Holiday Raid Boss Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 27, 2017.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Whether you’ve been naughty or nice, Old Man Winter is coming to town! For this month’s Raid event you’ll be helping the personification of Winter make sure that he has enough toys for the boys and girls of the world. In light of this change, there are a few key areas where the Raids will differ from previous events. Read on to find out what!

Building Toys

The main goal of this Raid event is to assist the Raid by building toys in the workshop. This functions the same as attacking a normal Raid and costs Stamina, but instead of doing damage with every click of the Attack button you’ll be building some toys.

Additionally, your Party’s Health is measured in Holiday Cheer. Once this gets low, you’ll need to spend some Energy to get your Holiday Cheer back up to full. Raid progress will reset as normal if the Party wipes, so make sure to keep that Cheer high!

Raid Superiors are still earned the same way as normal, though we have some exciting new holiday-themed ones to collect!

Global Raid Boss Progress

[​IMG]*
    *Not final numbers.

The biggest change to this event is that, by contributing to the total number of Raid Bosses completed, you’ll have a chance to earn special Holiday-themed Loot Cases with some unique Holiday items inside!

On the Raid Boss page there will be a new panel with a progress bar tracking how many Raid Bosses are defeated across all servers (you’ll be working together on this one!) For each checkpoint cleared, you’ll earn a Holiday Loot Case. The more checkpoints you clear, the more Cases will be unlocked!

The bar will progress incrementally in-game, but here is what you can expect to earn for each checkpoint:

Check point 1: one loot Case
    Check point 2: one loot Case
    Check point 3: one loot Case
    Check point 4: one loot Case
    Check point 5: two loot Cases
    Check point 6: three loot Cases
    Check point 7: seven loot Cases

Note that these rewards will be redeemable once all summoned Raids have been completed, which should be at noon PST on January 5. You’ll have until midnight on January 31 to redeem these rewards.

When you are able to collect the rewards, you’ll be able to do so from the “Past Checkpoints” on the totalizer screen. There will be collect links there, make sure to click the orange collect button on the pop-up to receive your reward.

To get things kicked off, here’s a free Raid Boss key! Starting at 9 am tomorrow December 28 (when the Raid starts) click on the link below to be taken to the server of your choice and claim your reward:

FB: https://vc.kanoplay.com/rewards/col...play&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=reward_406
    KP2: https://vc.kanoplay.com/rewards/col...play&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=reward_406
    KONG: https://vc.kanoplay.com/rewards/col...play&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=reward_406
    AG: https://vc.kanoplay.com/rewards/col...play&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=reward_406

M3THMouth and mushroomhead like this.
  2. Tier levels seem very low on kong/armor......
    Tier 1 0-2500
    Tier 2 2501-3999
    Tier 3 4000+

Last raids, the tiers were
    Tier 1 0-4250
    Tier 2 - 4251-8499
    Tier 3 - 8500+

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This has been fixed, but it will not apply to Raid Bosses that have already been opened; unfortunately they can't be changed after the fact. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

In what way was this raid to be more fun? Same dam crappy xp for my level and cost more stam to do?!?! time for you to get real over on Kano. More and more of us old start be so dam tired of this

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I just noticed this VC holiday raid, is different from the PC holiday raid, "This means the Raid Boss’s “Health” bar will be going up instead of down." I guess I missed the memo about the change :p

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

PC was our first kick at the can with this new format and the reversed health bar caused a lot of confusion, hence the change. We also got rid of Health & Damage scaling

7. Kirsten

ok figured that was what happened, I am hitting my raid, and the bar was going down and I was What the heck lol, I liked the PC way was not confusing to me, :p

8. Jack Alatalo

Jack Alatalo New Member

Why are my "checkpoints" different than shown in the original post? In the walk-through, you show checkpoints at 100 & 200 (and I assume every 100 after that is a checkpoint). BUT in my Holiday Raid progress I show check-points at 150 & 300. upload_2017-12-29_16-1-46.png
    So, in order to get 7 Loot cases, I would need 1,050 Global Raids Completed rather than 700!

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The OP was just an example, the checkpoints themselves are not fully public but as you can see you will always be able to view the next checkpoint along the way.

I am not sure of the progression but I do not believe it is strictly linear so the jumps between may be greater/lesser than 150 along the way.

10. Kirsten

no it is global it takes into account the total for all 4 platforms, with all those players, so you don't personally have to do 700 , unless ya want to,

11. Jkvkid

Jkvkid New Member

Below is what the Checkpoints were for PC. As of now, with 600 the next Checkpoint, it appears the Checkpoints for VC may be higher than PC was. That would truly be bad form if that turns out to be the case.

Attached Files:

12. Kirsten

it was also different in LCN, my thought was cause each games is different in how much it takes to level, LCN is harder to level than ot is in VC and Vc is harder to level than PC

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

PC and VC are different games and complete a different amount of Raids on average. The checkpoints were picked by looking at open and completion data for each of the four games separately over the past few months.

14. Erik Peterson

Erik Peterson Member

As we're nearing the end of the VC holiday raid, a couple quick thoughts:
    - I love the artwork: Old Man Winter is jolly yet Viking, well done.
    - As we are building toys, how hard would it be in the future for the raid to start at 0 on the boss health bar and increase as we do work for it?
    - There are a few messages from the standard raid yet to be updated: notably, if you try to Cheer a raid when it's full you still get "the raid is at maximum health when it should be cheer. Also, when a raid runs out of Cheer the feed message still says it has perished - I guess it should say we've been overworked or something?

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Read post #6 above :p

Erik Peterson likes this.
  16. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Maybe I am missing something here but I don't get the point of seeing a bar for Global Holiday Raid Progress. After reading through everything, it is evident that it is a way of keeping track of all the raids that are completed by players on all platforms, but I do not understand how that effects what I do in any way different than normal raids. I understand that we will get extra stuff the higher the bar goes, but what I don't get is how anything I do other than play raids as normal is going to effect the end results of what I earn versus any other player who is also doing raids.

17. Kirsten

I think ya just ya overthinking lol it is just fun, and a little different, the first one the was a bit different, we had to get the bar full to finish, I liked it , but it seems people were confused :(

18. Erik Peterson

Erik Peterson Member

Yeah, I figured someone else would have got that already and scanned for it...clearly not all that carefully :D

19. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I do tend to overthink things. lol I just collected my rewards, and was pleasantly surprised to find we got 16 loot chests total filled with different stuff. Yeah I know, I should have read closer the original post as it tells we get loot chests. I was under the impression we would all get the exact same things which in effect would not have changed our strength versus our opponents strength in any way. Well we all did get the same thing as far as # of chests go, but the items inside are probably not the same. I admit that it was fun checking to see what was inside. Some stuff was not much help, but other stuff was really good. Overall, this was a pretty cool way to do raids. Also, loved and hated the bright graphics that came with this raid. At first it seemed there was to many bright colors that were distracting, but once I got use to them, I started really liking them. Kudos to Kano for trying something different.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Kirsten

see , it turned out good :)