Lounge/Tavern Chat Sunset Announcement

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bully thor, May 13, 2019.

1. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Serious questions Mitch. Why are you doing away with the Tavern? Who has been writing in to you guys to pressure you to do this? What is the reasoning? Too many tickets coming in from people who have a simple recourse if they don't want to participate in the Tavern/Lounge. Simply stay out. Or is it newer players who run their mouths in there and then are targeted in the game? I don't think these complaints are coming from the majority. KANO far too often seems to bend the game to the will of the newer players. Am I wrong?

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

People are complaining they arent be treated like adults??? Virtually no one in LCN server 1 Lounge ever acts like an adult.

They are now forced to face consequences of acting like a bunch of sex starved 12 year olds in need of intensive therapy for their anger management issues.

Too bad the equivalent chat in the other games are being shut too.

3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Mitch.everyone had the same mute button to hit instead of listening to someone.or better yet IGNORING whoever is goading them on......the more you respond to someone who is bothering you......the MORE they are going to do it cause they see they are getting to you............
    You are making everyone lose out on fun smack talk because of the the failure of some to MUTE or IGNORE

went in WC a little while ago..........it sucks :rolleyes:

Dover and Kirsten like this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm not going to get too much into specifics, but it is definitely the majority. Our announcement covers all of it, but we've received an uncountable number of tickets, posts, surveys, what have you over the years about the Lounge/Tavern being a negative environment and very few citing it as a positive part of the game.

We've tried to re-frame it, step up the moderation, step down the moderation, re-write the rules, enforce harsher bans, all several times and nothing has stuck. There are people who enjoy it, certainly, but for lots of people it just isn't a fun place to be and due to the social nature of the game they feel like they have to be in there, regardless.

5. Old Salt

I find it hard to believe the "majority" feels that way since the majority appears to be posting in there. Those that are turned off by it do not need to participate. There is the WC they can go to. Just sounds like they want to force their will on everyone else. And feeling they "have" to be in there is why you have an uncountable number of tickets, which I'll bet are coming over and over again from the same people. People who need to be protected from adult chat are the same people who keep forcing you to change the game. We now have in a fight game an option for protection. And smaller players who don't want to wait around building their characters but want KANO to fast track it for them which is where Raids probably came from. You keep giving in to these people they will keep wanting more. There is such a thing as too much input being implemented.

Christel Lejon and Kirsten like this.
  6. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

Mitch, Is it possible to use (rename Lounge to Blitz Chat) Blitz Chat during the Blitz event? much appreciated

7. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Tavern Chat Rules

The tavern is for players looking for a competitive environment with other like-minded players. Moderation on this channel is light by design and players are expected to mute those that bother them.

Trash talk is welcome and a reminder that posting in this chat will expose your game link to other players. If you are looking for a more general and friendly environment we encourage players to check out the World Chat or use Group Chats.

No hate speech, no comments or jokes around abuse, no threats or call to violence (in reference to real life). Please do not use this as a platform to target another player with repeated insults or to spam the chat.

It says to MUTE!! and when you enter ..you have to to agree to these terms........totally get where you are coming form with people writing a ticket for every little thing ..and wasting you time..making you take time to read over mindless complaints when all they had to do was MUTE or IGNORE or go to World Chat

Booooooooooooooo Kano for punishing all the people who are adults and have NOT sent a ticket in to complain about being called a bad name...boo hoo

8. Old Salt

This is an important point. The people that are demanding this be done away with are themselves not following the guidelines. You have the option of muting people who are bothering you. They don't want to do that. This cannot be stressed enough. All to often the loudest become the majority in the eyes of developers whether they are or not. They just want the tickets to stop.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

In the end this is why I support Kano's decision.

We want the game to grow. and showing new players nothing but dead air does NOT help that happen.

But with that support I have a request. PLEASE FIX WORLD CHAT TO A USEABLE CHAT. That means lighten up the censorship a bit to allow the good natured trash talk. Sorry, we cuss. We aren't your take home to momma group. Let us tell our jokes. Let us let a
    I like this idea.

10. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

oh thank you thank you M7tch!

11. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

Why not let us older players like I said earlier to become admins/moderators where that way you guys dont gotta deal with it an if we see a problem will deal with them ourselfs by giving them time outs an bans if need be..cause there is no need in taking down the Lounge chat over people who are stupid in the head an always causes problems! an we us older players who have been around long enough should have Control over the Lounge who can be in there an who not! Just my saying an Opinion Mi7ch no harm at all :)

12. SOHAIB

SOHAIB Member

Sure let the older players who are biased towards new players from mafia wars like yourself give power to ban/timeout any player u see fit. o_O

Every player old or new has rivals in this game & giving them power to control other players game play is just plain stupid.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="mi7ch, post: 195044, member: 14986" We're also looking at reducing the word filtering on Group Chats to match the Lounge. These are player-made chats, so they are not moderated in any way by Kano. If you decide to enter one of these groups, that is at your own discretion.[/QUOTE]

I believe max that can be in a group chat is 70, is it possible to up that amount????

AlterEgoT likes this.
  14. Justin the killer

well maybe it will teach these new comers to stop there crap an be more respectful in the Kano Apps!

Edit: Mafia Wars was full of nothing but hacks an cheats so why should I give them respect cause it is not gonna happen anyone who runs bots an everything I do not have respect for an Like i did State I do have respect for some who are actually cool an that i am friends with cause at least i know they dont run nothing :)

15. SOHAIB

SOHAIB Member

Play your own game then & let other play their own. Simple as that ;)
    You want to teach a lesson to any player then you should know this is a fighting game. FIGHT :p

16. SOHAIB

SOHAIB Member

Saying MW players are cheaters is subjective for you.
    Kano is more reliable source when it comes to bots & scripting players.
    Whoever using them will get banned eventually :)
    You dont want to give any player u dont like respect is fine but DONT ask for power on other players game play. You DO NOT dictate how others play the game here :cool:

Dover likes this.
  17. Justin the killer

I know how fight my way thru lol been battling on these game apps for almost or going to be soon 10 years! so you go figure i been around lmfao

18. Justin the killer

Kano banning Scripts hahaha yeaaa seems they are not doing that now only but timing them out for a certain time an day an hours! bout it but other then that pfft lol

19. jj wilson

jj wilson New Member

I have a better alternative!!!seems kano khinks we need them...they constantly take from us but give less and less...WE SUPPORT THEM...,I am currently speaking to support of a similiar game and looks like they will provide perks for a mass exodus to there game!!!!yes we will be starting over but with bonus gear etc...a head start!!!And maybe Kano will wise up and we wont leave permanently!!!It is there job to satisfy the customer...not the customers job to feel compromised!!! Let Kano go a week or more with no income!!! I promise they will change there minds!!!besides we all could use a break

20. jj wilson

jj wilson New Member

Seems kano is scting like a corner dope dealer at 2am thinking they can give u watever they please becouse you will keep coming back regardles!!!DONT BE A KANO CRACKHEAD!! This is just another instence of a long line of constant taking from players...stacking reward...increase in war tokens...etc...we have a choice we can make them unemployed its our time and money without us they are nothing but a long unemployment line!!! Make a stand!!!