Home Page Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 13, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I mean it is the deal of the "day" so it will refresh every twenty four hours so I can understand why the developers have it set up that way. Personally, I wouldn't want to have to close it every day if I'm never going to interact with it either, so I might able to get them to change that to a permanent thing somehow.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Note that on Chrome, I can't click on the left side of the "Event" dropdown (on the homepage in MW:LCN). This is with 100% zoom.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

"Left side of the event drop down" do you mean the main menu box?

4. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Yes, where it says:
    • All events
    • Friend messages
    • Job help
    • etc

5. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

That's exactly what we ask for, scroll down and move on because that's where we could find everything: social feed, game history etc on the right, daily activities on the left. That new 'improved' homepage is just annoying. What most people asked was just a pop up when wars, arenas, raids, ... started and what we get is those carousels nobody asked for.

Chasity and Kirsten like this.
  6. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

What your analytics are going to show is that everybody is going to use this because there is no other option. If you really want reliable stats they should give us both options: like it is now and like it was before (in the left column) and then see how many players would hide the new option.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There is a link that allows you to hide the boxes and you have to click on it to close them, so we can track how many people have closed the boxes.

8. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

I know, but you have to open them again for challenges, to check if lottery is there or not, and then guess under what number it will be, click the boss page or open it again to see if world boss is available, ...
    Before you just scrolled down a little bit and everything was there so if I had both options, I would close it and never open it again, that's what analytics would show. Now I have the choice to leave it open, good for Kano analytics, or close open close open close open ... also good for Kano analytics because in both cases it shows I'm using it. Of course because I don't have a choice.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Exactly

10. Malta

Malta New Member

The games are already very click-heavy. I hope you will take that into account when adjusting the new format. Even though it may seem like a minor change to you that people have to click 2-5 times to access stuff that used to be easily accessible on the left side, it all adds up.

11. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I'm keeping the carousel closed, and am getting to the stuff via other avenues. It is easier to click a challenge to get to the challenges than to go on the carousel ride (can also be accessed in Adventure tab). Lottery can be accessed in Davy Jones tab, but not as conveniently.

Kirsten and Jon Ward like this.
  12. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Same way i have been doing it also. the new feature nothing but annoying and inconvenient.

Kirsten and Chasity like this.
  13. anoldMarine

anoldMarine New Member

do not like it. takes longer to travel to diff locations to locate unfinished challenges in outbreaks.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Personally I don't care about new locations and where the time is spent, by devs,but between the loading issues in the afternoon and evening and the extra clicks looking for stuff,not fun.

15. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

I play from my phone alot now so for me its actually convenient but I can see how It might be annoying on a pc but i don't think it's a big a deal as everyone is making it out to be but to each his or her own

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Click Jobs/Adventures/Outbreaks then Challenges.

OR

Utilize the Daily Activities which contains any active Challenges you might have. It will even let you know if you have Keys/Shots/Digs/etc

17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Good points. I really miss the Lottery button on the left hand side of the screen, because it automatically activated when you needed to check your ticket each day, then went away until the next time that it needed to be checked. I'm seriously considering closing the carousels, but there is no other way to find out when the arena and war events are, and you need to know that if you plan for them ahead of time like I do. :mad:

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If you go the Battle Arena or War page it will tell you what date/time these events will happen as soon as the current event is over.

19. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I know that. But once you go to the event page, the reminder "disappears" until the day of the event. Unless that has been changed? So you want us to check the event pages each day to see when the events start, I can see where that saves players a lot of clicks and time. I guess you haven't planned ahead for many events if you don't already know this? o_O

I guess if I want to go ahead and close the carousel permanently, that would be the only other option, since the events (other than raids) aren't announced in the forums anymore. Thanks for the suggestion!

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The home page reminder does not disappear when you go to the event page and sign up, however the old banners which used to promote the Battle Arena and the War would once you visited the page. The new one does not. :)

What you said was:

So I was simply correcting you and letting you know that you can still find out when the next events are even if the home page boxes are closed.

Judging by your original statement you seemed to be unaware that the option to see when the event starts by going to that event page, or neglected to mention you were aware of that option.