Letter of protest from FFF and hundreds of other players to KANO

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Dear Kano
    We the players of your Viking Clan and Pirate Clan app, are writing to you as a group to let you know of our disgust and our repeated concerns regarding both your treatment of us your customers, and of the disastrous changes you have made in the KANO Games.
    Pretty much all of us fell in love with KANO apps over the past several years. Many of us have been playing since the beginning. However due what seems to be mismanagement by KANO, many of us have become frustrated and or bored or downright disgusted with KANO. We have each individually voiced our concerns to KANO and never got a true or valid response. Only lip service instead.
    Our grievances include (but are not limited to) the following:
    RAID BOSSES – Quite possibly the worst idea KANO had, the Raid bosses turned the game from a combat game to a leveling game. We fell in love with KANO games in large part because of the combat. However the Raid bosses changed that. Not to mention they are so incredibly complicated, allow for one’s enemies to destroy a RAID boss, and the fact that they are specifically designed to vacuum a player’s bank account. Another source of frustration is the now lack of energy drops we get from the RAID bosses.

MISINFORMATION AND DOWNRIGHT DECEIT FROM KANO – This is geared specifically towards customer service representatives of KANO and the representatives who run the KANO Apps Forum. Over the past few months, we have gotten nothing but lies from KANO and an attitude of arrogance from your customer service representatives. Whoever handles the KANO Forums has misrepresented your customer base on numerous occasions. The latest prevarication telling us that the RAID bosses have only a slightly smaller number of energy drops as opposed to the 1st RAID boss. This is an abject lie. The fact is that the RAID bosses no longer have anywhere near the same number of energy drops. Forcing us to spend more favor points.

When we write our complaints to KANO – we receive rather caustic messages back saying that KANO and the fairness with which KANO Customer service handles issues is “…pretty good…”. Nothing could be further from the truth. More and more of your players are fed up with this attitude. It is this type of attitude from your customer service personnel which is offensive to us all.
    BATTLE ARENA – What was once the best and most fun thing on the Internet has now become an absolute joke and embarrassment. The original battle arena was how games should be, a fight to the death, yet with specific protections for lower level players (Defense mode). Where anyone and everyone had a chance to win. However KANO inexplicably decided to change this by going to a points system. And when this clearly did not work, instead of doing the right thing and changing back to the original format, KANO decided to stupidly double down on the changes with the new battle arena, thereby making the contest “the most boring thing ever”.

(FOR THE RECORD - Please do not reply back to us with “the new changes have made the battle arena easier for lower levels to win” – that is also a complete falsehood. For example, the highest level Viking in KANO Server 2, was less likely to win with the original system then he was with the changes. The fact that the fight list broke down repeatedly during the arena is something that KANO should be ashamed of. And while KANO representatives repeatedly promised everyone that the fight list was working – it clearly was not. Many of us told KANO that we deserved our money back – yet KANO has never responded to this. If you want to build a better bond with your customers, you might want to consider giving us complete and total favor point credit for the aggravation you caused us – not just the 20 favor points that were given to some players.

NEEDING NEW WORLDS – KANO has not come up with a new world for your high level players in several months. And when we write this to KANO, we are told repeatedly on both the forums and by KANO customer service that your priority has been “exciting new changes” to the game. Such as the RAID bosses and the “new and improved Battle Arena” (note the sarcasm). In not giving us a new world in months, KANO has deliberately disrespected it’s highest level players. This needs to be tended to and quickly.

ALT ACCOUNTS – While KANO has finally started to do something about alt accounts, the fact is that KANO needs to do more. Best thing KANO can do is to not go after the alt but go after the player creating the multiple alt accounts. KANO has shown a great reluctance to do this in the past. It is our hope this will change.

We are writing this to you because we want to continue our relationship with KANO. For years we have enjoyed playing your games. We have made friends on here, and we have had fun together. This both with our friends, and with our frienemies. However lately we are of the impression that KANO cares not about us – your clientele one bit.
    Kano is currently on a slippery slope, and you can either focus on pleasing your customers (which will in turn make KANO more money) or you can continue to try to squeeze short term profits out of your players. We hope that KANO does not fall victim to the 2nd option.
    The list of signees on this petition include the highest level players in both KANO Server 2 and Facebook. It includes most of the Facebook Group FFF (Freedom, Fun, Forever). It includes 3 of the top 10 players of KANO Server 2 Pirate clan. Approximately 300 players. We no longer have trust in KANO customer service or the Forum manager – and would like to hear back from someone with decision making authority.
    If our demands are not responded to and met, we combined will have to take actions, which will include players quitting, players refusing to spend any more on favor points, boycotts, social media protests, or any other legal action we see fit.

Best way to contact us is sjohnmassoud@aol.com.
    Respectfully
    We your customers.
    Members of the FFF Group of Facebook (229 members)
    100 Other players of KANO server 2 both Pirate and Viking clan have said they support this letter. It is our understanding that up to 700 members of Facebook Pirate clan have stated they support our aims as well.

2. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Although I am not a member of FFF nor was I asked to sign a petition. Translation: I am an in Game enemy of most of the FFF members. I find myself in agreement with most of what was stated above.

The Battle Arena has been ruined and what I find even more disturbing is that I made humorous post about the Battle Arena in its thread and it was removed. Alot find my comments about Purse Slaps pretty amusing. I guess your mod did not. Yes it was a criticism but as a customer (A very good one I should mention) I should be allowed to express my opinion. Although, I do not see arrogance as stated above I see more neglect then anything else. Go back to the original Battle Arena formula. It worked. From what I could see it was a small vocal minority that forced the changes in the first place. I also believe there is a tendency to defer to certain players.

Yes good work on the Alt accounts. However, what is being done about the owners of these accounts. From what I can see not much. These accounts are used to help the primary owner gain in the game. At the very least some of these ill gotten gains should be removed. I suggested that once and the Kano Rep darn near took my head off. I really do not want special treatment but I do expect some courtesy. But yet I play on. I take a certain pride in overcoming and beating the tar out of the players that have used unfair tactics.

I understand that you have an entire customer base to attend to and will never make everyone happy. But, when you have long term players who are objecting perhaps you should listen. You also have every right to turn a profit, but when it begins to appear to me that the line is being crossed from profit to greed perhaps a reevaluation is in order. The energy drops on the Raid Boss are a prime example. Those were slashed to the bone. You explained that as trying to stem a game breaking scenerio. The exploit on the original Raid Boss was not the drops per se. It was one person would start a boss and others would use it as an energy cow, killing it again and again and reaping the drops, they then would return to killing an "in play" boss. Your restriction of 2 kills on a raid addressed that. Lets up those Energy drops again.

BTW I would love to see the actual signatures on the Petition. Cannot seem to find it. I speak only for myself. BTW a response to just that individuals E Mail would further the perception by many that there are behind closed door actions going on. I believe that any interaction on this subject be open and public.

I close by saying I am only speaking for myself. But I am a high level player who was not asked about this LOL

3. Grand Master Fielding

Craig - you'd have to go to Facebook, and (forgetting the VC app) go to the FB group FFF (Fun Freedom Forever in VC) and you'll see the posts. There was no dissent among the members. I wrote the original letter, and there were approximately 100 people who suggested either minor or significant edits. Pretty much all of the edits were incorporated in this petition. KANO would not listen to us individually, so maybe they'll listen to us as a group.

This has been emailed to KANO, posted on their FB page (even though they made it hard to do so) and has been sent to KANO through a "ticket". Am curious to see how they will try and justify how this was battle arena was a "success" this go around. They tried with me in a ticket yesterday, and I shot that down.

Let's see what happens next.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  4. Grand Master Fielding

Craig, the reason you weren't asked about this petition is simple - I don't play in VC - but on Kano Server 2. Nothing personal towards you, but I had no way to get it to you.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  5. ben

ben Active Member

i agree with you fieldings ... i dont really want to coment but i will say this i am no happy camper in what kano has done to ba ...

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  6. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

About the locations... i have a suggestion for kano..you are making these locations divided by almost 1 k levels.... think to reduce levels between locations in order to release more with no problem.. (it could also apply to other games)

7. Grand Master Fielding

Much appreciated Ben. Thanks for that.

8. Craig Day

Well I was sorta kicked out of FFF as I did not agree with the editorial policy. ( Kel booted me. LOL). Just be aware that FFF does not speak for me or many others. It kinda leads back to my small vocal minority comment. However, with this one I am on board for the most part.

Interested to see their response

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  9. coast chicken

coast chicken New Member

I to agree with the letter of protest feel somthing like this long overdue and credit to those that have taken action will support where and when able any action from this tiny part of the world

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

huh....another thread completely ignored....what is the kano world coming to? great points and i agree with 99% of it....im very curious to see what kano says to this, if anything at all

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

"We no longer have trust in KANO customer service or the Forum manager – and would like to hear back from someone with decision making authority."

As requested, we are getting responses from other employees who are not the Community Manager or in Support. This is probably best handled directly through Support, however I'd be happy to cross-post our response if OP is OK with that.

Also I'd like to bring up that we are happy to process any refunds around these events if people contact us through Support. Unfortunately I can't do these transactions through the forums, but Support is equipped to do just that.

12. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

i expect kano to take the whole day if they come to give a serious answer

13. Craig Day

Yes they should give this serious consideration and review all points. Would rather have them cover it all and research prior to formulating a response

14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Oh goodie so we all get compensation,so what are the grounds for compensation?

15. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

I agree with all but the raid bosses. Raid bosses have seen great success and are very fun for low levels. Agreed 100% on arena and everything.

16. Chris Groner

Chris Groner New Member

KANO knows who played and whom is deserving of a "refund" why should we have to ask for what is rightfully due. Hey maybe some won't ask for a refund, bonus to KANO. This response is part of the problem.

17. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Craig could not stay in FFF as he would not have as much fun posting such nonsense as he has in the past in public and semipublic forum. FFF is specifically against making outrageous statements, getting into conspriracies, hate and vitriol versus others.

Its mandate has stood the test of time:

"All group members embrace the notion of freedom and fun in gaming playing Kano games, in particular Viking Clan. Members will not engage in excess public vitriol, slander or defame others. We will not cheat in the game(s) and any identified cheaters will be brought to justice by all! We wish to bring back fun, our number one goal, on a clean game basis!"

For some, they have to call others names and more. They are not in FFF for that reason.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  18. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I have appreciated the relationship I have with Kano. I don't appreciate some of the recent changes, and have tried to with my accounts in many of their games to demonstrate many of the points I have made, opposing some of these changes, positively criticizing them, and encouraging positive change. I do have some time others lack and maybe resources too, but I have keen interest in improving the game, from level 1 to level 30,000 as I do like the interactions with the people I play with.

I do find some features under marketed and they exist: example war mode play, a fast version of VC/PC/LCN etc. There is not much to change there but for the rewards to encourage play. As they exist, there is a trophy and a 1/2 level of XP for winning. No FPs. No 2nd place 3rd place ... 10th place ... to speak of. People play it as they want action. Raid Bosses are only action in joining them as they are constructed: everyone joins, does 250 attacks, no healing, or limited, and then waits for others to kill them with a guaranteed reward approximate to the loyalty rewards ... Loyalty rewards for spending 200 dollars are 250 attack drops if someone else kills the Raid ...

I can go on ... the game designer, usually a job description in a gaming company, has changed. In prior years, yes years, the changes were carefully calculated, and slow in coming, and then made sense. The linear progression of the empires made sense and a buildout of them commenced, and then level achievements expanded to reach out to the players and make them stretch. I got a hunch the last level achievement was done in 2012, or early 2013. I can check having broken these barriers. And sat waiting.

Now with a wand, 3000-5000 levels are done in two Raid beta's that used to take months and months of battle / strategy v. straight click play with a CC.

Personally, I am trying not to get into business models etc and the change of them, but please, Kano, if you are going towards a model of game that requires tons of FP's to do anything competitive, and that is what the recent changes have done in beta and trials, is this your intent? (300K attacks in the prior to last Battle Arena, 200K plus in the just completed one v. a regular game limit of 5K attacks v. a leveling partner),

It looks to me, the regular game is no longer the game. And if that is the case, I would like clarity here. Please.

Lucifer likes this.
  19. Grand Master Fielding

In case you have not noticed Mitch - your clientele (aka the people who buy your product) don't put alot of faith in either customer support or in you personally to look after our interests. We've tried to do this individually. KANO in general ( AND YOU PERSONALLY) didn't listen. Now we're doing this as a group.

20. Craig Day

Kel it was a joke. Only you would introduce slander and vitriol into a serious post. BTW your motto is a joke LOL