[LCN] Hitlist Cost Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 12, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

"Hitlisting mobsters below your honorable range draws too much heat. The Godfather demands a payment to make sure the authorities look the other way."

Hey all,

Today we're rolling out a change to the Hitlist which adds an extra consideration to listing players outside of your Honorable range.

The short and sweet of it is:

-The third time you list someone outside of your honorable range a Hitlist tax will be levied by the Godfather in order to keep the law looking the other way.
    -This tax exists only if there has been no retaliation from the lower-level player.
    - This is on the same timer as the current Hitlist cost reset and will go back to normal after ~24 hours without a listing.
    - This tax WILL NOT apply during Blitz events

Just something to be aware of when you are calling in hits on your rival Mobsters. If you have any technical or gameplay issues with this change, be sure to let us know!

Note: This currently only applies to Mob Wars: LCN if you are visiting this thread from a different game.

Update: Sept 20th

We have made some changes around what is considered a "recent" hitlisting that would apply to this tax. Please see this post for more info.
    https://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/hitlist-cost-update.36001/page-5#post-191173

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
    Robert William Morin and Dollerz like this.
  2. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

Over what time period does this apply.

Is it 3rd hit in a day, week, month, forever?

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Same as the current Hitlist cost reset, so ~24 hours without an aggressive action. Apologies, will update the post!

4. Mott

Mott New Member

Fantastic ! TY Kano (never thought I'd say that..:p)

Jenna Rator likes this.
  5. SOHAIB

SOHAIB Member

This is Hilariously Stupid update to the game lol
    Cry babies really made you do that hahahhaha
    I hope Cry Babies are gonna be giving cash to you too because no big account is gonna spend any more on this game when all they have left to do in this "FIGHTING" game is to do raids... HAHAHAH
    BRAVO KANO

6. A N T O N I A

A N T O N I A New Member

TIME for your players quit Kano :) WTG !!! Personally i wont even accept an adjustment . NOT COOL what do you want us to do here the bigger accounts ?? PUNCH & RAIDS ?? i dont think so kano :) I hope the people that suggested this to you will pay FOR YOUR GAME TO CONTINUE .. i know me and my members wont !!! ~Antonia PUB I ASSURE YOU !

SOHAIB likes this.
  7. A N T O N I A

A N T O N I A New Member

DONT EVEN BOTHER US WITH ADJUSTMENTS like you did with skill points... REMOVE IT OR WE WILL REMOVE OURSELVES !!!

Seppo and SOHAIB like this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Cry babies have kano in their pocket , more and more :(

Miss Kitty Snaps and SOHAIB like this.
  9. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

So how much is this tax? 10%? 100%? Does it increase with every hit after the 3rd in a 24 hour period with no retaliation?

Does it apply only to players who are a lower level than you and outside your honorable range? Or does it also apply to higher level players who are outside your honorable range? If the latter, how does that impact blitz? Is it suspended during blitz?

Related Q: What's up with the math on blitz?
    Shouldn't Cash Won always be higher than Cash Spent during Blitz?

Thanks.

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Tax increases exponentially each time based a few factors, just like regular hitlist costs.

Applies only to lower levels outside the honorable range, does not apply to higher. The tax applies during the blitz right now, but we are open to changing it.

Cash Won is going to be lower because the Godfather still takes a piece of each listing.

11. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thanks!

I though during Blitz though payouts were double what was paid. So wouldn't that cause Cash Won to be higher than Cash Spent?

12. Farqu

Farqu Member

What the!!!!!! Now that takes all the fun out of the game! Not impressed at all KANO! Just another reason that stepping away from the computer looks a little more appealing for me. No more spending at all from me i'm done. Cry babies in a fighting game should go to Farm Town and play!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  13. BupeciiCharm

BupeciiCharm New Member

Sounds fair to me. It’s going to cost a little more for a level 10k to list a level 1k 25 times. I guess there’s a little sting to that for those who spend and enjoyed the hitting out of range aspect of the game. I’m sure none of them will quit spending or playing because of this, they’ve invested too much to walk away. However, you’ll probably retain a few of the newer folks who recently joined the game.

14. GD411

GD411 New Member

I think this is stupid. The only ones happy with this are the ones that whine about getting attacked/listed in a fight game. I rarely list anyone out of my honorable range myself, but to limit people from listing anyone is a joke. I've been chain listed by high level players numerous times and it never bothered me. It's part of the game. Let the whiners go play Farmville if they can't handle it.

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  15. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

So I tried it. I'm level 4,248 and I listed a level 332 (with his permission to try the new hl rules).
    First 3 hit lists cost me 1 billion and change. 4th hit list was over 1 trillion.
    He punched me. Next hit list was back down to 1 billion and change.
    That's x 1,000.
    Which if the player's bounty is in the low billions, it wouldn't stop bullying if that's the goal.
    I didn't try hit list #5 but heard it's obscene.

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

And gawd forbid there be drama in a PVP game, oh the humanity, the poor pixels that die in a game, yes give them protection , make it so better players get annoyed rather than upset the raid leveling newer players that either may mouth off in taverns and world chats, and have leveled themselves into XP ranges they have no business in.

Farqu likes this.
  17. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

pffft..what is this farmville ? thought this is a "war" game :confused: bad enough you have fight ranges, which really limit who you can fight, but you have ambushes, rigs, protection and now this :( awe are people whining they are getting killed in a "war" game..boo hoo....christ even when you want to war with another syn you have to ask permission :eek: i mean really ask permission to start a war..lmao...and then even when at "war" there is still the stupid fight range :mad:
    If you're going to give all these farmville cry babies all this ...LOSE the fight range ...make this a REAL "war" game :);):p

Seppo and Kirsten like this.
  18. A N T O N I A

A N T O N I A New Member

WELL SAID VALERIE !! WELL SAID !!

Kirsten and Valerie like this.
  19. Jackie Murphy

Jackie Murphy New Member

These new hot listing rules will only serve one purpose and that's drive away the people that actually spend on this game. I am not a high leveled player. I'm a level 4594 but what about the people that have big accounts, the level 20k plus that have very few 9n their fight list to hit list and probably none within their honourable hit list range. There more was good enough when they were investing in their game but now you are in a way cutting them out because of the level they have achieved. You give one protection after 10 hit list attacks, well why not give the option of extra protections for say 2fp for the 2nd protection, 5 for the 3rd 10 for the 4th. Why deplete the game of fake cash which will have the knock on effect of not being able to buy properties to raise your base hit list value and subsequently they will be unable to hit list. I get excited when I get a hit list kill but what you are doing is taking the fun out of the game. Even the smaller guys hit outside of their honourable because they were foolish ING enough to attack someone way to high. If this new hit list rule becomes permenant, then it is just a matter of time before we see the end of LCN. This is just plain crazy and very wrong

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If a smaller account attacks/retaliates in ANY way the tax does not apply so this doesn't change anything. What this is looking to address is players who are being hitlisted repeatedly, without retaliation, and are unable to enjoy the game at all because of this. You are still free to hitlist players as much as you want but the cost ramps up pretty fast. We will be keenly monitoring usage of the hitlist as well as player sentiment over the next few days and weeks so things could still change.

Dollerz and mi7ch like this.