November 19th- Alfheim - Godly Trials (Unlocked at Level 2650)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

DEVs when it was mentioned on here that you had made a mistake on the pricing of the new empire, mistake was one thing it wasn't. What it did do, was rectify the cock up you made in the pricing of the legendary warriors and weapons. It would have made people start to use them instead of sitting there as a waste of space on our pages.
    I don't think you will listen to this and change it back as what I am saying will not fit in with the mess you are trying to make of this game.
    How daft, that a good change in the game was a mistake.
    Could you please give me my coins back, the empire that I upscaled, asap, as I am now losing even more coins.
    Please don't write and tell me that it will be ok as there's another boss coming in, what a joke.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Amen to that Mike!!!!! The upgrades r great.....but they r way less important than fixing the mistakes that were made and that have adversely affected r bottom lines and decision making. We have worked way to hard getting to where we r to be penalized for no fault of our own. Its amazing how quickly that Kano was able to pull everything back.....but we r yet to even hear from them now

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

There was an error with the data entry, as soon as we realized the error we fixed it. Some realized that it was or could of been an error due to the 10x increase from the last location. We could not leave the 10x increase as it would have introduced a large imbalance. I will get the team to review the incomes for that level and see if any other adjustments are warranted, if they are adjusted they will got up slightly but not 10x.

If you feel that this fix "ruined" or impacted your game negatively, firstly I apologize and secondly write in to support and we will handle each case on an individual basis but unfortunately we cannot return the income to the level that it was at before because it was a mistake and would impact the game negatively in the long run.

4. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

Hi Eric, I have already written to support a few hours ago, as yet have received no reply, how is this a mistake and why would it affect the game negatively, returning it back to what it was when you introduced it, because people could afford your legendry warriors? Like I said its obvious that you would not listen, you rarely do. But can you at least do something useful and chase them up to get my coins and empire back to what it was before your latest mistake? You know what I've spent and you know what I adjusted. Thanks again Eric, nice.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We aim to have 24-hr responses, I need to sync up with support to let them know what happened and how to proceed so it may take a little longer to resolve.

I understand your frustration but stating that we rarely listen when it is related to new content that was released because of the fact that we did listen to feedback from previous content released, and the only reason we have these forums and developer involvement is to listen to give players a chance to be heard. We make mistakes and decisions that you may not agree with or be frustrated by, but at the end of the day we always listen and look for solutions that are for the best of the game and all players.

Just so everyone understands the magnitude of people effected:

11 players on Facebook bought new properties, of those 11 only 2 bought a large amount over 100.

9 players on MySpace bought new properties all below 50 each.

2 players on Hi5 both below 50 properties.

That being said we will work with each on an individual basis to find a resolution.

6. Eddie

Eddie Member

@Kendall

Thanks for putting things into perspective for those who are complaining. We appreciate that you are looking into this. I personally think that people are just making a big deal out of nothing. I would say just leave it as it is.

7. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

Eddie, if you'd have spent what I spent, then you wouldn't be saying that, but then you probably couldn't afford to spend what I've spent, might be better to concentrate on the game, then you'd be able to. Or am I wrong about you, coz you certainly are about me, you just sound like another of those players that have no game of their own, pity. Go and creep round the DEVs on a different link, thanks Eddie.
    Eric you say you listen to what people say on here, so why did you not answer my question when I asked "how would it affect the game negatively?". Also you are trying to insinuate that it is a low number of people affected, let me assure you that some of the people it has affected, have been affected in a big way. That said if it is so few people it shouldn't take too long to sort. Am I right? Thanks Eric.

8. Eddie

Eddie Member

@Mike Ketil

I am #4 on the leaderboard on vc, so I am pretty sure I spent much more then you, you don't see me whining about it?

9. Lol just keep spending all good Kano will give more better game and if You ALL keep spending will 5th Apps will come out :cool:

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Eddie, FYI Mike is level 5153 on FB, and has been impacted big time: I saw his bounty rise large (over 4T) and he might have seen mine rise large as well.

Personally, I will take the matter privately with Kano.

11. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

Yes I did.

12. Eddie

Eddie Member

ROFL sounds like someone busted their credit card out when this update came out LOL

Keep supporting Kano.

Dont forget people, just because you spend $200-$400 a month on VC, it does not make you a higher priority to the developers then anybody else. You are donating to Kano, not buying a service.

13. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

I think you will find Eddie that you have made another mistake, I am no big spender I just play the game well, and I dont think I'm more important than other players, only more important than you. I wont give the reason, I think you know that don't you?. LMAO

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Leaving the income at 10x would impact the economy of VC negatively which would lead to several undesirable changes, for example bounty prices of players above 2650 would have a 10x jump potential.

It was a mistake, the dude that entered the data got trigger happy on the 0's, I have the players that bought the most properties and proposed a solution. Once I have a solution, I will introduce it here and go through all accounts that purchased at the 10x income and apply the same discount / "fix" to all players.

15. ok never mind about income problem some one just told me what happen ... lol !

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  16. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Mike Ketil is one of the most honourable viking clan players out there period. He has near 20,000 bounties, His hoard was 500T and went down to 400T. All of which is something you get via earning it in the game. His stats and manner of carrying on in the game speak to the deeds he has done. Like him or not, he has respect in the FB VC game. His stats speak. Your words are ignorant. Totally. If there was a combined game, there would be nothing left of you. As is, there is nothing left of you.

17. Eddie

Eddie Member

@Kel

Well thanks for letting me know who he is, I just assumed it was some low level. His stats are impressive, sorry for coming across rude earlier.

18. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I understand why it would be difficult to fix some of the facebook players issues ....as it sounds as if what they did was much more involved than what i did. What I dont understand is....Why is Kano publishing what players did and what they bought? Why didnt they notify us before they just yanked it back?

Im just gonna deal with the fact I got penalized for their mistake...Im not going to waste my time dealing with Kano, when i need to be playing...trying to make up for what I lost. The fact that Kano is trying to rectify the situations is great....but it does nothing in regards to the wasted time and headaches brought on by the mistake. Once again...for the most part I think Kano has done a great job with the app....and r definitely more accessible than others out there. I believe that it was an honest mistake....A mistake that affected a very small segment of the players....thats why I think that all the players affected should receive something in addition to a"fix" for their trouble

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We plan to go through all those accounts impacted and give a 50% discount on properties that were purchased when the error of 10x income was live.

This credit should fairly compensate those that sold property or bought more than what they would have normally, it also allows us to treat every case the same and quickly credit those players impacted with coins.

If there are no major concerns, I will likely try to get it done tonight.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member

Thanks Kendall, you got a thick skin lol