Myspace Update June 12 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Good morning everyone,

As you're probably aware by now, the old Myspace shut down last night. This was a surprise move on their part as they removed game support after business hours. Fortunately, the developers here at Kano/Apps responded quickly, so even though we were caught unawares, we've accelerated our plans to counter this unexpected move by Myspace.

The Kano Play Myspace site, which originally had a targeted launch date at the end of the week, should hopefully be going up today. That's the current strategy right now, and you will be updated if that changes. Players who registered before Myspace closed down will be able to start playing as soon as the Kano Play site is up.

There was a bit of an issue with the email campaign we talked about, so while it did start going out yesterday we had to stop it to fix a bug. The email campaign has restarted and if you changed your email address or had a current one associated with Myspace then you should receive an email in short order.

If you did not register with the Kano Play site beforehand and don't receive an email by tomorrow morning, please send a message through Support. Please bear in mind that due to the volume of requests that will be coming in that response time will be slower than normal, but we will get to everyone in turn.

To summarize: Myspace completely shut down games last night after business hours with no warning, so we're moving to launch Kano Play today. The email campaign suffered a short delay last night but it is going out now, and if you don't get an email by tomorrow morning and didn't register for Kano Play, please send a ticket to Support.

We're sorry that this whole Myspace situation has gone down this way and we're doing what we can here to lessen the impact. We'll be updating you fine folk throughout the day as things come together. Thanks for your patience and understanding! :)

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Sounds good, TYVM!

3. Big Ken

Big Ken Member

Thanks for the update

4. Gamerobber

Gamerobber New Member

Thanks for the update and I will search again for the emails on all my apps!

SR & SnG still ROCKS! :rolleyes:

5. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Thanks for the update !!!! You have done a great job and i will keep an eye on my email lol. I was wondering if the ones that dont get the email by tomorrow will they get a chance to get their GP's for yesterday and today ?

6. I am really disappointed :(
    I was hoping for a transfer package, so that I could strengthen my Slayer on the KONG platform, and be able to compete with high level rivals from the MySpace Platform there.
    Instead, you're going to isolate us all on Kanoplay, with no incoming new blood.
    Now, I understand this was all very rushed, and that MySpace have been completely unprofessional, but I hope that once things have calmed down, you will give us the option of having a transfer package to another platform.
    Zombie Slayer on MySpace was already dead and buried (I can't speak for the other KANO apps there) and what MySpace did was just to add the headstone.
    KONG is a new way forward for this game, and the other apps, for sure...
    I strongly urge you to consider offering people who have no desire to be holed up with bored and bitter slayers a get out of jail free card.
    What harm can it do??
    Help cement your presence on a new platform and introduce new customers?

7. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i just got the email for the pirate clan so now i got to wait for mob wars email

8. Drake

Drake New Member

Yes I received my e mail and it sounds like an excellent stopgap for me too but I do want to repeat, I want my MS game added to and included in my FB game. Sorry to have to repeat this daily but I am not hearing a word relating to this other than what was said on day one. I would prefer, if I had my druthers, to not have to join Kano Play at all and to just have my games merged together on FB. Please advise if that is possible as I was tiring of playing on 2 sites anyway. Thank you very much for your tireless endeavors on our behalf. It will not go unnoticed. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  9. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

ok so i cant find a way to get back to the new site, or is it even up yet?

10. Options......

As I appreciate the efforts being made by Kano to rectify a bad situation - I have asked if there will be any options to transfer my MySpace VC account over to Facebook....as I have a VC account there. I ask this as I am unsure how the offsite version of VC will work. As my game is progressing well on FB I would prefer that my account on MS be taken into consideration as maybe a partial transfer.

11. FrootLoop

FrootLoop New Member

I'll ask again here cuz I gotta know!!! Did I or didn't I shoot myself in the foot by deleting my MySpace account already? What can I say...I'm a hot tempered Redhead and I got pissed off when I tried to sign into MySpace this morning and saw they had yanked our games. Someone PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE tell me that my info has already been transferred when I did the whole email/password thing??? I just can't start from scratch so I'll be done with games if that's the case *sighs*

12. Tripple xXx

Tripple xXx New Member

same i posted earlier today in the last closed threat with now answer. We only speak off Zombieslayer, this App is near at his end and now you wanna isolate us ???

There was a lil hope for most of us as you stated we can migrate to another network. We pronounced it so hard in Socialfeed and our Factions and now we are like the fools of ZS lol...

What BiteYourFAceOff posted, i agree 100% !!!

13. Mike D

Mike D New Member

I have got my email from VC and PC but not ZS or MW yet.

14. nice guys

nice guys New Member

would be incredible if we all were back today

15. Big Ken

Big Ken Member

If you already did the email/password thing then you are safe.

16. Thank you Kano :)

This wasn't my chosen option the Kano platform but that was just because I wanted to have my cake and eat it on Kong ;)

You have chosen by far the fairest option :)

The New Myspace Layout has removed all notifications and messages I would like to suggest you do a one off mailshot to all active accounts pointing them to the new platform :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi guys, just a quick bit of clarification on the whole Kano Play thing. Yes, while it is true that former Myspace users will be the only ones on there to start, I think it's safe to say that we will be opening Kano Play Myspace up to new users once we get everything ironed out. That should be happening sooner rather than later. We're not ruling out any other options because of this, but we're having to change plans on the fly because of how Myspace has handled this whole deal and how we're having to react to that.

@FruitLoop Yes, if you registered for the new site it should have pulled all your data over when you did so.

18. Big Ken

Big Ken Member

I would rather have transferred my account in tact with everything I have to kong,then all I would have had to do is add all new squad,but that would be fine with me as long as I kept everything else I had, and a transfer package would be nice on top of that LOL But for sure keeping everything I already spent a lot of money and time on is the big thing with me. Im very happy with my myspace zombies keeping it in tact would be GREAT

19. Sweet..deleting ms account. after a few choice words sent them of course

20. FrootLoop

FrootLoop New Member

THANK GAWD!!! Whewwwwwwwwwwwwww! That was a close one!!! THANK YOU!!!! Kiss my @ss "EmptySpace" :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.