Lounge/Tavern Chat Sunset Announcement

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bully thor, May 13, 2019.

1. john greene

john greene Member

Look Tavern was supposed to be go nuts don't make it personal . Let it be balls out, if they are not an adult they shouldn't be there. This is a GAME everyone plays it different, have a must be over 21 to enter clause let it ride Kano, no rules have fun. Talk Crap no complaints allowed.

2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Any complaints about the Tavern being sent in should clearly state what the violation is and if it's not a violation then don't bother investigating it if the problem here is that too many people are sending tickets in to Support. You're punishing everyone with this decision.

3. jack jones

jack jones New Member

....Simple turn off reporting then wont waste any time .Nobody forces you into tavern if you don't like it stay away.

4. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well if i got this correctly everyone The Lounge is meant to go crazy in but there are rules an it really does sadden me that most players wont read it but they will just click the accept button, I think instead of closing make everyone read the guidelines like seriously :) an if they can not agree with certain checks that need to be required you can not chat with nobody at all..

Sasha St. Cin likes this.
  5. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

Wow, just WOW!! Trash talking is part of the game. You don’t like what your reading, keep scrolling. I’ll miss reading and laughing my self silly. Especially miss typed, I’ll be sneaky and insult you post.

Sasha St. Cin and PimpDaddyDuke like this.
  6. PimpDaddyDuke

PimpDaddyDuke Member

Yep, I've never reported anyone. Never will. (No matter how dumb, or over-the-line it is). Someone says something really stupid or over the line: "Their Weakness, not Yours". Words to live by.

My main point remains... I think Removal of these abilities for players to chat with each other (banter/poke/etc) is a huge mistake. ---- A mistake equivalent to Tiger Woods getting married years ago, then trying to "play 9 more" on the side!

7. Justin the killer

Gonna go ahead an get this off my chest Kano okay an dont ban me cause it is not gonna be offensive...I blame you guys for allowing these players coming from the other platforms of Mafia Wars an the Old Mob Wars..cause in reality you knew this was gonna happen eventually for which I understand you wanna let them merge with us, but you should of also took in consideration those players from them platforms most of em were Brutal an Toxic so just wanted to let you know that you should of not allowed the Merge :( now for some of them who did came over from there I will say this there are a few nice ones that i met but most were brutal the majority! figure i put out my thinking an throughts off my chest into here.

8. Stiletto Babe

Stiletto Babe New Member

Kano I understand that you might have problems with the Lounge/Tavern on other servers. I play on server 2 and we don't have all the drama that other servers have, in fact our lounge is the heart of the game, everything happens around it. So much so that the regulars of the lounge have now made a new lounge under groups. That just shows you how much we need our lounge. Server 2 is more like a community, yes we have fighting but not on a personal level, remember we can mute anything we don't like. The regulars like to meet there and chat about anything and everything. It ranges from what we are doing in real life to ideas to make the game better. Hank has dropped in now and then and has seen that there is a very different vibe here to server 1. You created the lounge to encourage us to chill and talk and that is what we have been doing there. I feel that your decision to close our lounge is a very bad one here as it is an important part of the game. I hope that you reconsider.

Sasha St. Cin likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

So people choose not to mute so we all have to pay price?? Low levels get pissed when they hunt and come crying when a higher level retaliates then run their mouths then complain, please spare me , some people should just not play fighting games.

10. Christel Lejon

Christel Lejon New Member

If you know already who the bad ones are, then shut them from lounge. It's not fair on the majority who enjoy and use the Lounge for banter and rivalry. Yes there's a few who always take it out of the game, insulting players family....Just don't punish the whole Lounge community for the few dickheads, who are nothing but sore losers.

11. john greene

john greene Member

If you are going to shut down Tavern PLEASE PLEASE allow swearing in groups we are making our own no rules Tavern in group Chat please allow us to have fun and swear and talk crap and also allow more than 1 admin in the groups we have alot of people to add.

12. Sasha St. Cin

Sasha St. Cin New Member

Silly decision. Nuff said. Please allow more than one admin for our own chat groups to help us out.

Jim the butcher and john greene like this.
  13. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

for the record they long ago took away the ability to respond to their announcements. They found folks would not stay on topic.

We have no one to blame for that but ourselves using every opportunity to complain about our stackable boosts truth be told. I despise that we cannot have the discussion where it should be which is on the actual announcement but I also cannot fault kano for removing the ability to respond as it made it less clear for folks that it was an announcement on 1 item. and for them I'm sure didn't want all their dirty laundry on every announcement.

Right wrong or indifferent it had nothing to do with backlash on this particular topic.

as for reduced revenues....didn't we all talk in world chat before? why would revenue decrease?

Steven Jordan likes this.
  14. Justin the killer

I have a better idea why dont you let a few of us Older players who have been around Admins/Moderators an we can run things the way we wanna see run an fit, anyone getting personal we ban them ourselfs from the chats...Anyone Agree? Must be 8-10 years in order to be a Admin/Moderator Only cause i am down for being an Admin or a Moderator in this case free of charge ;)

15. AlterEgoT

I agree with this statement. Unfortunately, because world chat is so very restrictive, it is difficult to have as much fun chatting, but we DID make it work before.

And yes, had they caught tone change in lounge sooner we perhaps could have kept our privilege of a more free chat. On the flip side, if we could act like respectable human beings and understand we are a community and as such have certain responsibilities TO that community such as not spamming the chat with trolling, over the line comments day in and day out running folks out of the room we'd still have that as well.

Truth be told I am not sure Kano could have done anything else. I must side with them on this one if for no other reason than I'd much prefer our programmers and administrators spend their time enhancing the game than telling a bunch of overgrown kindergartners to behave.

But I'd also like Kano to open up a discussion on world chat itself. Let us submit ideas that they will consider on how to enhance the chat within the game without requiring strict moderation. This community has some bright minds. Tap into that.

for instance one of the huge issues for world chat is you get 2 lines and then must wait for someone else to respond OR wait 2 mintues or some such to post again. This makes communication difficult for many. we read something we type and think oh we need to clarify, but before we can someone is offended. Whereas if we could type another line or two we could better explain. Or for instance in those times when it's a little slower it may take 3-5 minutes on the early side for someone to glance over read and respond. Meanwhile the other person has moved on.

Relax on the cursing. Let's be real. this game long ago said it was not for kids. yes kids play, but it's not geared for them and as such should not have parental controls on our language.

As for folks banned in lounge, I hate to tell ya, but they didn't ban willy nilly there either. If you are banned you misbehaved. Don't expect us to feel sorry for you. do I like what many were banned for? No. But you knew the rules and you chose to break them. You get no pity. I hate it since a lot of my buds can't speak there and they are fun folks. But it was YOUR choice. Deal with it. Yeah rude I know. But it's the truth. You didn't respect other's feelings don't expect others to respect yours. plain and simple. Blunt and rude perhaps. But seriously. Tough cookies. Plead your case to get it back to kano.

But in a nutshell. Yeah we hate when they giveth and taketh away, but in the grand scheme of things this is seriously minor. We have World chat. We can make group chats. We can use little symbols to watch our language.

Clickable names? Heck, that's hardly as hard to get around as hidden armadas/mobs/factions and we find our targets regardless on those. This is nothing. We'll communicate more, not less to get those.

Finally (oh I'm sure I'll read more and have more to say, I don't know when to shut up right?!) y'all we've dealt with way more impactful things than this. No problemo. We're more mad it came to this than we are about the slight frustration of typing a *....BUT DANG IT YOU FOLKS THAT JUST HAD TO FORGET THAT EVERYONE DESERVES A LITTLE BASIC RESPECT, GO POUND SAND. Humph. Got us all in an uproar over your lack of control or rather your absolute obsession with having control. It's a community. Respect it.

~T~

PS. At least this way new players don't see a dead chat.

16. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

We are all adults? I can understand Kano's frustration if they are receiving constant tickets from players that either don't know how to take what is said with a grain of salt.or hit the dam f^cking mute button .Inventing the tavern/lounge was one of the best parts of the game to socialize and talk sh^t......
    How about a disclaimer agreement that when you enter the tavern/lounge stating you agree that you will never send a ticket in complaining about another player and if a ticket is sent you will be removed from the tavern/lounge?
    3 strikes rule......strike 1 is 6 month ..strike 2 is a year and strike 3 you are out forever
    if people knew they are going to get banned for sending tickets in on adult convo which they have the option to mute or go to the kiddie room world chat maybe they would stop sending in tickets and taking up your time

Players have the option of either muting said player, ignoring said player, going to world chat or shutting chat......

Come on Kano, please rethink this decision.....please don't make up go back in the kiddie pool

At the very least you could have gave us a heads up saying that if chat in the lounge/tavern isn't improved that it is on the verge of being exterminated .....you could have gave us a voice in this

I still say if you don't like whats being said.....go to world chat, ignore me or mute me

feeling :mad::(:confused:

ps..if we have to start our own chat group..please allow it to be as lounge/tavern chat with adult words allowed and also the ability to have more than one person own the group chat.......make it that the owner of the chat can add admins to add /remove people from the chat

The Tavern/Lounge ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

17. AlterEgoT

World chat predates lounge. It does not allow discussion of "alt" and had more rules as to decorum, a stronger language censor and the line limit, they removed the clickable links when they introduced lounge and changed it from a "world" chat to a "Newbie Help" chat. As far as I can see they have not said we can not return the world chat to it's original design. Perhaps kano would clarify?

18. AlterEgoT

I agree completely. However, Guess what happened in many of the games?

Instead of fighting in the game they stayed dead and fought in lounge. Ergo, the "heated rivalries" did not help the action in the game. At all. They all stayed dead so they could run their mouths. It actually became a detriment TO the ingame action.

I think part of the problem is each game has it's own dynamics. I was in pc1 tavern complimenting them on how nice it was that folks kept it within the realm of everyone can talk. Oh fights broke out but then folks kept on chatting. Other games were not so well behaved. And while I think it sucks that pc has to pay for what other games do, Kano has to balance all the games and selectively choosing whom and when and where is a very difficult line. Because it isn't a "line" that's crossed. It's the constant misuse that is a problem. And how to determine how much is considered constant is a dicey thing at best.

Catch 22. We CAN make WC work. And if we band together and request certain things Maybe they will consider fixing WC. Which is where we were when lounge was created.

The truth is with ALL online gaming. Entering into the chat world gets you noticed. Sometimes that's a good thing and fun other times it is a thing that gets you targeted. It is on us to discover how much we want to be noticed and know the risks. Again, this isn't for kids. We ought to be big boys and girls and know by putting our opinions out there we risk getting noticed by the wrong person. That is for ANY game. and ANY chat. Use a chat with caution. Even posting here.......folks notice.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the thoughts around the announcement today. This is a change that will no doubt bring up strong feelings from all sides, but it's one that we feel is beneficial to the games.

We've been going over the feedback in the thread and we have a couple of potential changes we'll be making to make the World Chat a bit more lively as well as putting more of a focus on Group Chats. Just to clear this up off the bat. the World Chat is not going away, so you will still have a public channel to chat with other players.

What we're looking at doing is re-evaluating our word filter on the World Chat as well as tuning the cooldown between repeated messages. We're also looking at reducing the word filtering on Group Chats to match the Lounge. These are player-made chats, so they are not moderated in any way by Kano. If you decide to enter one of these groups, that is at your own discretion.

The comments and constructive feedback are appreciated around this, so keep it coming.

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Cleaned up some posts due to off-topic commenting and baiting. Let's keep it civil in here, all. :)