[LCN] Hitlist pricing has major issues

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Stephen Wilcoxon, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Stephen Wilcoxon

Stephen Wilcoxon New Member

I'm not yet level 2000 but I've had a level 6000+ hitlist me multiple times for no reason (I've never attacked him or anyone in his Syndicate). It costs him nearly nothing (in a relative sense) to hitlist me but I can't afford to hitlist him - it would cost me over half a trillion dollars just to rig his ignition.

It seems to me that the cost for hitlisting someone should be based on the level of the person placing the hitlist and not the target (and probably the same for rig ignition). Otherwise, there is absolutely no recourse if a much higher level player hitlists you.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Don't keep healing.

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Keep healing, only can lose 1/2 a level.. 10 bounties set protection if like, out of your hair for 3 days.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

if you wanna heal----->keep Rigging him, it will be cheap as chips of course you can get protection.
    otherwise don't heal

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Stephen Wilcoxon

I'm not sure how not healing is an option. If you don't heal, you can't attack a boss or initiate a fight.

Yes, rigging gets cheaper with more hits but it is still hideously expensive to rig a much higher level player.

I'm assuming the current cost structure for hits and rigs is as-designed but I completely fail to see the rationale in it. As near as I can tell, the only thing the current pricing system does is guarantee that higher level players are effectively immune to lower level players (which would seem like the opposite of what should be or else a lot of players will simply quit when it becomes clear that they can never really compete).

6. Vic

Vic Active Member

not true. players know that if they chain list me, they will get chain rigged back. now they simply wait until i'm offline and chian pk me, and there's nothing i can do about it. they do not have an unlimited amount of cash, contrary to popular belief. and you will die every day, no matter how you play or what you do.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Stephen Wilcoxon

But they do effectively have unlimited cash. It costs almost nothing (relative to income) to hitlist a player much lower level than you. It costs me less than 1% of my income to hitlist a player 1000 levels below me. For someone 4000 levels above me, it is likely even cheaper (as an income percent) to hitlist me. On the other hand, for me to rig his ignition (after the first hitlist at least) costs 6000% of my income. There is a huge imbalance there that seriously detracts from the game if a higher level player decides to be a *^@%$.

8. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

stay dead for a while. lol you can do bosses and fight at anytime, keep healing will only let them chain you more. besides if you cause trouble ex: using wc offensively on particular high level player, killing a raid or if you attack them they will come after you and wait until you heals.

9. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

but more they list you, your bounty will rise, unless you have really low income.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

It is not all about "level" as on Kong we have many players who have played a long time and decided to stay at a pretty steady level which means they dont try to level and they are happy where they are at. But they play all the time and have built up great income over the years. They are not cheap to list and they wouldn't care if they were as dying just helps them stay at the level they are. Sometimes you have to avoid a player who for whatever reason has you as a target and you have to play at times they are not on or heal quickly and do your thing and then expect to die. Eventually they get bored although they may never stop looking for you but it wont be every 5 minutes like it might be now.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

after all it's mob wars, who on the game wouldn't like to get listed? if you're a stat protector, this is not the place.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID and Kirsten like this.
  12. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

These games are not designed to compete with high levels. Don't quit because that's when they really win. Just keep playing and try to raise your bounty by buying properies. The best money is made on the hitlist. You will make even more enemies but that's just part of the game. Don't start arguing in world chat because that will only make things worse. They will see you as a whiner and even more players will start hitlisting you. And remember it's just a game, you don't really die. It's just some bits and bytes on a server somewhere that are being killed.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Exactly, just laugh it off. It's just a little exp lost, you'll get it back.

ChewbaccaSW and Orez like this.
  14. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

yeah, there are more than enough opportunities to gain xp back and still move forward, even if you get chained.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. death is just another stat.

Death Count: 3,728

And that is way lower than some

16. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

How much XP do you lose when you die?

17. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

I think, it is 3% of the XP you need for next level. Is there someone who noticed the same thing?

18. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I thought roughly that!

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

5%

20. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I don't think it's as much as that.