[ZS] New Chat Groups

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

New revision of in-game chat has been released. Updates include:

-private/public groups
    -allow/disallow invite requests
    -friend and faction inviting
    -join/leave/request group list interface
    -css only design

Try it out and send us any feedback or suggestions in this thread!

**Update
    -message type is now saved even on new opened tabs
    -history of group chat shown on join
    -stability fixes in group chat

2. Eraser

Eraser Member

You shoudl be able to be in more than one group at a time. Its not as big of a deal for Public groups that you can join and leave as you wish, but if you're in a private group, and want to ditch out and go mingle in one of the public ones, you would then have to reqest to rejoin your private group.

3. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I think this set up is heaps better. I was forever sending group invites before when i miss clicked trying to look at someones profile.

4. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

So if your group is public it cost speakers to post? I just made a group and posted in it to find the post didn't go in the group at all, it went into world chat. I didn't even have World Chat or Faction turned on at the time.

5. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

groupchat.jpg

:D I've done the same before when the "chat with faction" option appeared :)

6. Survival Streak 0

The ability to delete the group you've made would come in handy :) I assumed that if I left and the group was empty it'd be auto deleted lol

Edit: lol this would be a good idea as I made a group chat on myspace called "Let's Kill Shit" it seems the group names aren't censored...and now I've pointed that out...it will most likely be abused lol

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  7. Survival Streak 0

It would also be better if when you selected to send message to group it was saved/remembered whenever refresh or open new tab...i keep accidently using speakers :p

8. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I assumed that if you had the other chats off then it would automatically post in the chat you had on, it makes sense for a lot of the random comments posted in chat.

I also didn't know you could only be in one group at a time, that just plain sucks. I wouldn't have even started a group if i had of known that.

9. Survival Streak 0

Yeah would be good to be able to be in more than one at a time....I reckon it'd be tricky though.

After clicking menu for selecting where you want your message to go...what then? a sub menu when you hover over groups so you could select which group your message would goto?

[​IMG]

this is what i'd imagine (excuse the crappy graphics, i done it in paint lol)

10. Eraser

Eraser Member

Please make the selector sticky!!!!

I have posted to the world TWICE now trying to put in my group. If it stayed on what i wanted it to be, that would be sooo helpful. thank you.

11. Survival Streak 0

I 2nd this....I purposely wasted all my speakers to stop this happening :p

12. Here are a few problems I've found with the new Group Chat.

1... People seem to be confused about how to post to the group and are posting to World Chat by accident.

2... When you open a new tab/window you are defaulted back to posting into World Chat.
    (when clicking a link in Group Chat the link opens in a new tab and the user is defaulted back to world chat)

3... Previously posted messages aren't displayed when a user joins a Group Chat. This makes it appear that the chat is inactive and starts the chain of events that causes no-one to post to the chat.

13. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Hey Midnight, I moved your thread here so we had all the feedback in one place. I really should have linked this thread in the post, sorry, but thanks for the feedback!

14. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks for the feedback updates are as follows:

-message type is now saved even on new opened tabs
    -history of group chat shown on join
    -stability fixes in group chat

15. Eraser

Eraser Member

Thank you!

16. Survival Streak 0

Thank you, the ability to close/delete a group you've made still needed though :D

Looking at facebook there 4 groups of the same name, the person made it private first...then a public one...then another, and another lol

Looking at myspace I see the group i made is still there too "Let's Kill Shit" lol still uncensored :D