Kano, when are you going to do something?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jillian Thyra Johansson, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, hey, Kano, since your moderator, Jon Ward, deleted my last post asking what you are going to do about his outrageous behavior last week when he goaded and "trolled" another player into using profanity in the forum, I will start my own thread until I get a reply.

WB is constantly telling we players to be respectful and civil in the forum. However, your own moderator, Jon Ward, was just the opposite last week when he deliberately baited another player by using his real name in the forum, over and over, despite that player asking him repeatedly not to use his real name. His behavior was shocking to say the least. I am absolutely amazed that you, Kano, have not removed him from his moderator status. How can you EVER ban ANYONE again for being disrespectful if you allow him to remain in that capacity?

And, the player who's name was bandied about used a fair amount of profanity in the forum as well. True, he was goaded into it, imo, but the fact remains, if he isn't banned for doing that, how can you ever ban anyone else in the future for doing the same?

It's time for Kano to step up here. A double standard isn't going to sit well with the majority of players if you don't.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I couldnt agree more....John Ward needs to go. He divulged a players personal information purposely, repeatedly and maliciously. Kano and its forums are complete joke if this moderator isnt removed immediately, its been long enough to read all the posts, john flagrantly disregarded forum policy and Kanos policy on privacy. How the hell does Kano expect anyone to respect either Kano or its moderators when they are held to the other side of its double standard?

3. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@JJ I removed your post as it was off-topic, and sent you a message explaining why I did so. As I explained in the message, if you have an issue with a moderator or the forums, you need to send a message through to support or email community@kanoapps.com.

That being said, I will quickly address this situation, as it speaks to the general sentiment in the forums right now with our Moderators.

I have said time and again that Moderators are simply players who volunteer their time to help out in the community by moderating the forums according to our Moderator Policies and our Code of Conduct. They also help outside of the forums by communicating with many non-forum communities. They are all extremely hard-working, but ultimately they are player volunteers, which means that they are still players. We don't ask them to sacrifice being members of the community when they become moderators, because that wouldn't help the community, and it's extremely likely no one would volunteer because that would be boring.
    What's important, and they all know this, is that they don't let being community members affect their moderation. Deleting a post that's civil and respectful simply because they don't like the player that posted it would be an abuse of moderation powers. Deleting a player's thread because that player hitlisted them would be an abuse of moderation powers. Becoming embroiled in an argument around forum policy with another player isn't an abuse of moderation powers. It may not have been a very respectful argument, however this doesn't have anything to do with Jon's moderation.
    Any player that was involved in a similar argument would be reminded to be civil and respectful in the forums, and asked to be more respectful in the future. Jon understands this, and I understand that the argument was largely due to an ambiguity in the Code of Conduct, as well as the other player's history of forum interactions.
    Jon's argument with another player was dealt with the same as if another player had had a similar argument with another player. If Jon had abused his Moderator abilities it would be a different story, however he didn't.
    I can appreciate that not everyone gets along with everyone else, however asking for a Moderator to be removed because you didn't like how they interacted with another player as a player isn't fair. I agree that that interaction wasn't respectful, and I have dealt with the situation according to the Code of Conduct. It was a difficult situation, and the Code of Conduct ambiguity has been fixed to avoid similar confusions in the future.
    Before anyone posts though, I would ask that you remember the point of games, and game forums, are to have fun. I don't think anyone thinks the issues in the last few weeks have been fun, and I know we can all work together to make the forums fun again. I know this is a rather contentious issue, and I appreciate everyone staying civil and respectful while discussing it.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Unbelievable.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well now I just might quit the forum as that wasn't abuse of mod powers,but just abuse.

The fact nothing has happened to him is a complete joke as is the forum.

Sorry Jon Ward is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I banned Polish for spamming so put that all on me and not on any of the mods or WB. I understand there are issues with mods and TOU but spamming the forum is not going to help. Please lets have some cooler heads and revisit this tomorrow.

7. I know exactly why you banned him. But what difference is breaking one TOU over another? I'm am angry with the horrible way in which Kano is handling this situation. You guys are being hypocritical at best and down right prejudicial at worst. Your moderator started all of this with his behavior. Why aren't you demoting him?

If you recall, Polish was a moderator for you guys. Arguably one of the best you ever had. He was fair and gave spot on advice to all who asked for it. But some of his haters from the game wanted to attack him and you guys folded on him like a house of cards and removed him. What Jon Ward did FAR exceeded anything Polish ever did in terms of bad behavior.

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I truly can't speak to most of this as I am not directly involved other than the obvious banning of Polish. Like I said we will revisit this tomorrow morning, right now there is nothing I can say or do to even begin to rectify this.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Did you even see the deleted thread that had started it all??

it was one pimp made... something like clarification of trolling..something like that..

just 1 look will see why we're all upset..

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Once again, I understand that some forum members are having issues with our TOU. And once again I will say that spamming every post in the forum is not the appropriate means of communicating this.

This will all be reviewed in the morning and I ask of everyone's patience until then.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

A nice can of worms has been opened...

That is all.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I saw the thread AND sorry 'name starts with a T' But a 'mod' even as a player did goad it over and over.

Ban everyone see where it get's you, only few are vocal in these forums now 1 less!

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thank you.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Here's a idea let the 'NUBES' that don't know the game say what's wrong on each APP. 'ALL OF US' try to put up ideas, out of experience playing the games and try to help out on 'MAKING AWESOME' games better as a community. Yet only time a DEV will comment is, hey against TOU. Maybe just Maybe, if interacted just a little bit 'ALL OF US' would lighten up. 'WE LIKE FEEDBACK AS WELL', but not replying is a kick in the 'NUTZ' Yes a MOD can reply, but that is a 'PLAYER' working for free that responds for 'YOU'. 'Best example'> Boss, or secretary say's here's your job for week, which would you like, hear from a boss or the secretary? 'I'd assume from the boss.' In no means I'm trying to disrespect any of the MOD'S most do great job, but just ponder this!

15. Eraser

Eraser Member

People get banned for abuse in forum, but most never on a first offense.

Have we all not fractured the TOU just a tad a time or two?

What Im getting out of this, is john let his emotions get the best of him, and just because he's a moderator, You guys want to see him tarred and featherd, slammed in the stockades, and a free basket of cabbage and tomatoes to toss at him.

Whats wrong with giving the guy a second chance, rest assured, that the problem was dealt with in a private manner, and that if there would be continued problems, that he would be banned just like anyone else?

@ smack, I really hope to see polish unbanned. His opinions are valuable on this forum. (In my POV) He visit frequently, votes indiscriminately, he has a LOT of experience in his games, sees the "big picture", and post accordingly. most of everything I learned about non-zs kano came from his post. Hes a respectable member of this community, and I think after 2,000 plus post, he should be given the benefit of a "bad day" just the same as I think jon should.

@Wonderbread, Its obvious that this is something that cant be brushed under the carpet. Would it be too much to ask for Jon to make a statement on this subject?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  16. Well, you don't know what you're talking about, obviously. Polish was removed as a moderator and he didn't even violate the TOU then. Why should Jon be given a second chance to go off as he did while still bearing the title of moderator? No one is asking for any more than he deserves.

To use one of Polish's favorite phrases, exaggerate much? Geez!

17. Eraser

Eraser Member

TBH, I missed the whole second page of this thread. and Ive added a few things in edit.

I must say, I dont remember seeing polish as a mod,

The question I ask. Was wonderbread our community leader then? There are a hell of a lot of things I disagreed with about Deltanism.

and yes, I am known to exaggaderate or however you spell that.

18. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

well said! im tired of seeing good idea after good idea gone with the wind. whats the point if noone is listening? nothing but a waste of time

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Deltan wasn't here yet when Polish lost mod status....lol.

That's one thing he can't be blamed for.

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Totally agree with you.

A big can of worms has been opened with the actions and inactions that have happened here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.