PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReeferC

ReeferC Member

Agreed, when I put all skills into stam and health I knew I would lose battles and die...alot, but you can't win them all anyways. I figured dump some on strength so I can atleast have a chance to win a fight when attacking.

George Burd likes this.
  2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Give me a break. PVP fighting? Cagers? High level cagers caging you and hiding is PVP interaction to you guys eh?

George Burd likes this.
  3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

its a pvp action if you didnt build to handle it, thats not their fault

4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

shutting all pvp down isnt solving the problem it is avoiding it and people may be arguing but that is fine they are just expressing their opinions is all. and because people are arguing it needs to go... look at any government by your reasoning since they are always arguing then shut it down and get rid of it... isnt that just taking the easy way out and avoiding it entirely?

5. Aletha A Tjaden

Aletha A Tjaden New Member

it seems to me some people are angry at the raid levelers and want to punish them by getting rid of the cage matches lol boo hoo

6. bighoof

bighoof Member

Well another perfect example of a raid leveler...got himself into range .....sends clan invite....cause he can't beat me....decline...keeps trying to tap me.....then actually catch him online ....beat his health down.....he now hides

Old Salt likes this.
  7. bighoof

bighoof Member

And then a guy campaigning for change in a format that he doesn't even play anymore

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Old Salt

I leave my health up when I go offline. And I guess hit and hide is a strategy also to some. Some "war mode" that is. Pretty pathetic if that's what's going on. You guys really do have a strange definition of what fighting actually is.

9. Old Salt

Can you please explain how "all pvp" is being shut down if people lose the caging option once they hit level 8000?

10. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

It's there for years, it's part of the game. Some people built their character to cage, so what. Those who lose against a cager and don't like it built a wrong character, not the cager.

George Burd likes this.
  11. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

sorry forgot to quote the person, there was a post a couple before mine that i responded to

12. Cagematches are a feature everyone should be using as they please. They are also limited at 50 / day. So what are we talking about here? Should we give some more unrequired advantage to high level players that are older in the game, if we think of it as an advantage for them. I bet those "cagers" seem that they have an advantage now at least. There may be players that played for years now with full clan, but it's their choice how they build up their character... they may want an advantage on cagematches rather then in clan power. "I see no problem there, I'll actually take this as an advantage for myself." said a great hunter a long time ago.
    Cagematches are not even a threat. they are not going to get any more achievements after they reach a certain insignificant amount of cagematches, so it shouldn't bother you. While they cage and gain nothing only lose their resources, one that fights with battle attacks continue to grow their number of wins to reach higher achievements. If you don't want to lose (it's a high goal I know) find a strategy to overcome that. ** Put SP in defense this would be a basic ** You have advantages on them because you made your build that way. Let them have their so called "advantages" as well by setting up their build as they see fit. This way the game is more balanced, not everyone has to pick the same road of building up.
    Cagematchers for me are an advantage. This should also be for every fighter in this game.

Also: Where is that idea that cagematches role was to help low levels hold their own, or to level up, or other things like that?... they give crappy xp (half a battle does or less) and it's caped at 50 / day on a player. Who would even be able to do something with that?! Come on guys, get real! Find new solutions! Adapt to the environment! The game changes, therefore you should also find ways to make this work in your favor rather than complaining about every little thing that get you out of your comfort zone. This is a game after all, is meant to be played not to sleep in it.

George Burd likes this.
  13. Yes I agree many do not like the leveling others are doing on the raids, but lol it is only making them weak for their level unless they happen to be doing all the other "homework". If ya level that fast it is kinda impossible to keep up IMO. From experience I have seen those who raid leveled needed to get 4-5K level past me before they could win and or I would lose. Gives me a chuckle when they lose and doesn't break my spirit if I lose to someone that far past me. I see the ranking is askew now and surely it bothers some.. too bad. It's was ok when those peeps did 5K hits daily, all with their Very Own Digits (ROTFL) I am sure they didn't use any type of "aid" because THAT would NOT be right :p (Hah!) I am caged daily by a pirate who has passed me in levels.. he still loses all of them and yes it is pesky but he wont stop and well, I can get my silly dailies in. I still dont want the cage option to be removed as I like to use it myself for gaining battle kills. If someone built a pirate that sux it's their own problem, just worry bout your own and adapt. Why must we change the game every time someone doesn't like something? Boo Hoo life ain't EZ! If changes are to be made let it be to furthur crafting or add new locations or perhaps even Put the arena back the way it was bec it sux now and Saturday is a STUPID day to have it :) I stopped playing it bec I am not giving up premium family time to sit on the computer. I would rather get up in the middle of the night than give up personal recreational time. :)

Reefer and George Burd like this.
  14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have never been a supporter of fast leveling ,be it with raids or that 5 K nonsense, cause 75% of the time it leaves those players weak, so they become hit/hider/cagers as a default.

Hungry like the wolf likes this.
  15. Kirsten

Do you play on FB?? if you play on any platform other than FB, getting full clan is gonna be a problem, so for anyone on Kong/Armor or deadspace, that is an issue and would have nothing to do with when someone started playing or if someone spends or does not spend.

16. Kirsten

I say add cagematches to all the games let everyone have cagematches and everyone be able to use 75 counters/ambushes, whatever you call them in all the games. Fun for all,then see how many will enjoy the feature,why should PC be the only game with cagematches, we all have raids, so we need to all have cage matches, so the raid levelers can cage long time players, yeah that's the ticket.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    Old Salt likes this.
  17. Old Salt

Cagematching was altered once already and that is the point. It used to be you attacked someone who cagematched you got crap XP (around 15 XP or so) because they had no crew because they didn't need any. They had no defense because they didn't need that either. They relied on the fact that no one would attack them because of the crap XP you got for doing it. So they would load up on attack and cagematch the crap outta ya. It was unlimited then, the amount of attacks.
    KANO finally moved in and saw how the feature got out of hand. So they upped the XP payout you got for attacking a cager no matter how little crew they had and they limited it to 50 attacks a day. The devs said back then in a facebook forum we used to have that they realized cagematching was really a mistake. It was just meant to be a secondary option for people, not to build their pirate around it. That's where that comes from.
    It still is a secondary option. And it's presence at higher levels really is a hindrance to character development. People rely too much on it. That's my argument. It needs to be done away with after a certain level.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  18. Old Salt

You know, this "some never want to lose argument" that you guys are trying to push in defense of caging is ridiculous. Who really cares about losing cagematches? That's not the point. What is the point is that people are using caging as a substitute to fight. They can't win one way so they will use a secondary feature to do it. I could care less about my cagematching record. I don't cage. Any wins or losses I have (and I have thousands of more wins) came from others caging me. My focus is my wins and losses in my attacks. My opposition to caging (especially at higher levels) is that it rewards those who are too lazy to build a competitive pirate.

And who is crying about a fast leveler. I'm pointing out that they are weak. Which they are. I've had some of these raiders have to get thousands of levels above me before they can actually win a fight without a boost. That's the way they want to play so be it. They are cannon fodder and I enjoy beating the crap out of each wallet that passes me by in levels racing to nowhere. I just don't like that cagematching is rewarding them for it. If they can't win attacking that's their problem. Don't give them a fallback option.

Back when they first restricted cagematching from what it used to be there were plenty of people, as there are now, who were opposed to it. That was in a facebook forum where many more participated in active discussion about the game. You're just not going to get that in the forum here though I wish we did. On all subjects. But there is plenty of opposition to caging out there. Other people who play in other games want no part of it and are always asking what the hell cagematching is and why it's needed. To them it just seems like a cheap way to play the game. Which it is. In more ways than one.

I would hope that the devs reading this thread do see that real points are being made by those opposed to cagematching while the other side are doing really nothing more but trying to spam this thread with weak arguments defending it. You say you guys like to fight but you don't and that's the issue. You cage. You don't fight. It's a fighting game get used to it? You guys really have no right to use that phrase because you don't fight. You cage. And hide.

bighoof likes this.
  19. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I think you need to go back to your game and quit crying that your going to lose the oppurtunity of caging players here shortly because your using loopholes in building a one sided character. And it is going to happen sooner or later. Raids has brought this issue back to the front of the line for many in the game. And it's only going to be a matter of time before it reaches the higher players way above us and we are at near 10k in level almost or higher for some. I am talking about the players who throw more money then me and you into the game over the years. And once they catch those players your caging is going to come back up again because its the only way those players will win against those who have been in those levels for years and not a few months of level raiding.

Old Salt likes this.
  20. Kirsten

One question ,what platform and what level are you,we are talking about high level players nothing more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.