New Feature Desired - Block Player

Discussion in 'Rejected Ideas' started by MastroML, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

This Idea has been brought up many times before with mixed opinions. Lets get some more votes on this one. I wonder if it is more higher level players voting no and lower level players voting yes?

2. Lil Jonny

Lil Jonny Member

I am a level 500 voting NO, and I personally don't think its a higher level vs. lower level its more of each persons mentality. I think you will see the majority voting yes will be of mixed levels but take things too personally when been killed etc and see it as a set back to there game instead of been fun and the players who say no play for the war aspect.

Without black listings things get solved a lot quicker because the bigger groups can fight effectively and is costly and big dramatic wars are less common because in a typical war situation users will black list the strongest and it will just an endless war which then in turns becomes nasty and personal.

I think if you do decide to introduce this feature then it does need a lot of snags and rules to it so your not just black listing for your groups gain.

People need to understand and look at this game as a real mob, you can't just live in a glass house.

3. Adrian Curti

Adrian Curti New Member

Thanks but I do not go play mob wars do something about the game if I did not delete it because it goes

4. Bubba

Bubba Member

You can do things to prevent the bully. If you haven't figured it out yet, then you will. Just think of the counters you can place and the lower the level you are, the more counters you can place (unless Kano changed that rule). Once you are killed, just do not heal and they can't list you again. You can do lots of those other things while you are dead, so take advantage of it. You should be able to gain back the XP from being killed very quickly (at the most, it takes me 15 clicks of the mouse button).
    You have the option to ask for help in fighting the person and you have an armada that will help as well. You should be able to turn the tables on the bully by either, 1.Counters and strategy, 2. Getting larger group to attack the bully or 3. Peace talks.
    Blocking a player would be fine if it just affected you, but it also affects the other player. If this option was implemented, it would really hurt the higher level players as the battle list is very limited, even if you keep a clan of non active players. There just is not a lot of players that achieve the top 10 (only 10, hahahaha) and if you are in there, you most likely have had to fight lots of others. If a few of those people you fight do a "block" then it really limits the bounties you can get, pirates you can fight and slows down your game and might even make some give up the game.
    So use the options you have been given to do a "block" on those that you think are bullies.

5. Angels Kiss

Angels Kiss Member

Excellent points :) The game is great fun, and I have made some great buddies. But, the strange ellement exists. There are weirdo's in the game, end of. People who think it's fun to bully and spoil. Not in my nature unfortunatley. I do my points and move on. :) I have no interest in bookmarking someone. That would be boring and a little bit weird. Unfortunatley, some people think this is acceptable. It's not. If that person is removed from FB, ie blocked, they should not have access in a game on FB. Someone on this thread, and I notice the comments have now gone, kept asking for my link. Why!!! It's a game. Enjoy, but give up the stalking. It's not normal nor is it nice. You have been FB blocked for a reason :) If I can FB block, I shoud be able to game block too :)

6. Lil Jonny

Lil Jonny Member

[​IMG]

Say Blacklist again. Say Blacklist again, I dare you, I double dare you **********, say Blacklist one more Goddamn time!​

7. Chris Mend

Chris Mend New Member

For the block to work the bully should be a certain number of levels above. I am pretty sure tho that after the bully is blocked the blockers will start running their mouth either on world speaker or bosses trying to act tough. I've seen those scenerious before
    Lol

8. cosmic

cosmic Member

Rated 1 - like others have said previously, the only way out is to get stronger and retaliate when ready. Blocking a user doesnt make much difference as you will get bullied by other players when they find out you're vulnerable. Its part of any fighting game really.

9. Angels Kiss

Angels Kiss Member

Another good point :cool:

10. Angels Kiss

Angels Kiss Member

True. I am going to follow the excellent advice I received from Das. I really do enjoy the game, can't say any other. I must do, I've been playing it for over 2 years :D:D

11. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

I swear by bounty traps. They're the best deterrent I know of. If every time a person tries to bounty you they get killed by your trap, they quickly learn that you're not that much fun to play with *cackle*

12. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I think the vote thus far pretty much says it all.

It may very well be a lower n higher level thing that separates most opinions and with good reason....the higher levels were once lower levels themselves and had to tough these things out to get where they are. In fact...the players that have played the longest had it much worse, there are many more protections, limits and restrictions in place today to protect the lower levels then there ever was back in the day. One has to wonder if all the whining from the lower levels even though they have had a much easier go of things has caused resentment and very little tolerance for the lower levels which has actually led to much of the bully like tactics from some of the higher leveled players. Personally I think there are already to many limits in place to protect the lower levels...I dont know how many times Ive seen players whining that they their getting over attacked and come to find out its like 20 times in 24 hrs...its sad really.

maybe Kano should have 2 versions of each game, a softer gentler one where players can live in peace and harmony while painting each others nails and exchanging recipes while the other one is a "no holds barred" game about teamwork, strategy and whooping each others asses while trying to accumulate the best stats we can in the process. Just a thought.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  13. While I understand bullying and harassment in the game, I don't agree with the idea.

If someone is putting you on the hitlist repeatedly, stay on his/her profile and bounty trap them as soon as you see them die. Do this until they give up.

If someone is repeatedly attacking you, use your stamina boosts to lay counter attacks until they give up. Hopefully they give good experience. In VC, around level 1200, I was being attacked repeatedly by 2-3 rivals. I just hid in the hospital till they got offline, and then when my boosts recharged, I attacked them to let them know I healed, then I laid counters while they kept attacking. I gained several levels from these rivals just blindly attacking counters that were being replaced just as quickly as they were being destroyed.

And if all else fails, just build your defense up. If they want to attack you repeatedly, profit from it with wins and experience with a high defense.

What if someone bounties the blocked player? You wouldn't be able to collect on that bounty. That would be annoying as well.

It's a wishful idea, but one that wouldn't really help out the game at all.

14. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

Its true what polish said.
    I was once a low level player when the games started on hi5. We didnt have the opportunity the small levels have now. I remember we only had bosses up to Bangkok to get items from. It was a struggle to get good equipment. The players starting now got an unlimited supply of good bosses to build up their character. So they got it better in every way possible. Also back then the counters DID NOT get you xp, they DO now.
    So stop crying and just play! Its a lot easyer now.
    Now i find myself a small level player again on Facebook so i can take advantage of everything this time...

15. pineappledog

pineappledog Member

LMFAO!

Well put, I could see the point of this idea if you were only allowed to block one person at a time for a reasonable amount of favour points if they really are constantly harrassing you long term but even out of the people voting yes I would imagine most just want to block all their rivals!

16. Deltan

Deltan Member

Looks like the answer is no on this one, rejected.