Loyalty reward of daily gamer points

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Gunny from PC, May 28, 2014.

1. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

First off, thank you for loyalty rewards :)

What I would like to propose, is the addition of a days worth of completed gamer points. This loyalty reward could be saved up and used for time off due to holidays, sickness or for whatever reason one isn't able to get their points for the day.

On our profile there could be a vacation enabler that we could set as ACTIVE in order to use our accumulated rewards (seven being the max) kind of like the option we have to be in defense mode in the arena. The only pitfall I see is for unexpected events so this will only work for planned absences, but with so many brilliant minds in the forum maybe there could be suggestions on how to cover this?

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Ben, I see you gave this idea 1 star? Care to clarify why because surely you are a bigger man than to vote an idea down just because you don't like the poster, right?

Mudock likes this.
  3. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Thank you, for your rating, justin.

polishpimp likes this.
  4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I think its a great idea as long as it didnt go any further than gamer points as suggested. I realize that there are those that will say it would detract from those that actually make it to the game to play, but I disagree. The ability to do something like this would have to be earned in the first place. There is also the fact that some of even the most loyal will miss a day or two because of things beyond their control. Perhaps it would even keep players from sharing accounts to fill in during their absence. Some players also have lives other than these games. As long as an update like this was kept to a minimum I think it would be a great addition.

A possible solution to the unplanned absence dilemma would be to make it so it kicks in automatically rather than having the ability to enable/disable it. Rather than scheduling a day off (which might take more code writing), just have have it kick in automatically (if available ) at say 11:59 pm. That way there is no worries at all, if ya have 6 saved up they will kick in automatically for 6 days in a row whether your absence was scheduled or not. Otherwise you will have 23 hours and 59 minutes to get your gamer points manually.

5. slippery Foot Fred

slippery Foot Fred New Member

Wow a very novel idea that should grow legs, thanks for looking forward tthings less stressful while on vacation!

polishpimp, Mudock and Gunny from PC like this.
  6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well i like this idea an something to look forward too as long as Kano employee an the creator's agree too...besides you already know how ben is he always rate things as 1 star anyways as long as there are plenty of votes an if it succeed's i think kano should actually look forward into doing this an i rather agree with myself on this one :)

7. amarshall

amarshall New Member

great idea, monica and i travel four or five times a year,, we have to find someone with free internet to get our points in,,we have kept up but it would be great not having to travel to town when camping to get points in,,lol

8. ben

ben Active Member

Gp should have to be done by the player not auto done. One has to think how an armada ranks at the end of the season. It's by who's done the fastest. Having this gives an unfair unearned advantage. Say 3 armadas did this and on the last day, who would win as all 3 would have points done exactly the same time and in full? There is so many factors on why this isn't a fair idea at all. Even if the points weren't auto added in until the very end of the day, it still isn't fair to those that actually play the game everyday. Yes, the summer is coming, the weather is nice, but gp completed by the player proves how dedicated they are to the game. It takes 5 minutes or less to get points. If someone is vacationing in an area with no net, then the armada has 2 choices, replace, or fall short. If the armada is unable to find a replacement, then sorry about your luck, but stuff happens. Gp shows who actually cares about the game, and who just goes through the motions. If someone is sick, what's 5 minutes of time to get points then log off and get some rest? If someone would rather spend time on vacation with the family and no internet in the area, then it shows they put family first, which is fine, but that doesn't give anyone the right to have unearned points credited to them and the armada they are in. If someone goes in an area with no net and it's known in advance, that means there was advance notice to find a replacement. What about the leaderboard for most gamer points earned by a player? This would be unfair in that respect as well. Just 1 unearned point goes against everything that gamer points were designed for. Take an armada to 1st the right way like it's always been. Activity activity activity. Activity is lousy in at least 1 of the games and this just promotes less and less activity. A 1 star for all the right reasons. Play your game everyday or find a replacement that can. If you're told there's no room for you when you return, sorry about your luck, but that's life for ya.

johno likes this.
  9. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

As I hoped, one of the brilliant minds in this forum has weighed in and with really valid suggestions. Thank you :)

polishpimp, Timbers and Mudock like this.
  10. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Here's hoping it does. Thank you, Fred :)

polishpimp and Mudock like this.
  11. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Speaking of "LOYAL" you and Monica have proven for years that you are. I can't think of anyone more deserving of this reward if it gets implemented. Thank you, so much :)

polishpimp and Mudock like this.
  12. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Ben, thank you, for clarifying your vote. After reading through it, I clearly understand why it took you all day to respond however I respectfully disagree.

We are addressing rewards for "LOYAL" players who have earned the right to a sabbatical without penalty. We aren't talking about huge masses of automated daily rewards but rather one every few months, to the maximum of seven of which you could save up just as we have the option to save up our daily rewards. Once seven are saved you must use them before the end of the year or they will reset!

Our stamina, gold and energy rewards work on a percentage of our stats and so could this reward work on a percentage of the amount one plays thereby assuring that it is being rewarded to "LOYAL" players only. But more importantly, this game should be fun and not put stress on its members or armadas due to life's circumstances. If you want activity, reward the active and not penalize them or cast fear to your members as you obviously do in your armada. After all, even, Kano gets vacations :)

In closing, if this were to become automated then be sure it is utilized at the end of the day (just before reset) so as not to jeopardize a fully active armadas rank for the season. And for those of you in, Ben's armada I am sorry about your luck when a leader says this to you>>> "Play your game everyday or find a replacement that can. If you're told there's no room for you when you return, sorry about your luck, but that's life for ya."

polishpimp, Timbers and Mudock like this.
  13. Mudock

Mudock New Member

I myself think it is a wonderful idea..especially if you have played loyally for 5 years and have not had a day off,i would love to be able to go on a camping trip once a year, or have a holiday off to spend with my family. when the word "loyalty" comes to mind,i cant think of a better way to reward those that are loyal then to be able to have a day off. The other loyalty rewards are nice, but this idea of having time off after being dedicated for years is a direct reflection of being rewarded for being loyal.

Marius, polishpimp and Gunny from PC like this.
  14. CutthroatXnRay

CutthroatXnRay New Member

I like this idea. I have been a loyal player for many a year now and have missed very few GP's. When I did miss points, it was because of a vacation or being in the hospital for a family member. Life happens and it is always more important than any game. I think it should be earned like Gunny said and awarded at the last minute. In the event of two or three armadas using their rewarded GP's, that is an easy fix. Have them not count towards tie breakers. I am not a coder, but I would think they could be labeled as a different class of GP's that would count for your daily and total, but not for a tie breaker. Once again they would have to be earned like a vacation day at a job. Say at a rate of 500 points per day of full earned GP's, which would give you about a full day of reward points a month.

polishpimp, Gunny from PC and Mudock like this.
  15. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

These could also be used when KANO decides to do something surreal like have us go back to worlds from ways ago to do adventures over and over again - such as having to go to the Bahamas to get more drops to build the Triceracannon??? HINT HINT KANO!!!

polishpimp, Gunny from PC and Mudock like this.
  16. I think this is a great idea, as I'm fightin cancer an sumtimes need a few days ta recover frum treatment.

17. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Thank you, for your vote and well thought out suggestions :)

polishpimp likes this.
  18. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Maxx, your health battle is a huge reason why I hope this idea gets implemented. I am so sorry you are dealing with cancer and truly wish you all the best. Thank you, so much for taking the time to comment.

polishpimp likes this.
  19. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

With all the "unfairs" and "unearned" you're throwing around, im left to believe you didnt read most of the post/thread. Well, that or something else, but i'll play nice. THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS IDEA WAS TO EARN THIS OPTION/ABILITY.

"goes against everything gamer points stand for"? Not only do I disagree, but I cant believe u of all people are using that as part of your argument. You and your alter egos have argued countless times against what particular game elements are/were suppose to be or stand for(the arena being 1 of many).

No doubt that "stuff happens" but thats all the more reason to implement an idea like this on a modest scale. There are many players that are among the most very loyal and have gone to great lengths to get to these games. What a shame that someone who has played for months if not years straight should not have the ability to earn a minimal amount of passes in the event of misfortune or much needed day off. Its not as if the suggestion is a free arena win, were talking a few days of GP which u stated yourself can be done in a matter of minutes. There would be very minimal affect other than to show gratitude for playing these games faithfully.

The gamer point title has always been a bit hokey to begin with . The reward is extremely modest and is skewed in that it is more timezone biased than any other aspect of these games.

"promotes less activity"? We are talking about a few days out of an entire year. Once again I find it humorous that you would argue this as an advocate for defensive stance and the affect it has on inactivity in the arena. In addition.....how many people log in just for those few minutes just to get there dailies? Do really think that few minutes here n there is going to have a drastic affect on activity?

"If the armada is unable to find a replacement, then sorry about your luck" ? This is actually a great argument for this idea to be implemented. Gamer points/season play is a group event. In the case of an emergency how is one to know to get a replacement? Why should 1 players misfortune have an adverse affect on an entire guild/armada/faction/syndicate? Its a week long event not a single day. What a shame for a weeks worth of teamwork to flushed down the toilet, especially if brought on or heaped upon another persons misfortune.

I would most likely be on your side of this debate if the suggestion was to include an exorbitant amount of "passes" that would easily/definitely be abused, but thats not the case here. If it they stakes were higher I might not agree...but they are not. If it wasnt EARNED by uber loyalty I wouldnt agree. If it didnt stand to help an entire innocent guild/armada/ faction/syndicate that gave their all I wouldt agree. If it promoted a large amount of inactivity I would certainly not agree, but once again that is not the case.

Fairness? Of course its fair because its earned in the most admirable ways possible in these games which is showing up and playing. We also know that very little in these games is fair.....this would be one of the very few things that was.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  20. Marius

Marius Member

Great idea. The dedicated players amongst shouldn't be punished for having a real life outside the game, and this addresses that perfectly? Would anyone actually dare suggest a player who has been a constant, lose points for them or their guild because they required a hospital stay, or needed to attend a family funeral? Get's my vote Gunny...