out of XP range

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Angel, May 29, 2010.

1. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Better just stick to castle age mate, I have a feeling your not going to get anywhere in mob wars ;)

2. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If all you set are counter attacks against a player and they attack you, the counter attack count will go up in their rival list but if you are out of their range it will not keep resetting the retaliation window. If they are attacking you, you are likely showing up on their fight list or they have bookmarked your profile for another reason. Showing the # of counter attacks against can be used for strategic information.

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Traps defend against hitlists by killing the hitlister.

Ambushes defend against attacks by giving a large defense boost.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

What many things?

5. sparky1968

sparky1968 New Member

dont play mob wars

sorry dont play mob wars kept freezing

6. sparky1968

sparky1968 New Member

days

actually if you dont play after a certain amount of days say 90 days like it is in gang wars, and you start up again, do you start up with a clean slate ( at the begining)

7. RuNnYoOzE

RuNnYoOzE New Member

on which game?

8. MOJO1916

MOJO1916 Member

Not intirley true

should you ambush them even 1 the timer starts again when they return..and they could take 4 - 24 hrs to return there by giving a time span of 48 hrs
    so while you leave and think your 24 hrs is up if u set an ambush or booby trapp the 24 hrs starts again..

better to leave them at it..no ambush no booby..if it was a mistake hit

if it was a deliberate attack

attack away ..even if ur losing..you will hit a red screen ..saying exhausted any exp
    keep going untill you get
    pick someone else to fight with..YOU THEN HAVE A DEFINITIVE 24 HRS CLEAR

or better still ..choose wisely

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

This is not true, an ambush or booby trap does not restart the retaliation timer, it will increment the appropriate count on the rivals list but it does not reset the retaliation timer.

Retaliation timers are only started on an act of aggression (attack, punch, hitlist).

10. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

This person attacks me nonstop, but I've never once attacked back. I set up 5 ambushes, though (they were incredibly cheap for some reason). He attacked me and hit the ambush every time. Then he healed and attacked again until I was dead. So when I go to set another ambush, it reads "This person has 32 attacks on you in 12 hours. You have 5 attacks on this person in 8 hours." Even though I haven't attacked him, your system says I have. And when I asked him why he kept coming back day after day to attack me, he says it's because I show up in his rivals list, even though (he will agree) I have never attacked, punched, or hitlisted him. I only set up ambushes after a few days of logging on to find he had attacked me 50 times throughout the day. In total, I've set up probably 20+ ambushes on him alone, over the span of a week. And every single day, I was on his rivals list because of a defensive move and not an act of aggression.

Edit: I could kind of understand if a booby trap got you a spot on their rivals list, only because it actually kills the person putting out the hit. An ambush doesn't kill, I don't think. But with a booby trap, that's a bit more serious... if somebody killed me, they'd certainly be my rival.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  11. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

What is your level and the other players level? You don't have to be on the rival list for a player to keep attacking you. If you are within XP range of each other, you could be showing up on the battle/fight list everyday. An Ambush can kill you depending on your health level when you're hit with one.
    The 5 attacks the system is showing you is the ambushes you set, they are counted as attacks.
    Per the help section under Rival Squads: 6. Successful ambushes count as an attack against your opponent.

On a personal note, I find it fun to blow through someones counters/ambushes they set all the time. If for no other reason, it's because I can. Especially when I know that once I get through all the counters/ambushes I'm going to beat them down anyway. There have been players that I've played this way with & they eventually figure out a way to up their defense & get stronger.
    Then they come back for me.
    I love the strategy. It's all part of the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  12. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

I'm aware that I would show up on his Fight list since we were close in levels to begin with. But he TOLD me he was only attacking me because I was on his rivals list whenever he logged on. And while I may be able to gain levels and add skill points to my defense (which I certainly did), it's not like he can't gain levels and raise his attack strength.

And while you may find it amusing to repeatedly attack people that are weaker than you, not all of us enjoy being the victim of it.

Edit: And yes, I know that an ambush counts as an attack. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you didn't read my post at all before responding to it. I was simply stating that it SHOULDN'T count as an attack, since it technically isn't an attack.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  13. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I did read your post completely. You said you have not attacked him but have set up ambushes. I don't see anywhere in your post that an "ambush shouldn't count as an attack."

As far as an Ambush or Counter Attack not counting as an actual attack, I have to disagree on this point. An Ambush is a concealed attack even by it's true definition.

And yes, I find playing the game amusing and fun. All of these games are fighting games.. I attack those who are on the battle list, hitlist or players who come & attack me.. Like many other players, I don't even look at who I'm fighting.. I see numbers & levels.. I may hit once or twice & if I lose obviously I'm not strong enough to win.. I look at what I can improve upon, stop hitting & move on.. I may come back later after leveling, assigning skill points, buying better weapons etc.. If I win & am gaining XP then I'll put you in the hospital & move on to the next.. If I hit you day after day, it's because you appear on the battle list or are on my rival list. If you are a low level & drop off my rival list then I cant attack again until you initiate contact.. it's nothing personal. It's just a game. :)