July 7th- News (Skill Points, Att/Def, Legendary Items)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

What I meant by higher levels having the advantage is that if you are a higher level, you will have more skill points to invest in att/def which will be weighted heavier in battles which will give you an advantage.

2. oh ok no probs he he

3. i got a question wat is the Critical Hit Bonus Defense/Attack?? please help :D

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

"We just added Boosts and the Critical Hit Attack/Defense to the battle details to help give better breakout of where you could be losing the advantage.

Nothing was changed in the battle logic, we are now just showing all areas that impact a battle result.

The Critical Hit Attack/Defense is basically a roll of the dice / variance in the battle that has always been there but now you can see who had the advantage in that area."

Does that help?

5. ya that really helped, thnx a lot :)

6. i recently reached level 900 and something extra haven't figured out besides the critical attack and defense u explained :) "the stamina boost" :S

7. lol i mean cheiftain boost sorry :S

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I just had a thought about your comment on VC being a "Beta" game, as I can understand that it is frustrating that new content was added to levels that you have already passed through, imagine if we left VC alone after initial release over a year ago, if we did we would be rocking the single location, less than 20 adventures, no achievements, no boss fights and a lot of other stuff. We do understand your concern and that is why we are making the Skill Point and Att/Def weighting change as well as filling out the game with new content beyond any level that anyone has yet reached.

I believe the Skill Points / Att/Def will be a huge positive as we have seen in other games and that the advantage will be placed into the higher levels if they so choose to invest in att/def in combination with the new Legendary items and other content that we have planned for release.

And thank you for being a VC player since the early days and continuing to provide feedback.

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

You get this from filling Elite Chieftain Positions.

10. it's an awesome game u did a really great job :D, it's kinda frustrating but the extra skill points will help out a lot i'll invest them wisely, i got everything to know about the right way to do things on viking clan so should be great...the problem was some focused on stamina and ignored health thus reducing damage dealt to bosses and wasting much stamina, others went the other way and increased health but it takes them a while to level up having to wait for stamina to fill up...yet others increased attack and defense this was great for them as the new game feed regarding the larger effect of att/def has given them an upper hand, so it was a disaster lol, but i agree the new update should making everything good for everyone :D..again thnxs a lot man, for the help and the amazing game!! :D

11. self

self Member

So, those who have a boat load of points to invest, will you invest them all in stamina? all in attack. What will be the best way to get stronger? Will a clan of 1500 ever be able to beat a clan of 2000?

12. actually it can :D now with the new upgrade in att and defense u can be able to beat those who have more chieftains than you :), and the skill points you want to increase depends on the level u'r at, when u attack bosses do u get a message that says: "u'r health is too low for u'r level"? if yes health should be part of the skill increase ...stamina is important i heard the amount to level up doubles and later on it becomes triple, so to be on the safw side many suggest having an amount equal to u'r level :D ..if u feel that u'r doing quite good and can beat practically everyone on the rival list then u don't have to increase attack and defense and focus on health and stamina
    hope i helped :)

13. Amon Amarth

Amon Amarth New Member

Great news, hope you also take into consideration to be an unlimited clan not only 2000 !

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

FYI, we plan to make the Skill Points and Att/Def weighting change early next week.

15. Griff

Griff Member

@Kendall Sorry I missed your comment Ive been away on vacation. Looks like things have become interesting again and I made that "Beta" comment out of frustration. Thanks for putting in the time and effort in trying to make this game playable for alot of us again. I will anxiously wait out the new content and changes and look forward to planning out new strategies. I'm not at all against change and I didnt mean to come across like that. I'm just against major changes without the abilty to readjust my attributes accordingly. I can see that perhaps you do understand where we are coming from and I also understand that you can't possibly please everyone. I have supported VC and alot of its players for awhile now and continue to do so. I am a very positive person and will always see both sides of every story. One last note.... Things are looking interesting and we shall see... Your friend Griff

16. that's great Kendall :D finally we'l be able to do things straight and level up pretty much faster and be able to withstand more fights :)

17. and guys can anyone help me, i'm at level 922 need to know how much my att/def should be at this level and how much should my health be around? thnxs :D

18. self

self Member

Think about this...

We are about to see a large fluctuation of skill points. The highest players are looking at 4,000 + skill points to add. The smart high level players will hold on to their points to see what others are doing before investing.

It seems less logical to invest in regenerating features if you are at an adequate level. Honestly is their a benefit for having 2,000 stamina over 1,000, you can only regenerate ~700 per day. Health might be logical if the battle system changes.

Now think about adding 4,000 to your attack at a higher level. I would guess that the higher levels are somewhere around 1,000 anyway, so will the additional 4000 in attack help boost them past attacking a clan that has 100+ more chieftains. Would it benefit someone stuck with 1,200 cheiftans at level 1,000 to boost their attack by 2,000 to even out the playing field. Is the attack logarhytmic where at some point more attack is totally useless?

19. good points man, and ya i guess health would be the most logic as my stamina is good and you'r right doesn't fill completely, that would be helpful is someone went ofline for like 3 days and opened the account to find 2000 stamina full :D, hehehe we play on a daily bases so it's pointless lol ...i guess we'l have to wait and see wat happens :S, really appreciate the help :)

20. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Guest

Top Poster Of Month

There is a benefit in itself of having high stam -> boss participation, and then drops. High stam will also be refilled for "free" if you do get 10 levels in your battling, essential for power leveling and getting stronger through adventures ... not something to ignore at all. In fact, stamina is one of the most important things in the game. Health too. But health you can click "refill" real easy!

All I know, its going to get interesting real fast on what some people do or don't do with their points. Hopefully today ...