How many clicks per second can you do?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by God of Bacon, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I tripped it twice clicking on the mouse. I learned after the second time when the kill was sniped. I'd much rather lose to someone holding an enter key using up their health and stam to take down an opponent then to have one stolen with a few stam and literally no health lost after I've taken it all the way down and lost a buttload of health to get it it there because I was trying to get the fruits of my labor before the sniper found it.

Now I take a break when it gets low and risk the sniper finding it rather than having the kill in hand and sitting there watching wait 20 seconds to click again or 48 seconds or whatever and when I can finally click again seeing it gone.

Talk about frustration. It's much worse than the stupid math problem on the HL which also causes you to miss out or the stupid timeouts in feed.

2. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

I think it may have been mentioned earlier, but just because a 10 second click game can be done, does not mean you can sit there and click 500-600-700 times per minute for what Slave has said can be a 15-20-36 hour slug fest. You can give it your best for 10 seconds, but that proves nothing to the effect of fatigue or longevity. I had 45k attacks in 10 hours registered.... but i can honestly say that I clicked a bunch more times than that and I never once got the throttle applied to me. If my browser will register 45k in 10 hours, and lets just say that I was dealing damage 1/3 clicks...then that's 135k clicks in 10 hours. That's 2,250 clicks per hour......and although I'm no pro, I'd venture to say that number is pretty fair for the 100 active players (another Slave stat) that play the Arena. I would love to sit next to the guy who clicks 600 times per minute, for 24 hours straight.... it's just not a realistic claim. There's the time to search for a target, find the inactive one, find the one who has dealt the smallest amount of damage....etc...etc... for anyone to claim that if they are being beaten down by the throttle, is not doing something a bit out of the norm. Just my opinion.... I am not you, I don't know what you do, or how awesome your finger muscles and forearm muscles are....I am me, and i'm no slouch on the mouse myself, and I have yet to trigger the throttle.

3. im the beast

im the beast Member

i think everyone is over thinking this noone is claming to do 600 clicks a min for hours at a time, not to mention it only takes 2min to take someone down...i think people just want a reasonable throttle. ive yet to c a 700 in a min set it at that.i for 1 can click my heart out for 1 to 2 min at a time...just 4 the record i dont want the throttle i want the enter fix.. how hard can that b...

4. slave

slave Member

i still have yet to hear if the throttle is tripped on short term extreme clicking or if it builds on a meter after clicking repeatededly for 2-3 minutes at a steady pace.....

of course we will never get the answer to that question.

and if your arm hurts from clicking wonder bread your doing it wrong.....just saying

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

There has been a lot said in this thread (and all relatively respectfully, so nice work everyone!) and while I wish I had the time to go over all the individual points made, I don't, so I'll try and touch one some of the recurring themes I've noticed.

I honestly do appreciate everyone testing how fast they can click, and providing that information here. Some of you even made videos for extra proof, which is awesome.

As some players have mentioned in this thread, the main indication of an automation or an exploit isn't necessarily speed, but the maintenance of that speed. The throttle feature is designed to throttle based on a certain speed maintained for a certain amount of time. Some players can click exceptionally fast, however like anything they can only do it for so long. It isn't unreasonable, as we've seen, for someone to click 9 times/second for 10 seconds, however it's far less plausible for a player to do so for 4 or 5 hours.
    As I've mentioned, we have been adjusting the numbers based on player feedback and further in-house testing, and are more confident in them now than when we initially put it in place. I have personally been working with the developer in charge of the feature to ensure that it's preventing abuse while allowing click-crazy players to have a good time.

I have tested click-speeds several times (much to the confusion of some co-workers) and am confident I am a reasonable representation of the average speed-fiend. Below is my second attempt at the fast-click game (I believe my first was 550ish.)
    clixor.JPG

And to show that we are aware of some of the tools available to players less interested in playing within our Terms of Use, the following was with a little help.

clixor haxs.JPG

Again, we absolutely aren't interested in driving players away from the game. We want players to be protected from exploits, while not limiting players who go through 3 mice a week because of their exuberance. We have recently adjusted some of the parameters of the throttle to allow for particularly exuberant players, and I will be personally testing it in the Zombie Slayer arena starting tomorrow. If you run across my test account, I recommend not attacking it, as its stats are totally rigged.

We know the arena is something many players enjoy, and we want to keep it that way. As always, if you run into the throttle, please let us know through support so we can look into it.

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

I got a 704 on the trackpad for a 10 second score... but really it hurt my hand because my clicker is too stiff.

I can keep steadier on a mouse and get more clicks over the time it takes to get a kill.

700 can be done, thats all Im saying. and I seriously doubt that im "the fastest clicker in the world"

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

oOoOoOoOoOooooooo

Tottally rigged huh?

Well can I have your health reward then?? or would that be too much favoritism?

8. Wonder Bread

I'll be removing the account when I'm done testing so as not to affect the arena too much, although if you do run into it I really don't recommend attacking it :p

9. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I don't think you know how many people just went Challenge Accepted!

10. LMFAO, legitimate research... hahahahahahahahahaha Its nothing but a game, You CANNOT click that much on ZS period.

It is hillarious to see the same people or person continue to cry about the Feature..

hahahahahahahahaha

11. im the beast

im the beast Member

whats more funny is u cry about nothing..

12. What's really funny is that it sounds like WB is going to be testing the throttling feature in "God Mode" rather then using a realistic account. I've got some bad news for you WB, you're not going to get an accurate assessment doing that. I've been a games tester, and while "God Mode" can be useful to test for certain bugs, it's never a fair replacement for hard work. For playing the game legitimately as it's played by your gamer base.

13. Eraser

Eraser Member

The strength of the account should not effect the clicking speed, or how the throttle is triggered.

I will suggest the only thing it WOULD effect, is how many attacks it would take you to take down the kills.

Using a "standard" attack power account with maybe just a higher health and defense would be a little better.

i can see clearly the reason for the warning. I am just suspecting, the test subjects will be the poor souls that happend to attack.

May be a little less "intruding" to the game to actually make yourself targets to attack too... With 1500 at the start, and you already know the IDs, Im sure your "made up" targets wont get taken out by somone else.

14. slave

slave Member

wonder bread does this mean you will start attacking a target with 200 million health and riding it all the way to the end, just as we would? or are you going to be a sniper and try clicking furiously for 10 seconds to see if it trips? If you dont do it both ways, your test results will be meaningless, just saying.

15. slave

slave Member

and what is super hilarious is some guy keeps posting about the throttle feature and i dont think he has ever played arena, but ive killed him

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
  16. alka

alka Banned

It's even more hilarious that some guys think they can click 600+ times in a minute by clicking crazy for 10 seconds and taking that as an average.

If it works that way that means Usain Bolt who ran 100 metres in 9.86 seconds can run a mile in 2.6 minutes..lmao
    16.09 * 9.86 seconds = 2.64412333 minutes

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Slave if you have a problem with moderator, write into support, do not do it here, thank you

18. Wonder Bread

@TP + Slave First off, please remember that you need to either message support or community@kanoapps.com if you have an issue with a moderator or moderation. All of the edits done in this thread comply with the forum Code of Conduct, which you can read here.
    If you have a problem with one of the guidelines, please message me about it or email community@kanoapps.com.

19. Wonder Bread

@DTW I have set up the account so that it can survive accidental attacks while doing very little to the players it's attacking. I agree that this set-up wouldn't be useful for all kinds of testing, however for the specific areas I'm interested in looking at it should provide an accurate gameplay sample.

@Eraser I appreciate the suggestion, and think that's quite a good idea as it will minimize the interaction with the test account. Thanks!

@Slave I appreciate the advice, and can tell you that I will be testing several different scenarios to ensure we have reasonable limits set up. Also, just so you know, I've deleted several of your posts that I feel were off-topic and meant only to antagonize our moderators for enforcing the Code of Conduct. If you have any specific complaints about the deleted posts, please feel free to message or email me.

Again, we've done our best to ensure that players aren't being affected by the throttling feature without actually abusing an exploit or automation. If you do run into it this Battle Arena, please send a message through Support so we can take a look into your account.

20. slave

slave Member

back to the drawing board, it took all of 24 minutes for me to trip the meter, and on a lowly 124 million health bounty, i spent the last 30 million of health constantly being in time out, if you honestly made a threshold that a human cannot trip then you need a new programmer, cuz it wasnt programmed right.

i knew it wouldnt work
    i just knew it

what else do i need to say?

it doesnt work
    we are tripping it and i have to say i wasnt even going that hard on it, and it tripped

congrats to you and your team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.