[FB] Overzealouos Censoring / Filtering

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Shaun Mannings, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Shaun Mannings

Shaun Mannings New Member

Just to say I called my Battle Arena Cucumber Sandwich and if has been altered to CuXXXber Sandwich. Does it do the same for Scumbag, Scunthorpe etc. A tad excessive me thinks or it just be lazy programing not accounting for the exceptions.

2. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Ah, ye good olde filtering troubles.

I think it's a pretty simple problem, which would take too long to stamp out for Kano. Too many words contain certain letter groups, like "ass" in Assassin or glass or others. And finetuning the the filter to allow words with "forbidden" letter groups would take insanely long. The time spent on getting all exceptions allowed can most likely be measured in months, and that's only taking English into account.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yeah, overactive filters are a problem for pretty much every gaming company out there. Most of the time when a word is censored the intention of the word itself is fairly innocent, but you always get people trying to sneak naughty words and phrases into the names.

If you think you're being unfairly censored, please contact Support and explain the situation to them. Tuning the filters is an ongoing project, and we expect to get these bumps smoothed out eventually. :)

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member