[VC] Gifts glitch

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Brosnik, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Not a big problem but I mention it because others in my Guild have the same problem. When 'Accepting' gifts, for about 3-4 times per day a gift refuses to be accepted when you click on it. To get around it you 'Accept' a different gift then you can go back to collect that gift which would not 'Accept.' Like I said it is not a big problem but it never used to be there. Obviously there is some kind of glitch in the system so I thought I would report it to you incase it gets worse.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I have seen this before as well, but what I believe is occurring is get 2 gifts from same person in 1 day, so 2nd link to "ACCEPT gift" is invalid. Just my perspective on it.

3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I believe Jades hit the nail on the head, that happens when you collect gifts one by one instead of accepting all of them at one time. Also, only the last 100 gift sends stay in your queue. If someone happens to be sending you a gift at the exact same time you're collecting them, the last gift in your queue won't be collected if it hasn't already been.

4. Not sure if its the same problem...but recently on both servers..collect gift..click to send...screen stays the same..don't know if gift has therefore been sent?????.....

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes I have been seeing that here and there .

Raforta Stronghawk likes this.
  6. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I don't think it is that otherwise the gift would not 'Accept' after clicking on another one first. The gifts always accept rather than not but when they get 'stuck' I have to accept another gift then go back to get the one that did not work first time. Like I said it never used to do this but has started recently - last month or so. I only reported it because others in my guild commented on it as well so it is not just me.

I know that you cannot get more than one gift per day from the same person, but it is not that. The accept button does nothing when this happens until I accept another one first. If I have about 30 gift to accept for example, then this will happen about 4-5 times within that list of gifts to accept.

7. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

This is real glitchy. In FB, some gift backs are working and some are not. It become a screen block as the send gift does not action the gifting. Closing window and of course they gifter is gone. No gift sent. Collect IC ... go to gift ... no action / response on the gift option.

GLITCH !!!!!!!!!!

8. Kel the Merciful King

Can't send from their FB VC Profiles a gift of my own choice ...

GLITCH!!!!!!!

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Mine is fine just tried 3 different people all worked, the whole gift screen popped up?

10. Kel the Merciful King

This is from FB VC ... they have no gifts showing ... went to gift them ... frozen button after the gift popup shows up. Can click on the gift a dozen times. No luck.

11. Kel the Merciful King

If click on the gifts they ask for, seems to work.
    Does not work all the ones on the regift in the collection of gifts.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well that's their fault isn't it? Many people have no gifts in wishlist... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

The problem is still there with the random Accept button not working. The only other possible thing I can think of, which might tie in with the timescale, is that I upgraded to Windows 10 in October. It is roughly since then I have had the problem but I would not be so specific as to say that was it. Very definitely I get 4-6 frozen Accept buttons every single time I go to send and receive gifts when there are about 30-40 in the pot. That is roughly a 20% fault rate. Like I said, the way around it is to click another gift and then go back to the frozen one and that clears it. Still a glitch though in my opinion.