Home Page Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 13, 2015.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity can we see these #'s?

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I would be curious to know this as well. Specifically, how many FEWER clicks there are for certain things. For example, how many fewer lottery entries there are each day.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'd love it if I could give out specific numbers around certain things, but there are things that are proprietary and confidential. I'll see what I can dig up, but it might not be much. I might be able to give general indications.

Believe it or not, Lottery views were up the last we checked.

Chasity and JADES like this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

How about a ~% of people that are actually closing this feature off daily then?

5. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

~can't miss the chance to win 1000 favor points! :)

6. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Of course, now I have to check 2 or 3 times if it's already there or not.

Aapje likes this.
  7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Exactly. Which is why I do not bother with anything that has to do with the Karousel any longer. I have never gotten more than 3 out of 5 numbers in more than 4 years of playing anyway, so it's not worth the extra clicks to me.
    I have also given up on closing the Karousel every day, because that is simply ridiculous. So those numbers won't be representative of those of us that do not like it.
    Interesting that the numbers are "proprietary". Really? What possible use could I have for using this information to my own advantage? Can I use that information to make money somehow, or steal money away from Kano? This argument makes absolutely NO SENSE to me. And even if I can't have that information, we don't even get the standard vague response to inquiries we normally get (such as, "Our internal tracking shows that the majority of players actually use the Karousel on a regular basis, and this has not drastically reduced participation in various elements of the game, so you are dead wrong, Jared.")
    Simple question: How many players checked the lottery, say, a week before the Karousel was implemented on a particular weekday, and how many players checked the Karousel, say, 2 weeks ago on a particular weekday? Not really representative of a trend, but it would represent how many DAILY players such as myself still check the lottery, which would be pretty telling. Or are these numbers simply too "proprietary" and "confidential" to release to the public, as it would more than likely lead to the end of gaming as we know it?

Marc14 likes this.
  8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I had always used the God tab for lottery, but I can see if use to something for years how it would piss someone off.
    Hey Mitch, go move the coffee maker and beer fridge to different location in the building and see what responses you get LOL. :)

Chasity and Marc14 like this.
  9. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

After months of clicking "Hide activities", I have to tell you... I hate constantly clicking Hide Activities!!!! Once I click it off, it should stay off. This is what I hate about some of your changes.
    Worst
    Idea
    Ever!

JADES likes this.
  10. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

I got use to it and it is fine, It even reminds me to do things I forget, like World Boss.

11. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I don't forget to do the World Boss because the Boss Tab is one of the first things I do. I go collect on other bosses and see how mine is doing. Not sure if you are working bosses how you could forget the World Boss because it pops up if you haven't hit it in 4 hours. But whatever.

12. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

exactly. and i have given up on closing it months ago. i just ignore it now, like other aspects of the game i don't care for.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I as well getting tired of hiding this daily along with the offers, at least help us out SOME and set it on elite chieftain/matey/etc. clock of 4 days o_O Can't be to hard to change the clock, can it? :p

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Mabest likes this.
  14. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i really don't understand why when we close it it won't STAY closed until we decide to reopen it.

Orez likes this.
  15. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!!!

16. Orez

Orez Active Member

How come on FB VC and PC I don't have the ability to hide offers like a can on both FB and Kong Mob Wars?

17. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

I like the new home page , it helps sometimes to remind the events

bowberson and GATMAN like this.
  18. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

Im the "if it aint broke, dont try to fix it" type of fella! It wasn't broke, and didn't need any fixing however it still works fine and isn't that big of an annoyance having to scroll down an extra inch to get to the text you want to see.

19. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

example: lottery. i used to be able to scroll down once, click on the lottery icon on the left hand side of the page, and BOOM! find out that i lost instantly.
    now: 1) go to carousel 2) click to see that i have boosts available to share, which i don't care about 3) click to see that i have a daily reward available, which i already checked 4) click to see the lottery announcement (finally!) 5) click on the button to find out that i lost. i also think that you have to find out whether or not you have challenge shots available first, but i already used all mine for now, so i saved a step today.
    yes, this is SOOOOO much easier than it used to be!

GATMAN likes this.
  20. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

Still gotta gave Kano an E for Effort......remembering that an E is a failing grade :) I tend to stick with my old way of doing my daily routine. The change was wasted effort in my opinion, but it doesnt bug me either.