.

Other than that I'm liking the different view being presented. Nothing out of my dev ping from yesterday, though. I'll pester them about it and hopefully have something further for you tomorrow or early next week.

9. George Burd

even if it doesnt affect me now it will someday, Ill compromise make a stamina slider that effects the damage given, so I can control the health like a cage and get the kill :) lol

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Kirsten

11. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

If you can't kill someone with a regular attack what makes you think caging is going to work for you. It's not. Plus as much as all of us have been enjoying going back and forth on this subject. Last time i checked all of the ones who want a change in caging whether they voice here or somewhere else on facebook they are daily players. Your no longer a daily player on pc fb. You come out with a bounty fest and that pretty much it for your lopsided character you built there.

Old Salt likes this.
  12. George Burd

I still play pc daily and again in now way is my old char even lopsided def or att? where do you get this

13. Kirsten

Good point Jon, how about we ask for this change on FB, since George plays on Kong anyway and that is a new network and PC has only been there for a about a year, Yeah that sounds good for me, just change it on FB which has been around for many years. :) Sounds like a good compromise to me :)

14. George Burd

and how long will that last 3 months?

15. Kirsten

Don't know I am not a mind reader, just thought it is a good idea, since the platforms are so differents one is social one is not one is brand new one is years old, one has alot of players one has very little players, so big differences. Actually I thought you would like that compromise since he won't affect you at all . :)

George Burd likes this.
  16. George Burd

if it was set up as to not affect kong/armor and not too in future then yes I would be ok with it but Mi7ch would have to make a blood vow lol

17. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Have you not followed my conversation on this thread the whole time. I can care less about the other platforms. I have said constantly facebook . And i at least said lock it out once all achievements have been obtained even for the new players who come into the game. Achievements have been there. You can't take that aspect from someone. But you can lock the feature as they have done to us when we first started playing the game. Certain features were locked out until you reached that level. Same can go for the caging. All achievements obtained it gets locked out.

Kirsten and Old Salt like this.
  18. George Burd

Blood Vow from Mi7ch lol

19. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I think that is the most sensible plan I've heard and hope that KANO would use this as a sort of mainframe for how to proceed if they decided that higher levels should not be cagematching in a game that was set up for attack. Instead of a set level just lock it out after all achievements have been completed. That way cagematching can fulfill what it always was meant to be, just a vehicle for newer players till they got their sea legs.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. George Burd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.